3yo white girl killed by Mohammed Hussain

-88-

Registered

lb0nl.jpg

Levi Bleasdale

A BURNLEY man is to appear in court this morning charged with offences relating to the death of tragic tot Levi Bleasdale (pictured) in an accident in Ormerod Road last September.

Meanwhile, the distraught family of little Levi, who would have celebrated her fourth birthday next week, are compiling a petition to demand justice for the little girl.

Scores of the three-year-old's family and friends had originally planned to attend Burnley Magistrates' Court this morning.
But Levi's grandfather, Mr Mick Ryan, said they will now be making a peaceful protest by getting a petition together to present to the Crown Prosecution Service.
On
r
Monday, police charged Mohammed Hussain, of Thurston Street, Burnley, with driving without due care and attention
, failing to stop after an accident, driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence, having no insurance and handling stolen goods.

Bubbly blonde-haired Levi, lived with her 21-year-old mother Kirsty Ryan and baby sister Brogan, in Padiham.

http://www.burnleytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2...ticleID=1313579

Oh Mr Kitty how many more of these angels have to die before more whites wake up. I pray to God/ YHVH that not many more have to .

Originally posted by cltncblondeeagle@Jan 13 2006, 04:38 AM
Oh Mr Kitty how many more of these angels have to die before more whites wake up. I pray to God/ YHVH that not many more have to .
Birdie, the masses won't hear about this, because the mainstream media cover-up crimes like this. The BBC and national newspapers won't report this. But if there's a white-against-black crime it's major national news.

Family Launches Sentence Appeal

THE heartbroken family of tragic hit-and-run toddler Levi Bleasdale say they are planning to appeal against the 12-week jail sentence handed down to the driver of the car that killed her.

Mohammed Aqueel Hussain (26), of Thurston Street, was sentenced at Burnley Magistrates' Court on Friday after he admitted failing to stop at the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident. He was driving a stolen VW Golf with no licence or insurance. He also admitted careless driving, an offence which does not carry a prison sentence.

Three-year-old Levi was struck as she crossed Ormerod Road with her mum, Miss Kirsty Ryan, and five-mo
nth-old sister Brogan on Friday, September 9th, last year. She died in the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Pendlebury, where her life support mach
ine was switched off.

It was calculated that Hussain had been travelling between 39 and 48 m.p.h. in the 30 m.p.h. zone.
Angry grandad Mr Michael Ryan, of Clifton Street, Burnley, said he will do all he can to ensure justice is done. "We are all devastated, I think the sentence is appalling. It's just unbelievable, even a thief gets longer than that," he stormed. "There must be something I can do about this, and will be taking advice. I want to go about it in the correct way. It's time that justice was done. It's like it's happening all over again. We were hoping we could put this all to rest, but we cannot now."

Mr Stephen Parker (prosecuting) told magistrates that Hussain, who had only a provisional licence and had never taken a test, sped away from the accident scene and stayed in a hotel be
fore contacting his solicitor and handing himself in to the police.

Witnesses said the car was being driven "at speed", "erratically" and was "swerving across the road".
In his police interview, Hussain
said he had not stopped because he panicked. He added that he would have stopped if it had been an adult rather than a child involved.

Miss Rachel Adamson (defending) said Hussain was desperate to show his remorse and did his best to avoid hitting Levi. She added: "This is probably one of the most tragic cases that can come before a court, the death of a child. Nothing I can say on this defendant's behalf can make up to the family of this child.
"He accepts that what he did was inexcusable. He clearly states that he will never be able to forgive himself and that he prays for the child and her family every day. "He knows this will be with him for the rest of his life."

Hussain also pleaded guilty to a charge of hand
ling stolen goods and was sentenced to four weeks in prison to run concurrently with his 12-week sentence for failing to stop and failing to report an accident. He was given no separate penalty for the other charges and was banned from driving for five years.

