Rapper Blade Icewood killed

White Devil

Registered

DETROIT (AP) --Rap performer Blade Icewood has been killed in a drive-by shooting, seven months after another gun attack left him paralyzed from the chest down.

Icewood, 27, whose legal name was Darnell Lyndsey, was in a wheelchair inside his Range Rover on Tuesday night when a shooter pulled along side in a vehicle and fired, Detroit police say. Icewood was dead at the scene.

Police have no suspects, the Detroit Free Press said Thursday.

The shooting was within a mile of the site where Icewood hosted a nonviolence rally last year.

The subjects of Icewood's hard-core raps include drugs, money, sex, guns, gangsters and premature death.

On one number, he raps about picking out a casket. On another, he talks about his possible death: "You'll never catch me. And if a hater just happen to stretch me, my funeral line, two miles long, all stretchies."

Icewood was nominated in three categories in this S
aturday's third annual Detroit Hip Hop awards, including album of the year.

This month, Icewood had planned to release his third CD, titled "Blood, Sweat and Tears." Part of it was going to deal with the September shooting, said Nicole Shakoor, a manager at Platinum Records in Detroit.

In September, gunmen forced their way into an Oak Park apartment and opened fire. Icewood was critically hurt with multiple wounds. Oak Park police Sgt. Mike Pinkerton said Wednesday that no one was ever arrested for that shooting and said Icewood had refused to help investigators.

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/michigan/in...st=newsmichigan

[Icewood was nominated in three categories in this Saturday's third annual Detroit Hip Hop awards, including album of the year.]

This just shows how depraved the music industry has become.

At least the groid proved to be prophetic.

Next! The k*ke entertain industry needs more cannon fodder.

Back