NEW UPDATE: WHITES UNDER BLACK RULE: AG Ellison declines to take over murder case after family objects to plea deal= JUDGE's sentence "Time Served"

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter

AG Ellison declines to take over Hennepin murder case after victim's family objects to plea deal
Jerry Markey spoke Monday against the plea deal offering probation. His son was fatally shot in Minneapolis in 2019.
https://chorus.stimg.co/24951380/merlin_71518397.jpg?fit=crop&crop=faces&w=550&&auto=format
Jerry Markey spoke Monday against the plea deal offering probation. His son was fatally shot in Minneapolis in 2019.
— Kim Hyatt, Star Tribune

By Kim Hyatt , Star Tribune
September 25, 2023 - 4:45 PM

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is declining to intervene in a murder case after the victim's family asked him and Gov. Tim Walz to remove the case from Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty following a proposed plea deal that would keep one of the defendants out of prison.

The family of Stephen Markey says Moriarty is wrong to offer Husayn Braveheart less than a year in the workhouse and probation for the deadly 2019 carjacking of Markey in Minneapolis. Braveheart was 15 at the time. The other defendant, Jered Ohsman, was 17 and is serving 22 years in prison. Earlier this year, Walz and Ellison removed a murder case from Moriarty over similar objections to a similar plea deal offered to a juvenile offender in a murder case, but Ellison said then that he didn't anticipate making a rare decision like that again. He reiterated that stance in a statement to the Star Tribune.

"I said earlier this year that I did not expect to ask the Governor to any assign future criminal cases from county attorneys to me," Ellison said. "While I am reluctant to say more now because I have not yet had the opportunity to meet in person with the Markey family, that remains my intention today. Ultimately, all elected officials, including county attorneys, are accountable to voters for their decisions."

A spokesperson for Walz said in a statement that he would only consider assigning a case to the attorney general upon request from the AG, "and the governor stands by that process."

The Markey family continues circulating an online petition to stop the plea from happening ahead of Braveheart's sentencing next month. They are furious that probation is on the table after years of being told that prosecutors would seek an appropriate sentence for the slaying of Markey, a 39-year-old paralegal from Plymouth.

Markey was shot in broad daylight June 11, 2019, in northeast Minneapolis. Ohsman pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 2020 and admitted to firing the fatal shot.

Markey's family says Braveheart, now 20, who is charged with first-degree aggravated robbery and aiding and abetting second-degree murder, orchestrated the carjacking and also shot Markey. They don't understand the disparate treatment of the two suspects. Markey's mother and sister are both attorneys.

"If I can't get justice for my brother, let's be honest. ... I have resources. I understand the system. If I can't get the right outcome for my murdered brother — who was also involved in the legal system — who can?" Susan Markey said.

Ohsman was certified to stand trial as an adult. Meanwhile, Braveheart's case made it all the way to the Minnesota Supreme Court over arguments of whether the case should stay in juvenile court. In November, justices ruled he should also be tried as an adult.

The Markeys feel like Moriarty is going against the state's highest court by offering Braveheart probation.

Moriarty has defended her decision by using the science of adolescent brain development and the progress Braveheart has shown in the past four years of being incarcerated.

She wants Braveheart to serve up to one year in the county workhouse with five years of probation. The court could impose the same sentence as Ohsman's if he violates probation.

When news broke of the offer in July, Moriarty in a press conference said Braveheart has been "extraordinarily responsive to the carefully selected treatment." She reiterated that in a statement Monday.

"If we disrupt that progress, we will jeopardize public safety and risk everything when he comes back to the community. We cannot take that risk," Moriarty said.
The plea offer shocked Markey's family. They were informed on a Friday in July ahead of a plea scheduled for the following Monday. They immediately demanded a meeting with Moriarty and requested a continuance
Stephen Markey, 39, of Plymouth, was killed June 11 in northeast Minneapolis.
Stephen Markey, 39, of Plymouth, was killed June 11 in northeast Minneapolis.
Provided

Prosecutors never filed a motion for a continuance. But District Judge Michael Burns allowed it, noting how upset the family was over the last-minute notification that prevented everyone from attending.

The family is asking Burns to reject the plea agreement at Braveheart's sentencing Oct. 23.
"I do think that it's very unethical," Susan Markey said of the 11th-hour change. "And taking off my lawyer hat and putting on, like, my sister and family hat, it's also just a really, really mean way to treat people. ... It's piling on in a way that's really cruel."

The family has been in touch with the family of Zaria McKeever, who was gunned down in her Brooklyn Park home last November. McKeever's ex-boyfriend is accused of enlisting two teenage brothers, then ages 15 and 17, and the younger one allegedly fired the fatal shots.

