"The Perversion Of Feminism"

Whitebear

Publisher/Editor-in-chief

"The Perversion Of Feminism"

By Cathryn Crawford

Can feminism truly be pro-life? It's a tough question, and one that not too many people are eager to discuss. A few weeks back I wrote an article about the pro-life movement, and in it I raised the point that not all prolifers are conservative Christian Republicans, as is so often the stereotype.

I stated that there were many different groups involved in the fight against abortion, including feminists. I was challenged by several different people, however, who simply could not fathom the mainstream feminist movement as having any factions that wou
d classify themselves as pro-life. My question to them was ' why not?

What is, in fact, the basic tenet of feminism? According to most feminist organizations, it is to protect women from all forms o
f bodily harm and to promote their equality with men. Ye
t so often, due to the outrageous and sometimes downright silly behavior of organizations such as NOW, feminism is boiled down to building up women while at the same time tearing down the institutions of family, children, and men. Motherhood is seen as a trial and a roadblock to financial success ' thus the heavy emphasis placed on reproductive rights. Men are seen as the great Satan, as though the one thing holding back every woman is a man. After all, men get women pregnant, and children are, of course, the other major factor in the inequality of women. Children are messy, complicated, and involved ' the exact things that feminists are so dead-set against.

(more at link

Back