June 6, 2005
http://www.kctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3436495

Grandview Man Charged With Beating Woman To Death In Front Of Her Child
Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version Link To Discussion Forum

3436495_BG1.jpg

Cleveland Marburgh Jr.

3436495_BG2.jpg
3436495_BG3.jpg

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- A Grandview man recently released from prison was charged Monday with beating a woman to death in front of her 9-month-old baby.

Cleveland N. Marburgh Jr., 30, was charged with second-degree murder in the deat
h of Kristi Stephens, 30, also of Grandview, whose body was found in a wooded area in Grandview on Saturday.

Marburgh appeared before Jackson County District Judge Jeffry Bushur Monday and is being
held on $500,000 bond. His next appearance is scheduled for June 22.

A probable cause statement filed in the case says Marburgh called his father Saturday morning, saying "she forced my hand" and worrying about being sent back to prison.

His father, Cleveland Marburgh Sr., asked his son where he was and went out to see him.

When he got there, the affidavit says, he found Stephens' body and a crying baby next to it. The child was not harmed and was later turned over to Stephens' relatives.

Police were then summoned and paramedics pronounced Stephens dead at the scene. Police said she had "obvious" trauma to the face and head.

Prosecutors say Marburgh was released from prison two months ago. Court records in Cass County show that Marburgh was
sentenced in 1993 to 23 years in prison after pleading guilty to first-degree robbery, first-degree assault and armed criminal action.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/4...68/detail.html#

Baby's Cries Lead Officers To Slain Mother's Body
Grandview Police Arrest 30-Year-Old

POSTED: 8:00 am CDT June 6, 2005
UPDATED: 4:17 pm CDT June 6, 2005

GRANDVIEW, Mo. -- The cries from a 9-month-old baby girl led police to her mother's body in a wooded area Saturday morning.

4572635_320X240.jpg

Kristi Stephens

KMBC's Tom Corvin reported that Kristi Stephens, 30, left her sister's place around 1 a.m. but she never made it home. Police found her abandoned Ford Explorer off 125th Street and Byars Road around 8 a.m. Stephens' cell phone and purse were still inside. About a hour later, officers found
Stephens body in a wooded area after hearing her baby girl's cries. Her baby was next to her.

"I'm lucky she's so young
, she won't even remember it," said Marisa Brandes, who is the victim's sister.

Brandes said her fun-loving sister had been hanging out with an ex-convict for the last three months.

"She didn't want to be with him. She wanted a friend, you know, and I guess he could not take it," Brandes said.

Corvin reported Stephens had been beaten. Grandview police arrested a 30-year-old man after he returned to the scene. Cleveland N. Marburgh Jr., of Grandview, was charged with second-degree murder. He is being held on $500,000 bond.

The family plans to take care of Stephens' children.

"We'll take care of her and the rest of the kids. I'm going to step up. She was my backbone. Now, it's time for me to be her backbone," Brandes said.

http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/4576059/detail.html

Grandview Man Charged In Beating Death Of Woman
Baby Found Near Mother's Body

POSTED: 4:49 pm CDT June 6, 2005
UPDATED: 5:03 pm CDT June 6, 2005

GRANDVIEW, Mo. -- A Grandview man is accused of killing a woman he's known since childhood -- and leaving her infant daughter at the scene of the crime, KMBC's Peggy Breit reported Monday.

It is the first murder of the year in Grandview.

Cleveland N. Marburgh Jr., 30, was released from prison in February after serving time for robbery. Now, Marburgh could face life in prison if convicted on second-degree murder charges.

Court documents show that Marburgh called his father from a cell phone Saturday morning. A family friend heard Marburgh's f
ather saying, "What do you mean, 'She forced your hand?'"

After receiving
that mysterious call, Marburgh's father and the friend went to a wooded area near 125th Street and Byars Road, where they found the body of Kristi Stephens, 30, and her baby daughter. The infant was lying nearby, crying.

The family friend called 911. Stephens was pronounced dead at the scene, and Marburgh was arrested.

Relatives of Stephens told KMBC that Marburgh had wanted a relationship that Kristi did not. She had been talking with Marburgh since he was released from prison.

"Ever since then, he kept trying to push up on her and be with her. She didn't want to be with him. She wanted a friend, you know, and I guess he could not take it," said Marissa Brandes, the victim's sister.

The night before Stephens was found dead, both she and Marburgh had been at Brandes' apartment.

"Her side of the family has told us there was some arguing o
r some disagreements overnight or as the evening wore on while they were at the victim's sister's residence, so apparently just a domestic d
isturbance that turned extremely violent,"
said Grandview Police Sgt. Joe McKinstry.

The baby girl was not injured. She and Stephens' three other children are staying with relatives.

Marburgh is being held on $500,000 bond.

Stupid nigger-loving whore. I wonder what color her four kids are.

Originally posted by The Bobster@Jun 6 2005, 03:56 PM
Stupid nigger-loving whore. I wonder what color her four kids are.
I would hate to guess on the first three Bobster but, I

Originally posted by White Boy+Jun 6 2005, 08:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Boy @ Jun 6 2005, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aryan_barbarian@Jun 6 2005, 07:04 PM
BTW - that's one ugly azz pink lipped nigger Whiteboy.
Aren't they all? :)

:Cheers: [/b][/quote]
I've never seen a pretty one.

Well once - but, he was swinging from a tree.

Back