Sebastian Telfair’s sister pleads guilty to threatening his estranged wife

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004
https://nypost.com/2021/03/12/sebastian-telfairs-sister-pleads-guilty-to-threatening-his-ex/

Sebastian Telfair’s sister pleads guilty to threatening his estranged wife
By Rebecca Rosenberg
March 12, 2021 | 2:56pm | Updated

octavia-telfair-file-2.jpg

Octavia Telfair plead guilty to one count of transmitting an interstate threat to injure a person by phone. William Miller

The sister of ex-NBA star Sebastian Telfair, who is in prison for weapons possession, pleaded guilty Friday in Brooklyn federal court to threatening the life of the former hoopster’s estranged wife and her kids.

Octavia Telfair, 34, copped to one count of transmitting an interstate threat to injure a person by phone for about 50 menacing calls placed April 24, 2019, to Samantha Telfair, who was in California at the time.

“It was an argument with my sister-in-law,” she told US District Judge I. Leo Glasser during the virtual hearing. “I plead guilty.” She’s due back in court July 1 for sentencing when she faces a recommended guideline of 10 to 16 months behind bars.

The barrage of calls started coming in on the same day that Sebastian Telfair, 35, was found guilty in Brooklyn Supreme Court of weapons possession — after his wife testified that she had seen him with multiple guns.

Following the verdict that landed the former Portland Trailblazer behind bars for three and a half years, Telfair screamed at her sister-in-law that she was going to have “a rearranged face” and “die.”

In a later call, the enraged sister barked into the receiver, “F–k your kids, bitch. They can die too. Die, kids, die.”

Two days after the FBI nabbed Octavia Telfair, the NYPD slapped her in cuffs again for allegedly violating a restraining order by banging and kicking the front door of a 44-year-old man’s Flatbush apartment.

Telfair has been arrested at least nine other times since 2006. Samantha Telfair filed for divorce in July 2019 and asked for sole legal custody of the couple’s two kids, according to the Blast.

Back