Tyrone is HOT and I mean HOT!

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

Local man beaten, doused with gasoline and set afire in street

The smell of gasoline hung in the air as Shreveport police photographed the burned remains of clothing left behind by a 34-year-old Shreveport man who was beaten then set afire on a local street late Tuesday night.

Tyrone Chambers, whom authorities said lives in the area of Hollywood Avenue, was taken to LSU Hospital in Shreveport for treatment of life-threatening burns over 70 percent to 80 percent of his body, Shreveport police detective Patrick McConnell said.

A group of men jumped Chambers in the 1100 block of Andrew Avenue about 10 p.m. and began beating him severely with bricks and sticks, police said.

At some point, one of the attackers got a five-gallon, red

plastic gasoline can, doused Chambers with the f
uel and set him afire, police said.

Puddles of gasoline could be seen smeared nearly the width of the street after the incident. And the can, propped against a nearby curb, had about a half-inch of gasoline in it.

"In the nine years I've worked down here, I've never seen anything like this. Nothing this deliberate," police Cpl. J.M. Sharpley said.

The nylon clothes Chambers shed littered the deserted street. leaving a charred path marking where he ran until he went into shock and collapsed. Police said someone in the neighborhood put out the fire before firefighters arrived.

No arrests had been made as of early this morning.

Tyrone really, really, really, pissed somebody off dis time!

T.N.B.

Family of Burn Victim Says it's Praying for Attackers

Concerned, but religious parents Calvin and Mary Choyce look at a picture of their son, Tyrone Chambers, who they say no longer resembles the man in the picture. A group of men attacked Chambers Tuesday night, then set him on fire, burning 80 percent of his body. Mary Choyce says, "he's just wrapped up like a mummy and he's unrecognizable, and if I didn't know he was my child, I wouldn't recognize him."

The Choyces got the call about Tyrone's ordeal late Tuesday night. Mary says, "well, I was devastated at first, and then I said Lord, he's in your hands." These parents do not understand why Tyrone was attacked, saying he once had a drug problem, but he
r
joined a church, and began to turn his life around.
Step-father Calvin says, "it
was doing some good because the conviction was upon him, and he came to me and said if I had done him any wrong, please forgive me." Mary says, "talking about God and going to church, and putting those things behind him, you know, putting the past behind him."

The Choyces do not hold any ill will against Tyrone's attackers. Calvin says, "we've been praying day and night since this happened, that God would touch their hearts to turn themselves in." Mary says, "I'm asking God to let His will be done, I have no bitterness." Calvin adds, "well, as soon as God says its time, they're going to get caught. Every one of them." Meanwhile they'll pray for their ailing son, and his attackers. LSU hospital doctors tell Mary and Calvin Choyce that Tyrone will undergo five to 10 skin graft operations, and months of rehabilitation.

These parents do not understand why Tyrone was attacked, saying he once had a drug problem, but he joined a church, and began to
turn his life around.

How many times have we heard this before?

In the video Man Beaten, Then Set On Fire the police call it a hate crime, but the whole scene was filmed in what appears to be niggertown. Somehow, I doubt the perps are white.

T.N.B.

Shreveport Police Hope Crime Stopper Tips Crack Case

They say they've had numerous calls to Crime Stoppers, and each call brings them closer to putting the puzzle together. We revisited Andrew Street and tried to talk to people who told us they had only heard, or heard about the Tuesday night incident on their block. A group of men beat-up 34 year-old Tyrone Chambers Tuesday night, and then set him on fire. One gentleman we spoke with says he was watching television, and did not hear the commotion.

Shreveport Police Sergeant Jim Taliaferro says in this case, people in the neighborhood fear retaliation. Taliaferro says, "and a lot of times that has a heavy burden on somebody, they have to live in the neighborhood, they don't wanted to be retaliated against."

Taliaferro hopes the vision of a peaceful neighbor
hood trumps that fear saying, "we have to rely on that information in the neighborhood factual information to put the puzzle together." And Taliaferro believes most people won't talk to police until the dust settles.

