DeKalb County Monkeyshines

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter
3684094_200X150.jpg

DeKalb Official Surrenders

DECATUR -- A top aide to DeKalb County CEO Vernon Jones surrendered late Friday afternoon to face charges that he held a 19-year-old woman last month against her will at a Dunwoody hotel.

Lance Robertson, deputy chief of staff to Jones, turned himself in around 4:30 p.m. at DeKalb police headquarters. A magistrate judge issued the warrant earlier this week after the unidentified woman contacted police.

Robertson was placed on administrative
eave Aug. 2 after the Jonesboro woman leveled the accusations. The warrant charges Robertson with false imprisonment.

On Friday, Ann Kimbrough, the chief of staff for Jones, said Robertson, wh

o had been drawing his $70,000 salary while on leave, has been suspended wit
hout pay.

"Neither the CEO nor I condone any employee who does not immediately surrender to law enforcement when arrest warrants have been issued by the courts," she said in a written statement. "We encourage Lance Robertson to surrender to law enforcement authorities and resolve his matters in a court of law."

An attorney for Robertson, Beverly J. Taylor, has denied the allegations. Jones declined to comment about the arrest warrant during a press conference Thursday where he addressed the death of the county attorney.

Robertson, 41, has worked in the Jones administration since he took office in 2001. He oversees the administration's constituent services, community affairs and publi
c and media relations efforts.

According to a police report, the woman told investigators that she had met the man July 30 during a concert at the W Hotel near Perimeter Mall.

The w
oman
told police the man bought her drinks before she blacked out. According to the report, the woman woke up naked lying ne
xt to Robertson, who was also naked.

She called police the next day after a supervisor encouraged her to seek medical treatment, according to the report.

The warrant listed Robertson's address as a condominium near Turner Field in southeast Atlanta, where police were looking for him late Thursday. The condo is co-owned by Jones, according to Fulton County tax records.

No on answered the door when Channel 2 Action News went to the home Thursday.

Robertson has been in trouble before.

According to police reports, the man was arrested in 1999 for shoplifting from a DeKalb Kroger grocery store. According to a report in the Atlanta Jour
nal-Constitution, Robertson was charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting.

The newspaper reported that he pleaded no contest and was ordered to serve community service and probati
on.
<
br>**************
Lance????? What an appropriate name for a spearchucker, but I'm sure the young negress in question has a different idea a
bout his name.

Reference:

Vernon Jones

T.N.B.

Shucks, Lance was merely trying to shoplift a little sex -- with the aid of Rohypnol. That's pretty much TNB SOP!

Vernon Jones
4060502_200X150.jpg

CEO Reacts to Rape Charge

DECATUR -- DeKalb County Chief Executive Officer Vernon Jones refused Thursday night to comment on camera about allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman last month.

Despite repeated questioning, Jones referred all questions to his attorney, who has steadfastly maintained the innocence of the CEO.

"My attorney is handling all questions," Jones said.

Earlier in the day, Jones spoke to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, calling the charge "nonsense" and likened his case to that of former President Bill Clinton, who weathered charges during the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

"Bill Clinton taught a lot of us that, you know, you may have distractions, but you got to go to work. He was able to compartmentalize and be ab
le to concentrate on his work and never let anything keep him from getting up and doing the people's business," Jones told the AJC. "So I think I've demonstrated that regardless of distractions we're still pursuing our record of accomplishments."

The investigation stems from a complaint filed by a 29-year-old Lithonia woman who said Jones raped her at his south DeKalb home on the night of Dec. 28.

The woman, who has not been identified, told police about the incident, which was first reported by Channel 2 Action News, five days after the alleged attack. A second unidentified woman apparently was said to be in the house when the alleged incident occurred.

Dwight Thomas, an attorney for Jones, said any relationship between the woman and Jones was "totally voluntary, totally consensual
and
totally legal."

District Attorney Gwen Keyes is handling the investigation into the allegation.

I'd like to shoot the SOB who taught niggers how to say 'consensual'.

T.N.B.

"Bill Clinton taught a lot of us that, you know, you may have distractions, but you got to go to work. He was able to compartmentalize and be able to concentrate on his work and never let anything keep him from getting up and doing the people's business," Jones told the AJC. "So I think I've demonstrated that regardless of distractions we're still pursuing our record of accomplishments."

So the nigger rapists are following in the footprints of the rapist ex-president?

Only a nigger would hire a convicted criminal as his assistant.

4060502_200X150.jpg

Attention Whitebear, the most recent news article is about Vernon Jones DeKalb County's Chief Executive Officer . The article you have on the Front Page and Dark Crime is about the previous news article about Vernon Jone's close buddy and political aid, Lance Robertson. They are now both accused of rape and since they all look alike and both of them are mentioned in the first article and dey bof from Apelanta, it's an understandable mistake. What I'm trying to say is that the newest news about these niggers in Apelanta is that Veron Jones, DeKalb County's Chief Executive Officer, was recently accused of rape. Knowha'msay'n.

T.N.B.

OK, let me get this straight

ALL of the CEO's and staff of DeKalb County wherin lies Atlanta
(Gone with the Wind)

have been accused of rape now....

So all I need to do is to put up the new pics and suspect names? :tongue:

Who has a program and can I get a chili-dog with that?

OH! the top article is from last AUGUST...
well don't want to put up any stale news...

I'll update tonight - thanks for pointing that out.

Now I know why Vernon Jones saw nothing wrong with hiring a criminal; he's one himself! Then again, if you're going to hire a negro, there's a good chance a criminal record comes with him.

Vernon Jones
4060502_200X150.jpg

GBI to Probe Jones Rape Complaint

DECATUR -- The DeKalb County Attorney said Thursday that she will turn a sexual assault probe against Chief Executive Officer Vernon Jones, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman at his south DeKalb home, over to the GBI.

Gwen Keyes said during a news conference that she will recuse her office from the case.

"We now believe that it is in the best interest not only of the victim but the citizens of the county to look to another independent law enforcement agency to help us with this investigation," Keyes said.

She said she sent GBI Director Vernon Keenan a letter Thursday that
r
asks his agency to handle the probe.

The investigation stems from a complaint filed by a 29-year-old Li
thonia woman who said Jones raped her at his south DeKalb home on the night of Dec. 28.

The woman, who has not been identified, told police about the incident, which was first reported by Channel 2 Action News, five days after the alleged attack. A second unidentified woman apparently was said to be in the house when the alleged incident occurred.

Jones has not commented publicly about the allegations despite repeated questioning by reporters.

Jones spoke recently to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, calling the charge "nonsense." He said he learned a lot from former President Bill Clinton, who weathered charges of a sexual nature during the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

"Bill Clinton taught a lot of us that, you know, you may have distractions, but you got to go to work. He was able to compartmentalize and be able to concentrate on his work and never le
t a
nything keep him from getting up and doing the people's business," Jones told the newspaper. "So I think I've demonstrated that regar
dless of distractions we're still pursuing our record of accomplishments."

Dwight Thomas, an attorney for Jones, said any relationship between the woman and Jones was "totally voluntary, totally consensual and totally legal."

On Wednesday, the attorney who is acting as an advocate for the woman who has leveled the allegation, said the woman never wanted publicity for her complaint.

Antje Kingma, a former prosecutor for the Fulton County district attorney's office, said hospital workers, in accordance with state law, notified police about the complaint when the alleged victim sought medical attention.

"She went to the hospital to get medical attention," Kingma said. "This woman never planned to have a media circus, never planned to have any of this become
public
."

Of course not. Who wants everybody to know that you were raped by a nigger.

T.N.B.

Back