But step-grandmother Mrs R
oseanne Ryan said Hussain's apology means nothing. "I hope he sees her in his sleep," she said. "She grew up so fast and was just taken from us in seconds. "They might as well as put me in the coffin with her, I'm heartbroken."

levi16zg.jpg

levi0rv.jpg

Levi Bleasdale

JUST 12 WEEKS JAIL FOR TAKING HER LIFE

He'd never taken a driving test and had no insurance. He killed a 3-year-old girl while speeding and didn't even bother to stop. But he was jailed for JUST 12 WEEKS

THE family of hit-and-run toddler Levi Bleasdale last night branded the law an "absolute disgrace" after the speeding driver who killed her was jailed for just 12 weeks.

Mum Kirsty was crossing the road with three-year-old Levi when uninsured Moha
mmed Aqueel Hussain ploughed into her in a stolen VW Golf. She said: "This is a nightmare.

"This sentence is nothing. He has taken my daughter's life. I'll s
erve a life sentence but he'll be scot-free in weeks."

Levi's grandfather Michael Ryan added: "We are all absolutely appalled. A few months ago someone who stole a teddy from a memorial site for Levi was sentenced to eight months in jail.

"Yet the person who killed her has only got three. It's a disgrace. You'd get more for shoplifting."

Hussain, 26, who has never taken a driving test, admitted careless driving and failing to stop after an accident or report it.

Magistrates could have jailed him for a maximum of six months - but opted for a 12- week term after hearing there was conflicting evidence over whether his driving had been erratic. But Michael insisted the family did NOT blame the magistrates and said the chairman of the bench was clearly
upset that his hands were tied over sentencing.

Michael, 45, added: "He apologised for not being able to impose a harsher sentence. The only way of stopping this happening again is if the law is changed."

Currently offenders can only be fined
for careless driving, even if they kill.

Proposed new laws will allow courts to jail motorists convicted of causing death by careless driving for up to five years. The measures, part of the Road Safety Bill, will also create a new offence of causing death when driving while unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured. It will carry a maximum two-year term.

Hussain is estimated to have been doing up to 48 mph in a 30mph zone when he hit Levi in Burnley. He sped away from the accident scene and hid out in a hotel.

Hussain, who had only a provisional licence, later told police he fled because he panicked. Levi, whose five-month-old sister Brogan was also crossing the road when the car struck, suffered multiple injur
ies.

Rachel Adamson, defending, said Hussain was filled with remorse. She added: "He will never forgive himself and prays for the child every day."

But after the hearing, Kirsty, 22, said Hussain's apology meant nothing.

"Because of him Brogan is never going to know her sister. I don't
want his prayers or apologies. I want him to pay for what he has done."

Road safety charity Brake said the 12-week sentence was a travesty of justice.

Chief executive Mary Williams said: "There can be no more despicable crime than to leave a child dying in the road. And yet we get these utterly insulting and meaningless penalties."

Hussain could only have been given a maximum of six months in prison on the failing to stop or report an accident charges because that is the limit imposed at a magistrates court.

If the Criminal Prosecution Service had been able to charge him with dangerous driving he would have faced a
crown court and up to 14 years in jail.

Hussain also admitted an unrelated charge of handling stolen goods. He was sentenced to four weeks jail.

12 weeks for hit-and-run vehicular manslaughter by an unlicensed, uninsured motorist? Europeans really ARE the most tolerant of all people!

Where is the Mirror's picture of this crud-encrusted, filthy Arab smuggler's face?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brewski @ Feb 22 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]70936[/snapback]</div>
12 weeks for hit-and-run vehicular manslaughter by an unlicensed, uninsured motorist? Europeans really ARE the most tolerant of all people!

Where is the Mirror's picture of this crud-encrusted, filthy Arab smuggler's face?
[/b]

It's in the print edition of the Mirror - his eyes hidden by a baseball cap.

Family fury at driver's sentence

In addition to the driving offences, Hussain admitted handling stolen goods when he appear
ed at Burnley Magistrates' Court on Friday. It emerged he was out of prison on parole after being convicted of wounding in 2001. [/b]

SECOND VICTIM OF THE HIT-RUN KILLER
Levi's grandad dies of shock

THE grandfather of toddler Levi Bleasdale collapsed and died after her hit-and-run killer was jailed for just 12 weeks.

Alan Bleasdale, 45, had a heart attack on the day Mohammed Hussain, 26, admitted leaving three-year-old Levi to die in the road.

Alan's family believe the shock of the lenient jail term might have killed him.

