All in the Black Family: Coronavirus mask dispute in Michigan triggers deadly shooting at store

Arheel's Uncle

Senior Reporter
Coronavirus mask dispute in Michigan triggers deadly shooting at discount store; 3 charged
attachment.php

A security guard at a Michigan discount variety store was shot dead after telling a woman she needed to wear a coronavirus in the store, a prosecutor said Monday. Calvin “Duper” Munerlyn, 43, a father of nine children, was working at the Family Dollar in Flint when he was killed last Friday afternoon, according to investigators.

Ramonyea Bishop, 23, Sharmel Teague, 45, and her husband, Larry Teague, 44, have been charged in connection with the shooting, Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton told a news conference. Bishop, the suspected gunman, is Sharmel Teague’s son. Sharmel Teague was in custody; her husband and son were being sought.

The shooting unfolded days after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer amended a stay-at-home order by requiring everyone to wear face coverings in enclosed public spaces.

Leyton said an argument broke out when Munerlyn told Sharmel Teague she needed to wear a mask in the store.

Attachments

• Capture 5-4-2020.JPG
    Capture 5-4-2020.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 7
Calvin Munerlyn, Flint Family Dollar store [black] security guard shot dead over face mask dispute with customer. Husband and father remembered.
Police declined to release a motive, while social media indicated Munerlyn was gunned down after confronting a customer for violating store policy by not wearing a mask, and turning the individual away.

Noted a post: ‘…asked a woman to put on a mask before she could come in. She spit in his face, then came back later with her dad and :tantrum::guns: shot the security guard in the head near doorway of the store before running.’

Victim’s family seek justice: [welfare soon]

Relatives of Munerlyn expressed anguish over the man’s shooting death.

‘I’m just suffocating, I feel like a knife is in my chest,’ his wife of ten years, Latryna Sims Munerlyn, told WSMH.

‘He always done security, he’s done security in night clubs in the worst of the worst nightclubs and nobody still ever just thought to do my baby like that (sobs),’ Latryna stated.

Adding, ‘This just can’t be real..my babies need their daddy.’

The couple had six children together.

GOFUNDME Donations for Duper

$45,831 raised of $10,000 goal

:niglet: :niglet: :niglet: :niglet: :niglet: :niglet: :niglet: :niglet: :niglet: without a father!

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps...
then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved." ― Jesse Jackson.

(black) Woman arraigned in killing of security guard over virus mask - executed with shot to back of head
LarryTeague-and-RamonyeaBishop-and-SharmelTeague.jpg

FLINT, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan woman was formally charged Tuesday in the fatal shooting of a store security guard who refused to allow her daughter inside because she wasn’t wearing a face mask to protect against transmission of the coronavirus.

Sharmel Teague, 45, was arraigned via video Tuesday in district court, according to the Genesee County prosecutor’s office. Teague, her husband, Larry Teague, 44; and her son, Ramonyea Bishop, 23, face first-degree premeditated murder charges in Friday’s killing of Calvin Munerlyn, 43, at a Family Dollar near downtown Flint.
CalvinMunerlyn.jpg

Larry Teague and Bishop have yet to be arrested and were believed to be on the run, prosecutor David Leyton said.
The three defendants also face gun charges. Larry Teague also is charged with violating Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order requiring all customers and employees to wear face coverings inside grocery stores.

Sharmel Teague argued with Munerlyn before leaving the store Friday afternoon, Leyton said Monday. Two men later came to the store, and one of them shot Munerlyn in the back of the head. Witnesses identified Bishop as the man who shot Munerlyn, according to Leyton. No information has been released about the daughter, who has not been charged in the shooting.
Sharmel Teague was denied bond Tuesday and was scheduled for a May 14 probable cause conference.

Donations for Calvin “Duper“ Munerlyn

Back