James Brown has prostate cancer(short)

Rick Dean

Registered

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/0404/06jamesbrown.html

image_594083.jpg

James Brown's wife talks of his troubles, and hers
She comments on booking mug, ice storm and claims she was married to someone else

The Associated Press
Published on: 04/06/04

James Brown's wife says she loves her husband and wants to stay with him even though she has been asked to leave the singer's current Australian tour.

Tomi Rae Brown said she was asked to leave because of claims
she was still married to another man when she wed the Godfather of Soul, who has a pending criminal domestic violence charge against him after he and his wife got into a fight at the couple's Beech Isla

nd,
S.C., home.

Tomi Rae Brown said she's coming back to the United States to sign papers proving her previo
us marriage was dissolved.

"That was an illegal marriage that lasted for three days and was annulled," she told The Augusta (Ga.) Chronicle from Australia on Monday. "It was done under the pretense of a man trying to stay in the country, which I didn't know. It was never consummated."

She said reports that the January fight stemmed from her previous marriage were wrong.

Even as the police arrived, she said she was focused on her husband's plight, and the booking photograph of the normally stylish Brown could've been avoided.

"I tried to give the police a comb for him," she said. "I asked them to let me put hi
m in some clean clothes. I asked them not to take the Godfather out looking like that."

She said the couple had been through a tough weekend without electricity following an ice sto
rm t
hat
left thousa
nds across South Carolina without power.

"We had gone for three days with no power and no heat and we were freezing to death," she said. "Mr. Brown woke up that mor
ning disheveled and I wanted to leave. I wasn't allowed to. That's when I made the 911 call, that's when the chair was raised over my head and that's when the police came."

She said she's not sure what will happen next and hopes the couple can start over.

"I was told not to talk to the press by my attorneys, but I'm tired of hiding," she said. "I don't want to go blow a bomb on my husband and I don't want to put my husband down. I love my husband and I believe he deserves every honor he gets."

BBC.-World
Last Updated: Friday, 10 December, 2004, 13:02 GMT

James Brown has prostate cancer

Brown is one of the world's most famous singers
Godfather of soul James Brown has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will undergo surgery next week.
"I have overcome a lot of things in my life. I will overcome this as well," Brown, 71, said in a statement.

He finished a two-week Canadian tour on Thursday night and is expected to spend three weeks recovering from his operation on 15 December.

Brown, best known for hits such as I Feel Good and Cold Sweat, still plans a tour of Asia and Australia next year.

The soul legend was charged with domestic abuse earlier this year after a row with his wife Tomi Rae Hynie but the allegation was resolved when he failed to contest the charge.

Troubled times

Brown was arrested in Jan

uary and accused of pushing Ms Hynie to the floor and threateni
ng her.

Prosecutors said Brown had pleaded guilty to the charges and would forfeit a $1,000 (Ô�Å¡£550) bond as a fine.

Tomi Rae is Mr Brown's fourth wife.

He has had a number of legal problems over the years, including a two-and-a-half year jail term for assault in 1998.

But he was granted a state pardon in 2003 by the state of South Carolina, meaning he was fully forgiven in the eyes of the law and no longer has to deal with the consequences of his past crimes.

Brown, known as the godfather of soul, is into his fifth decade as a recording artist.

He is widely credited with pioneering the use of rhythm to create the funk sound that would later lead to the birth of hip-hop.

Skara Brae,

madkins

Greetings to Rick Dean!!!

Long time since we talked Rick, hope all is well with you. Good to see you back. Been plenty of negritude in the mean time, thats for sure. Welcome back.

Gman

Originally posted by Gman@Dec 11 2004, 01:59 AM
Greetings to Rick Dean!!!

Long time since we talked Rick, hope all is well with you. Good to see you back. Been plenty of negritude in the mean time, thats for sure. Welcome back.

Gman
Gman, I don't think Rick is back yet. His post was dated April 7, 2004. I wish he would come back. He was a top notch reporter!

T.N.B.

Originally posted by Tyrone N. Butts+Dec 11 2004, 07:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyrone N. Butts @ Dec 11 2004, 07:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gman@Dec 11 2004, 01:59 AM
Greetings to Rick Dean!!!â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡ 

Long time since we talked Rick, hope all is well with you.â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡  Good to see you back.â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡  Been plenty of negritude in the mean time, thats for sure.â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡  Welcome back.

Gman
Gman, I don't think Rick is back yet. His post was dated April 7, 2004. I wish he would come back. H

e was a top notch reporter!

T.N.B. [/b][/quote]
Damn, You are right about that Tyrone, What happened to Rick I wonder?? Hope he is OK. Thanks for the update.

Gman

Back