They were yesterday arranging his funeral as they vowed to fight for an increase in Hussain's sentence.

Levi's other grandad Michael Ryan, also 45, said: "Alan died on the day Hussain was sentenced and it's like raking over old
ground again.

"He wasn't in court for the sentencing but the shock of what happened may have kil
led him. He had not been in poor health at all.

"Now we've got to go through the whole grieving process again." He added: "All the family want is for Levi to rest and for justice to be done.

"We have started a petition to the Crown Prosecution Service to try to get some justice."

Hussain, 26, was driving a stolen VW Golf when he hit Levi as she crossed the road in Burnley, Lancs, with mum Kirsty, 22, and five-month-old sister Brogan.

But as Kirsty stood screaming for help Hussain, who had only a provisional licence and had not had a lesson for 10 years, sped off.

He dumped the car and hid in a hotel before surrendering to police.

He was already on parole from a five-year sentence for wounding.

At Burnley magistrates court last week he admitted failing to stop and report an accident,
careless driving and handling stolen goods. Michael said: "He should have been given more than he got.

"It is about getting justice for what has been done.

"I want justice - a bigger sentence
where he is affected by the time. Three months is nothing.

"The law should be changed in this area.

"If someone dies from being run over they should impose a harsher sentence.

He probably won't even serve that and then he's out on the streets to do it again to some one else.

"I am tempted to take things into our own hands but I am going to trust the legal people to deal with it if they can help us."

Kirsty said: "That man has wrecked my life. I am on tablets every day.

I don't go out of the house. I am having panic attacks.

"I have lost the motivation to deal with life. I just don't know how to cope any more.

"It is pathetic the sentence
he has been given."

The family are also planning a charity night to raise money for Burnley General Hospital, where Levi was taken.

Mr Ryan said "We've already raised nearly Ô�Å¡£1,000 just from street collections and we intend to keep on going."

Burnley family's life sentence
BNP's East Lancashire correspondent reports

The life of a three year old girl is worth just 12 weeks imprisonment according to the judge who sentenced the man who took her life.

Little Levi Bleasdale was hit by a stolen VW Golf as she crossed a road with her mother in Burnley in Lancashire on 10 September, last year.

The driver, 26 year old Mohammed Hussain was earlier this week sentenced to just 12 weeks imprisonment, yet at the time of the car accident he was out of prison on parole after being convicted of wounding in 2001.

Levi was holding her mother's hand while crossing Ormerod Road when she was struck by the Golf. She was t
aken to Burnley Hospital and transferred to Royal Manchester Children's Hospital in Pendlebury, where she died after her life-support machine was switched off.

The ca
r was found on Thurston Street - where Hussain lived - and he handed himself in five days later.

Charges

He was sentenced to four weeks for handling stolen goods and 12 weeks each for the fail to stop and fail to report charges, to run concurrently. He was also banned from driving for five years. At the time of the incident Hussian had no insurance or driving licence!

Careless driving is an offence which does not carry a jail sentence. Mary Williams OBE, chief executive of Brake, the national road safety charity, said she was "appalled" by the sentence.

"The sentence does not even begin to reflect the devastation he has caused the Bleasdale family.

"Mohammed Hussain will be on the streets in only a few months, while they have been given a life sente
nce.

BLAIR FURY AT HIT-RUN

TONY Blair yesterday slammed soft magistrates after a hit-and-run driver was given just 12 weeks for killing a three-year-old.

Mohammed Aqueel Hussain, who had not taken a driving test and was in a stolen car, hit little Levi Bleasdale as she crossed with her mum.

The sentence sparked outrage on Monday - and Mr Blair said penalties had to "fit the crime".

He added: "Sentencing guidelines should allow courts to express real public concern over crimes such as this."

Proposed new laws will allow courts to jail killer drivers for five years.

--
Maximum sentences are never imposed, and even if sentenced to "five years"
they'd only serve two and a half years at most.

Death driver has wrecked my life

THE traumatised mum of tragic hit-and-run toddler Levi Bleasdale has told the nation how the driver of the car that killed her daughter has wrecked her life, adding "he should get done for manslaughter".
Talking on GMTV yesterday morning, Miss Kirsty Ryan fought to hold back the tears as she said: "I will never see her grow up."

