Inmate charged in threats

Aetius

Registered

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/20...1newsthreat.txt

Inmate charged in threats

By DAN SPRINGER of the La Crosse Tribune

A Wisconsin prison inmate accused of threatening to kill La Crosse County Circuit Judge Michael Mulroy and several other court officials was charged Wednesday with three felonies including two counts of battery or threat to a judge. Advertisement

Advertise Info. Directory
During his initial court appearance Wednesday afternoon, Jessie J. Bennett, 44, voiced allegations of racism and corruption within the La Crosse County court sy
tem.

Bennett is accused of telling prison officers in March that he is going "execute" Mulroy when he is released from prison.

Although Bennett was released from prison Tuesday, he w

ill
remain in jail on a $50,000 cash bond, La Crosse County Circuit
Judge Dale Pasell said Wednesday.

Along with charges that he threatened a judge, Bennett is also charged with threats to injure or accuse of a crime, which is also a felony.

As District Attorney Scott Horne made his bond request in court Wednesday, Bennett yelled that he has been mistreated by the system because he is black.

"You're just all into corruption," Bennett told Horne. "I hope you know the FBI will be talking to you all about that."

In a 2001 letter, Bennett accused Mulroy, the La Crosse County Department of Human Services and the District Attorney's Office of racial discrimination against him.

" ... it is my turn for me to play the racial game with eve
rybody that is involved with my black children case," Bennett wrote.

In other letters Bennett wrote about racism and how he was going to "remove the wickedness" from the system
. He
also accus
ed the court officials of being like the Ku Klux Klan and that he was going to "get you all racist, wicked devils inside my b
lack courtroom."

Back