Prosecutors wanted the teens to stand trial for second-degree murder as adults. But in February, Moriarty abruptly changed course, offering a plea deal that would spare them a lengthy adult prison sentence.

The older boy accepted the plea, but before the younger brother could do so — and after weeks of mounting pressure by McKeever's family — Ellison asked Walz to intervene. Moriarty then blasted Ellison's intervention, saying state officials undermined her authority by making an "undemocratic" decision that set a dangerous precedent.

The teen's case, which remains confidential in juvenile court, is ongoing.

It's rare for the attorney general to take a case from any county attorney. McKeever was the second time since the 1990s that the governor has reassigned a case.
Susan Markey said in response to Ellison and Walz not stepping in that she is disappointed but not surprised.
"It's horrifying what they are doing to us. The whole thing is shameful. They should be ashamed and embarrassed. They are not worthy of representing the state of Minnesota."

Last edited:
AG Ellison
Who Ellison is

In 1995 Ellison worked actively on behalf of the Nation of Islam. At a University of Minnesota rally to promote Louis Farrakhan’s highly anticipated Million Man March, Ellison, who organized the rally, appeared onstage with Khalid Abdul Muhammad, who delivered a thundering, racist diatribe.

Nation of Islam is a "liberation theology" murderous cult created by Japanese intelligence agents in early 1900s.

SanFran ZEBRA killings.

People have NO IDEA of who or what Keith Ellison really is.
Ignorance will cause the White demise.

He networks with other blacks, Ellison will destroy Whites in Minnesota.

Last edited:

SIGN IT.​

Remove Husayn Braveheart's case from Mary Moriarty's office & give to MN Attorney General​

ptkgThJOmPwuWpc-800x450-noPad.jpg

Started
September 20, 2023
Petition to
Governor Tim Walz and

Why this petition matters​

default-avatar-gray-128.svg

Started by Kristin Derus Dore
Thank you for reading this and for your help. Mary Moriarty’s soft on crime approach would sentence a carjacker who murdered an innocent person to probation only. You can help prevent this by signing and sharing this petition as soon as you can.
On June 11, 2019, two juvenile offenders murdered a wonderful, caring, kind and completely innocent person during a carjacking near Bauhaus Brewery in Minneapolis. Steve Markey was killed by Jered Ohsman (16) and Husayn Braveheart (15). Ohsman was certified to stand trial as an adult and was sentenced to 21 years in prison.
As Hennepin County Attorney, Mike Freeman, fought to have Braveheart certified to stand trial as an adult all the way to the MN supreme court. After reviewing the facts of the case, including his long criminal record with many felonies and crimes of escalating violence, the supreme court found that he should be tried as an adult.
Recently, Mary Moriarty informed our family that her administration planned to offer a plea deal with probation, rather than any jail time.
We are asking you to sign this petition to help us get the Governor to appoint the Attorney General, so he can be assigned to this case. We as a family and community are profoundly disappointed in the new soft on crime situation which has developed in Hennepin County.
This impacts you whether you live or work in Hennepin County; having Husayn Braveheart on the streets is dangerous for everyone. Our family and the community are being re-victimized by the prosecutor's office.
The prosecutor should seek to protect the innocent and convict the guilty, consider the interests of the victims and witnesses, and respect the rights of everyone, including suspects and defendants. This has not happened and if there is no intervention it will be a miscarriage of justice for our family and increase the danger in our community.
https://www.fox9.com/news/family-of...torney-general-to-step-in-ahead-of-sentencing
https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/n...lea-deal-mary-moriarty/?intcid=CNM-00-10abd1h
https://www.americanexperiment.org/mary-moriartys-consistently-poor-judgement/

Signatures: 1,159Next Goal: 1,500
Signatures
Next Goal

288 people signed today

Sign this petition​

First name
Last name
Email

Display my name and comment on this petition
By signing, you accept Change.org’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, and agree to receive occasional emails about campaigns on Change.org. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Mary Moriarty Wikipedia on Braveheart carjacking murder of Markey; there are several earlier cases
LGBTQ

In March 2023, Moriarty came under criticism after offering controversial plea deals to a 15 and 17-year-old charged with second-degree murder of a mother in Brooklyn Park. The plea deals would allow the defendants to serve 18 to 24 months in a juvenile correctional facility, with probation upon release until the age of 21.
[29]
Moriarty defended her decision, stating "Our goal is to treat kids like kids," and "We know that kids that age are impressionable, they are impulsive, they're easily manipulated and subjected to peer pressure."[30]

A 15 yo & 17 yo gets a gun, robs then shoots and killed a man to carjack him.
Moriarty, "Oh well, kids will be kids."