Burnley MP Mrs Kitty Ussher has revealed that she is backing a new Road Safety Bill in Parliament that could see much harsher punishments dished out for causing death by careless driving, or while uninsured, disqualified or with no licence. She has already written to the Home Office and the Home S
ecretary, Charles Clarke MP, to argue the case.

Supt Mark Gilmore, of Burnley police, added his support, saying: "We would welcome any new moves, which would help
to reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on our roads."
Three-year-old Levi died in hospital after being hit while crossing Ormerod Road with her mum and baby sister, Brogan, in September last year.

The driver of the car, Mohammed Aqueel Hussain (26), fled the scene, but later gave himself up to police. He was driving a stolen VW Golf with no licence or insurance.
Shockwaves went throughout the community as Hussain was handed a 12-week jail sentence and a five-year driving ban last week for failing to stop at the scene of an accident, failing to report an accident and handling stolen goods.

He admitted careless driving ' an offence that does not carry a prison term at the moment.
Miss Ryan said: "He has wrecked my life enough, I'm not going to let him wreck my life
anymore.
"I've been through hell and back and, like I said, I've got to be strong for my other daughter. I do want justice, at the end of the day, a life for a life.

"He should get done for manslaughter beca
use he has taken my daughter's life.
"I'm never going to see her grow older, I'm never going to have those happy times with her like I used to."
Levi's step-grandmother, Mrs Rose Ryan, also appeared on the show and re-affirmed her determination to appeal against the sentence. She added that Kirsty is battling to hold it together.
"She is putting an act on," she said. "It has been awful. We do want justice and I hope we do get it.
"We are going to go higher, we are not going to let him get away with it.
"I am going to fight this as long as I am still on this earth."

Disgusted residents in Burnley have hit out at the jail term given to Hussain and the family has received condolences
from a number of Express readers.

Mrs Ussher added: "I'm sure everyone is appalled by the leniency of this sentence. Levi's death was a tragedy that shocked the whole town and our thoughts and prayers remain with all her family."
If the new Road Safety Bill gets backing in Parliament, a new offence of causing d
eath by careless driving, with a penalty of up to five years' imprisonment, and causing death when driving while unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured, with a penalty of up to two years' imprisonment, will become law.

LEGAL INSANITY OF KIRSTY'S HELL

SEETHING with anger is an understatement for the way I felt this week after meeting a young mum who told me she's "in pieces" following the death of her daughter in a hit and run.

Kirsty Ryan was crossing the road with her daughters, three-year-old Levi Bleasdale and baby Brogan, when a car struck the toddler, causing multiple injuries to her tiny body.

Kirsty sat by the road with the dying tot in her arms, an image she said would stay with her for ever.

Our archaic, and ulti mately unenforcible traffic laws, have allowed the driver to escape punishment. He was in a stolen car, without a licence or insurance.

Mohammed Aqueel Huss
ain, 26, has been jailed for just 12 weeks for robbing Kirsty of her precious daughter.

nDespite the fact he'd never learned to drive and he sped from the scene, the law states he could only be prosecuted driving without a licence or insurance, and leaving the scene of, and failing to report, an accident.

An investigation found he did not drive dangerously, and so could not be charged with death by dangerous driving, which has a maximum penalty of 14 years.

What? If taking the wheel of a stolen car without having learnt to drive and without insurance is not dangerous, then what the hell is? Oh, and he was doing around 39-45mph in a 30mph zone. Is that not dangerous now?

Hussain's lawyer said: "Mohammed deserved credit for pleading guilty." I beg your pardon? If that's the case then he also deserves to be tarred and feathered for fleeing the scene knowing he'd left a toddler's limp body lying in the road.

"The last th
ing she said before the car hit her," Kirsty told me, "was how much she was looking forward to starting school. That's never going to happen now."

How the
hell Kirsty's coping I can't imagine. I only know if my three-year-old had died in the same way, most of me would have died with him. Kirsty, from Burnley, Lancs, said: "The baby's the only thing keeping me going." While speaking to me she was almost without emotion, as though if she gave in to her feelings she would lose control.

She, like most right-minded people, thinks Hussein should have been charged with manslaughter.

