Airport employee leaps over counter, fights managers and swings chair after she’s fired: ‘Gibs me my stuff!

The Bobster

Senior News Editor since 2004

Airport employee leaps over counter, fights managers and swings chair after she’s fired: ‘Give me my stuff!’​

By
Social Links for Nicholas McEntyre

Published Jan. 17, 2024

Updated Jan. 17, 2024, 6:54 a.m. ET

Caffeine-fueled rage!
A fired Atlanta Airport coffee shop employee was caught on video attacking two of her former managers, picking up a chair and screaming at them as she stormed off before police showed up during a viral moment over the weekend.
Shacoria Elly, a former barista at Harvest & Grounds inside Concourse D at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, had gotten angry during an argument she had with a co-worker about espresso shots shortly before noon Jan. 13, according to a police report obtained by Fox 5 Atlanta.
As the video begins, Elly could be heard screaming for her stuff to be returned while some of the store’s items, including a fruit cup, are spilled on the floor.
“Give me my stuff!” she yells.
One of the store’s managers, wearing a red polo shirt, pushes her away from the counter, according to a video shared with the X account Clown World.
The irate woman tries for a second time to get behind the counter but is again blocked by the two managers before she starts flailing her arms at the second, much taller man, as two other workers stand behind the counter.

“Bitch!” Elly screams as she swiftly grabs a nearby stool.
While one man takes the seat away, Elly attacks the first manager, who again stops her from getting behind the counter, before slamming her to the floor.
Elly is held from behind while still shouting for her “stuff” during the scuffle.

Shacoria Elly fights one of the managers of Harvest & Grounds inside Concourse D at Hartfield-Jackson International Airport on Jan. 13, 2024. 6
Shacoria Elly fights one of the managers of Harvest & Grounds inside Concourse D at Hartfield-Jackson International Airport on Jan. 13, 2024. X
Elly slaps one of the managers, who absorbed the hit before blocking the woman from getting behind the counter. 6
Elly slaps one of the managers, who absorbed the hit before blocking the woman from getting behind the counter. X
The distressed worker slaps the taller manager, who absorbs the hit and calmly steps in between Elly and the counter.

Elly walks away from the incident before changing her mind and sprinting back into the shop and hurdling over the counter to retrieve her items.

Her plan backfires as she is quickly wrapped up by one of the managers again, but her arms are still free, allowing her to grab a metal pan and attempt to hit the man on the head.

She misses and instead hits his back, creating a big bang.

As she went for another attempt to get behind the counter, Elly was slammed to the ground by one of the managers. 6
As she went for another attempt to get behind the counter, Elly was slammed to the floor by one of the managers. X
The taller of the two managers smoothly removed a chair from Elly's hands before she could use it during the brawl. 6
The taller of the two managers smoothly removed a stool from Elly’s hands before she could use it during the brawl. X
As the two managers struggle to get Elly out from behind the counter, the one in the red shirt yells to the crowd forming in the concourse and asks if someone is calling the police.

Elly is finally released as she runs out from behind the counter with her “stuff,” which appears to be a jacket and her bag.

As she attempts to run from the store, she trips and falls to the floor.

Elly hurdled herself over the counter in yet another attempt to get to her belongings. 6
Elly hurdled over the counter in yet another attempt to get her belongings. X
Elly storms out of the store with her jacket and bag before the Atlanta police or airport security arrived on Jan. 13, 2024. 6
Elly stormed out of the store with her jacket and bag before the Atlanta police or airport security arrived on Jan. 13, 2024. X
Elly recovered herself and ran out before airport security or Atlanta police arrived.

What do you think? Post a comment.

According to the police report, Elly had been “terminated from her position” and already had her airport badge confiscated by security.

Police have not charged the disgruntled employee with any crimes, according to WAGA-TV.

Shacoria Elly fights one of the managers of Harvest & Grounds inside Concourse D at Hartfield-Jackson International Airport on Jan. 13, 2024.

Back