LONG List of first openly LGBT politicians in the United States​

LGBTQ HATES WHITES, if you didn't know.

The nigga gets off

Despite family’s objections to case handling, AG Ellison allows deal in Hennepin County murder to stand

Kilat Fitzgerald KSTP
Updated: September 26, 2023 - 7:40 AM
Published: September 26, 2023 - 6:47 AM

snip

Moriarty spoke on the plea deal back in August.

“My commitment to Stephen Markey’s family is that we will do everything we can to prevent another family from suffering such a tragic, senseless, and devastating loss,” Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty said Friday. “Mr. Braveheart has shown he is responsive to the carefully selected programming he has received over the past four years. If we disrupt that progress, we will jeopardize public safety and risk everything when he comes back to the community. We cannot take that risk.”

Last edited:

Judge rejects no-prison plea deal for defendant in deadly Minneapolis carjacking​

Husayn Braveheart was a teen charged with aiding a deadly 2019 carjacking in northeast Minneapolis. Hennepin County prosecutors had agreed to a plea in which he would not serve prison time.

By Kim Hyatt Star Tribune

October 23, 2023 — 12:43pm

merlin_72439675.jpg

Richard Tsong-Taatarii, Star Tribune
The family of Stephen Markey including, from left, his mother, Catherine Markey, and sister Susan Markey spoke Monday after a Hennepin County judge rejected a plea deal for a co-defendant in his death.

In a rare move, a Hennepin County judge rejected a negotiated plea agreement that would have spared a defendant prison time for his role in a deadly attempted carjacking in Minneapolis more than four years ago.

District Judge Michael Burns said Monday that he didn't find 20-year-old Husayn Braveheart particularly amenable to probation, as attorneys on both sides had argued throughout the three-hour court hearing. Burns ordered the case for trial unless another agreement is reached by a Dec. 14 hearing.

The decision sent a shockwave through the family of Steven Markey, a 39-year-old paralegal from Plymouth who was killed the afternoon of June 11, 2019.

"I'm feeling hopeful that perhaps we'll have some prosecution and they will actually prosecute this case sincerely and not just fold up and be defense attorneys," Markey's mother, attorney Catherine Markey, said after the hearing. "I'm very proud of Judge Burns ... I'm thankful to have people like him on the bench in Hennepin County."

On the day of the crime, COWARD Braveheart, then 15, and co-defendant Jered Ohsman, then 17, drew semiautomatic pistols at Markey near the intersection of 14th Avenue and Tyler Street NE, charges say. Ohsman told police he ordered Markey out of the vehicle and shot him after seeing him reach for something. Braveheart fired at the vehicle as a bleeding Markey drove off. The teens fled and were arrested after crashing a stolen SUV in St. Louis Park.
In the weeks leading up to the hearing on Monday, Markey's family and supporters had sent letters to Burns asking him to reject the negotiation. The family held press conferences, circulated an online petition and attended rallies outside the courthouse to raise awareness about the plea deal, which they said was an unacceptable outcome lacking accountability.

merlin_55653576.jpg

Provided

Steven Markey, 39, of Plymouth, was killed June 11, 2019, in a northeast Minneapolis carjacking.

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty, whose office negotiated the rejected deal, has drawn criticism for her handling of murder cases involving teen suspects. She campaigned on treating juvenile offenders differently with a focus on rehabilitation.

Braveheart addressed the court Monday by apologizing to the Markey family and saying that he wants to help with prevention efforts for troubled or disadvantaged youth.
Oh Lawd, dizz alla wayz Ize changed, Ize gonna fix alla dem other blak boyz!!!
"I take full responsibility for my actions that day and I have no one to blame but myself in this situation," he said. "I can't go back. I wish I could. But the only way I see is forward."
The negotiation for Braveheart to avoid prison went well below the presumptive guideline sentence of nearly 22 years. Ohsman pleaded guilty in 2020 and remains in prison under that sentence.

Prosecutors and Braveheart's public defenders argued Braveheart played a lesser role in the murder because Ohsman admitted to firing the fatal shot. But Burns said Braveheart shot at Markey as he drove away — which endangered the public more considering it was in the city around 5 p.m.

"It appears to me that the parties are both asking me to consider that Mr. Braveheart, because of his development, is both too young, to the point that he makes impulsive decisions … while at the same time asking me to give him credit for making what appears to be, in his mind, an extremely rational decision to only fire at the vehicle," Burns said. "The two of those can't exist in the same space."

He said that Braveheart admitted it was a joint decision to commit a robbery and a joint decision to draw guns and target Markey.