She plans to challenge the 12-week sentence which, by anyone's judgment except the law's, has trashed the life of a tiny, innocent girl and made it count for nothing at all.

Levi's Grandad Fights For Changes To The Law

THE heartbroken grandad of little Levi Bleasdale has sworn to fight to get tough new laws slapped on hit-and-run drivers.

Mr Michael Ryan met Burnley MP Mrs Kitty Ussher yesterday to discuss how they can help to push through the new Road Safety Bill as soon as possible in memory of Levi, who died after being knocked over last September. He is also backing an on-line petition where people will soon be able to register their votes, too. Should it become law, those caught causing death by careless driving can be jailed for up to five years, while causing death while driving without a licence, disqualified or uninsured, will carry up to two years behind bars.

"If anyone thought we were going to take this l
ying down, they were very wrong," he said. "I will not rest until th
e law has been changed. There is no chance we are just going to let this go, we can't. The sooner these laws come in, the better. People will know you cannot get away with it and it may help to save lives."
The 12-week jail term handed to 26-year-old driver Mohammed Aqueel Hussain sparked outrage nationwide and was a talking point on national television and radio. He was sentenced for failing to stop at the scene of an accident, failing to report an accident and handling stolen goods. He admitted careless driving ' an offence that does not currently carry a jail term.

Mr Ryan says the family is still struggling to come to terms with what happened. "We are having to try to cope with it, but it is not easy," he said. "I still cannot believe what he was given, it is the lightest sentence I have ever heard about in my life.

"Levi's mum Kirsty is coping, but she has to because o
f her other daughter, Brogan."
Mr Ryan again thanked the Burnley public following another charity event to raise money fo
r Burnley General Hospital. Friends, family and supporters packed Daneshouse Workingmen's Club on Sunday night to delve into their pockets for the cause. "The people of this town have been fantastic," he said. "We managed to raise about Ô�Å¡£250 on Sunday thanks to raffles and tombolas, that kind of thing, along with some fantastic acts."

The family is holding what could be the final fund-raiser at the club on Saturday where it is hoped signed pictures of sporting legends will generate a substantial amount of money. It is already a sell-out.
More messages of support for Levi's family have been flooding into the Express, too. For Mrs Nancy Kimble the accident brought back awful memories of when her own daughter narrowly escaped with her life following a hit-and-run.

Mrs Kimble, of Rossetti Avenue, said: "My seven-year-old girl
was knocked down in May last year quite near our home and the car just drove off, leaving her lying in the middle of the road. The driver gave himself up later that evening and
it was discovered he had no licence, insurance or MOT and all he got was a driving ban. My little girl suffered face injuries and is still recovering from them. The law needs to be changed."

Three-year-old Levi died in hospital after being hit while crossing Ormerod Road last September with her mum and baby sister. Hussain fled the scene but later gave himself up to police. He was driving a stolen VW Golf without a licence or insurance.

MP Backing Fight For Levi Justice

BURNLEY MP Mrs Kitty Ussher has continued to press the case for justice for tragic hit-and-run victim Levi Bleasdale in the heart of government.

This week she spoke out on the Road Safety Bill and pressed Transport Secretary Alistair Darling to support amendments were made to put in place tougher jail sentences for those who cause death by careless driving.

And she has also backed changes in the law which would create a new offence of causing death when driving while unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured, with a penalty of up to two years' imprisonment.

Mrs Ussher shared public outrage at the 12-week sentence handed down to local man Mohammed Aqueel Hussain (26), who was behind the wheel of a stolen VW Golf ' with n
o insurance or licence ' which hit three-year-old Levi in Ormerod R
oad, last September. She died days later in hospital while Hussain was in hiding from the police. Welcoming proposed changes to the Road Safety Bill, Mrs Ussher hoped they would come as a "reassurance" to Levi's friends and family, who have been campaigning for a change in the law, and all those affected by her death.

She blasted Opposition attempts to "water down" the changes and was assured by Mr Darling that "killing with a car is no different to killing in any other way".

He added that he was aware that many people do not currently think justice is being done in cases like this.
Mrs Ussher, who has pledged her support to the devastated family of Levi, has also brought the case to the attention of Home Secretary Charles Clarke.

Back