Centenary College Sociology Chair Loren Demerath says along with fear, the witnesses experienced the "Bystander Effect" Tuesday night. Demerath says, "when you're seeing something other people are seeing and they're not reacting, you're less likely to react." Demerath believes people may now fear the public will judge them for not helping Chambers, but says they could redeem themselves by helping police. He says, "if the police could give them some assurance their names wouldn't be used, their identities withheld, they might be more likely to come forward."

Taliaferro says that outlet is an anonymous call to the police departments Crime Stoppers hot line.
Tali
aferro says, "that's their neighborhood, and the only way to get their neighborhood back is to be involved,
to not tolerate this kind of criminal behavior."

The Crime Stoppers number is 318-673-7373. Sergeant Taliaferro says each bit of information, big or small, is a piece of the puzzle, and once detectives put together the big picture, they can find the men who attacked Tyrone Chambers. Chambers remains in ICU in critical condition at LSU Hospital with burns to 80 percent of his body.

â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�šÃ”š  â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�šÃ”š  Shreveport Police Sergeant Jim Taliaferro says in this case, people in the neighborhood fear retaliation. Taliaferro says, "and a lot of times that has a heavy burden on somebody, they have to live in the neighborhood, they don't wanted to be reta
liated a
gainst." Taliaferro hopes the vision of a peaceful neighborhood trumps that fear saying, "we have to rely on that information in the neighborhood factual information to put the puzzle together." And Taliaferro believes most people won't talk to police until the dust settles.

REPEAL THE F
AIR HOUSING ACT OF 1965!

T.N.B.

One Arrested; Two Sought in Beating, Burning of Shreveport Man

A 34-year-old man who was beaten with bricks and sticks, then doused in gasoline and set afire has recovered enough to tell police who allegedly did it. Police were holding Angel Smith, 19, in lieu of $250,000 bond in the attack on Tyrone Chambers, and had warrants for two other men, Detective Rod Johnson said. The men still being sought are Dwayne Mosley, 21, and Darrell R. Hollingsworth, 26, both of Shreveport.

Chambers, burned over more than 70 percent of his body, had been unresponsive for weeks after the attack Jan. 25, and witnesses wouldn't talk, Johnson said. After Chambers spoke with police late last week, they were able to get warrants accusing Smith and the others of attempted second-degre

e murder, Johnson said. Police arreste
d Smith late Wednesday. Chambers remained in fair condition in LSU Hospital in Shreveport, a hospital spokeswoman said.

Wake up America and smell the nigger.

T.N.B.

[The men still being sought are Dwayne Mosley, 21, and Darrell R. Hollingsworth, 26, both of Shreveport.]

Yassuh, dey sho sounds like White men.

Tyrone SPEAKS!

Man set on fire says he was attacked for putting bad gas in car

-----------------

Shreveport police said today they believe a man who was beaten and then set on fire was attacked after he put bad gasoline in a man's car.

One person has been arrested and two others are being sought in connection with the attack on Tyrone Chambers, who was beaten with bricks and sticks and then set on fire on Andrews Street. Police have received tips and Chambers has recovered enough to help identify his attackers, detectives said.

Hmm.. "beaten with bricks and sticks".. I like that! :)

Police believe Chambers, 34, owed another man some gas and had poured a gas-and-oil mixture into the car. Chambers indicated he would siphon the gas out but the situation deteriorated, Detecti
ve Rod Johnson said.

"One, and then another, beat him -- and then it became a fury," Johnson said. "It grew into this mass beating."

I'm completely baffled as to how this could happen! :tongue:

Police believed several people beat Chambers, one poured gas on him and one said to ignite it. They said they do not know if the attackers were high or on drugs.

Detectives have arrested Angel Smith, 19, on attempted second-degree murder charges. He was jailed
today under &
#036;250,000 bond.

Arrest warrants have been issued for Dwayne Mosley, 21, and Darrell Hollingsworth, 26, both of Shreveport.

Back