Both teens involved had their cases moved from juvenile to adult court, but it took years of litigation for Braveheart's case to get there. The Minnesota Supreme Court ruled in November that Braveheart should be tried as an adult, noting Braveheart's prior delinquency cases involving multiple felony and misdemeanor charges. At the time, he had not successfully completed any treatment programs.

Moriarty said she had agreed to a plea negotiation in part because Braveheart had taken well to treatment. After announcing the plea agreement this summer over objections by Markey's family, Moriarty defended the decision by saying how much progress Braveheart had made, and that prison would put all that progress at risk.

She wanted him to instead serve up to one year in the county workhouse with five years of probation, during which he would have had to remain law-abiding; otherwise the court could have imposed the same sentence as Ohsman.

Deputy County Attorney Sarah Davis argued in court and in her motion supporting probation that Braveheart "changed significantly in the 4 ½ years since this murder occurred."

"He has changed from an impulsive 15-year-old boy who was homeless and living on the streets, into a 20-year-old young man who is addressing his PTSD, engaging in treatment, furthering his education, and excelling in programming. The progress Husayn made at the secure residential treatment center where he received services demonstrates his amenability to probation."

Burns, a former prosecutor and probation officer, said while Braveheart agreed to enter two juvenile treatment programs while his case is pending, not all that time was filled with progress. Records show that his treatment has been "punctuated by outbursts, disrespect to staff and other residents, episodes of physical violence and harassment to staff and other residents," he said.

A spokesman for Moriarty issued a statement after Monday's hearing saying the office disagrees with the judge's decision.
He a gud boy queue deez hunnert violins for da cort
"The agreement balanced the possibility of severe punishment with the reality that this young man with a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible childhood has succeeded when he was finally given access to intensive resources. His responsiveness thus far shows that continued serious treatment gives us the best chance to protect the public in the future. Instead, his treatment would likely end if he goes to adult prison and he would likely come out worse than when he went in. Our proposed sentence acknowledged this reality."

Markey's sister, Susan Markey, who is also an attorney, said the family is grateful Burns rejected the negotiation, which she called "a brave decision."
She was among six relatives to give victim impact statements before Burns announced his decision.
"I know judges don't often reject negotiated pleas," she said to Burns through tears, "but this is the negotiated plea to reject."
###
HO HO HO, GET OUT OF NEGROLAND!

HO HO HO, GET OUT OF NEGROLAND!\

Husayn Braveheart gets time served in amended plea deal in deadly northeast Minneapolis carjacking​

By WCCO Staff​

Updated on: December 14, 2023 / 10:41 PM CST / CBS Minnesota​

MINNEAPOLIS — An accomplice in a deadly carjacking in northeast Minneapolis in 2019 entered an amended plea and was sentenced Thursday after a judge rejected a previous plea deal in October.

Husayn Braveheart, 20, pleaded guilty to an amended count of first-degree attempted assault and was sentenced to 54 months in prison, according to Hennepin County officials.

Because Braveheart has been in custody for 1,647 days, the sentence is tantamount to time served.

husayn-braveheart.jpg
Husayn Braveheart WCCO
Braveheart was 15 years old at the time of the carjacking, which occurred June 11, 2019 at the intersection of 14th Avenue Northeast and Tyler Street Northeast. Police said Braveheart and another teen, Jered Ohsman, were armed with guns when they attempted to steal 39-year-old Steve Markey's car. Ohsman shot and killed Markey and is now serving more than 20 years in prison after being tried as an adult.

Braveheart was also certified as an adult after a four-year appeal process.

Hennepin County prosecutors previously offered Braveheart a controversial plea deal that offered probation over prison time. The county attorney's office cited his amenability to probation, his lesser role in the crime and the progress he made in treatment during his incarceration as reasons for the deal. Markey's family strongly opposed the plea deal, and in October, a judge declined to accept it.

On Thursday, Markey's family told WCCO that this week's deal was done without their input.

Hennepin County Attorney Mary Moriarty released the following statement about the new plea deal:

Our job is a difficult one, it is to hold people accountable, protect public safety, and achieve a fair and just result. We believe that we have reached that balance in this case. We know some will agree and others will not. Mr. Braveheart, a juvenile when he committed this terrible crime, has made enormous strides and been responsive to treatment during the past five years of his incarceration. That treatment might have prevented this crime in the first place had he received it, and we believe the treatment will prevent a future crime if it continues, which this sentence allows. As always, our heart goes out to the Markey family, who suffered a terrible tragedy.
Braveheart has two pending aggravated robbery cases for which he is being held on bail. He has another court appearance scheduled for Monday.

THEY GET AWAY WITH MURDERING WHITE PEOPLE.

HO HO HO, GET OUT OF NEGROLAND!

Back