BRITISH NATION NEWS

Whitebear

Publisher/Editor-in-chief

BRITISH NATION NEWS - 'Breaking the media black out'

=================================================================

25 April 2004

- -----------------------------------------------------------------

Our website can be found at; http://members.odinsrage.com/britnation/

The news archive can be found at; http://www.topica.com/lists/britishnation/read

ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE SENT TO; brit_nation AT yah
o DOT com (Sorry the spam bots forced us to obscure it like this).

BREAK THE MEDIA BLACK OUT!!

By sending thi

s b
lletin to friends, family, and collegues.
By posting this bulletin on message boards, g
uest books, and news groups.

!!!It only takes a few seconds!!!

- --

THE MUSLIM THREAT
- -----------------
- -Football match security operation declared a success amid terror fears

UNITED KINGDOM
- --------------
- -Dead guilty
- -Grey squirrels to be culled to protect native red species
- -J*ws Fail to Ban National Front's Jean-Marie Le Pen from UK
- -ID cards 'cannot stop terrorism'
- -Asylum seekers jailed over fraud scam

THE MUSLIM THREAT
- ----------------
-

Football match security operation declared a success amid terror fears

Scotland on Sunday, 25 April 2004 <a href='http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=465842004' tar
get=
'_b
lank'>http
://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=465842004</a>

POLICE last night declared the massive security operation around the Old Traf
ford stadium a "success" after searching every fan arriving for the Manchester United-Liverpool match yesterday.

The heightened security came in the wake of anti-terror raids last week and fears the game could be targeted for attack.

Assistant Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police Steve Thomas said: "The match between Manchester United and Liverpool went smoothly, with 12 people arrested for public order offences. Some reports of unattended items were received and these were dealt with without incident."

A police source said one of the people arrested was believed to be an undercover journalist. The man was
being questioned on suspicion of a public order offence.

The People newspaper said later that two of its staff had posed as stewards at Old Trafford and gained access to all p
arts of
the grou
nd, including area
s close to managers Alex Ferguson and Gerard Houllier.

The reporters claim to have been taken on as stewards after joining a queue of employees outside the s
tadium and providing false names to a supervisor for security firm Controlled Event Solutions.

They allege that if they were terrorists they would have had no difficulty planting a bomb as they checked tickets, frisked fans and walked close to the pitch.

Mark Thomas, editor of The People, confirmed that none of his reporters had been arrested and said: "Our investigators have proved that security at Old Trafford was a complete joke.

"It is now imperative that lessons are learned and security is tightened up before there is a tragedy. If our investigators could get in so easily then so can terroris
ts."

- --

UNITED KINGDOM
- --------------

Dead guilty

News of the World, 25 April 2004 <a href='http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk
/story_page
s/news/news5
.shtml' target='_blank'
>http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news5.shtml</a>

A RISING star in the Tory party used the vote of a DEAD MAN to help rig his election as a candidate to become an MP, the News o
f the World can reveal.

Crooked Haroon Rashid <http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/guilty_03.jpg> got a student from Pakistan to back him using a party membership card in the name of another man.

The name on the card was Mohammed Bashir - the father of Rashid's mother-in-law.

And he died SEVEN YEARS AGO!

Rashid, who says he is about to become an adviser to Tory leader Michael Howard, also won support from family members who live outside his constituency and are not eligible to vote.

They gave their address as a local curry house. Anothe
r vote was cast in the name of his uncle, who was 5,000 miles away at the time.

"It was like an election back in Pakistan - all this fixing going o
n," said t
he student, whos
e identity we have agreed to prote
ct.

"We all knew Mohammed Bashir was dead and he never had any interest in politics.

"I thought I was just helping Haroon, who is a family friend, to win the election. There were loads of us there putting in dodgy vot
es for him."

Our revelations will shock Michael Howard, who holds law and order as a basic principle of the Tory party.

Yorkshire-born Rashid, who works for British Airways at Heathrow, romped to victory in the selection battle, securing the right to fight to become MP for Bradford West.

Supporters of the 34-year-old - a Tory candidate for Bolton South East in the last general election - included hordes of family and friends.

They joined the party through Central Office in London before the vote in October las
t year.

Local Tory Javed Karim was on the committee that drew up a shortlist of four candidates. They each addressed members before the vote
s were cast.
<b
r>"At the votin
g I was surprised to see all these unfamil
iar faces who were not from Bradford West or even Bradford - even though the only people entitled to vote had to reside in our constituency," said Karim, who is Rashid's cousin.

"Later I discovered that the election had been rigged by Haroon Rashid, wh
o was considered by the executive to be the weakest candidate.

"One of the people who voted was Mohammed Bashir, who was dead. Even my father's vote had been cast, although he was living in Pakistan at the time and has never been a member of the Tory party."

Check

He says a Tory official was alerted, but no thorough investigation took place.

Even a cursory check would have shown that Shakila Idris (Rashid's mother-in-law), Umar Farooq (her nephew), Mrs M Rafiq (he
r aunt) and Mr Fameed Azam, all lived in Leeds but their address was given as 81 Carlisle Road, in Bradford West.

That was the l
ocation of the Clifton
Restaurant where nobody
lived. It is now closed. Others registered include
d Javed Karim's father, Abdul, who lives in Pakistan. He is Rashid's uncle.

On Thursday, the student who voted in the dead man's name met Rashid at his home in Iver, Buckinghamshire.

He told him he was worried about getting caught for using the membership card.

Rashid reassured
him: "There was security there, checking everything. OK, the card you had in your hand wasn't yours, it was spare.

"I thought you took Abdul Karim's card."

The student reminded Rashid that he had voted using Mohammed Bashir's card.

"Who took Karim's card then?" he asked. "My mother-in-law voted, I made relatives of mine members.

"I had 200 members, mate. There are thousands of Bashirs, t
here was another Bashir who couldn't come, and you took that card.

"You came (slang for voted) the wrong way,
you came wrong that's
why you are scared but all
the others who came were proper people. You've got no
thing to worry about."

Challenged about the fact that Uncle Karim had 'voted' even though he wasn't there, Rashid admitted: "No he wasn't here.

"There were two or four cards like this. You were with us, you're a mate, otherwise everyone came with genuine cards.

"My family came from Leeds, with proper cards. Anyone can pay Ô�Å¡£15 a year and become a member."

Boasted

Rashid boasted how he has been invited to meet Michael Howard next week.

"The leader has called me for a meeting. Before the elections they are going to make me his adviser because it's a winnable seat," he said.

But last night he wasn't so cocky. Looking shocked when we confronted him, Rashid at first d
enied even knowing the student, but later admitted they had a meeting last week.

Despite being told the me
eting was secretly videoed, Ra
shid denied that there had been
any talk about the selection process or dodgy cards. "I have
not given no card, the selection process was done democratically," he claimed.

"(The student) came in, had a cup of tea and we had a chit chat. He said he would help any way he can with the election and asked when my office would open up and that was it.

"It's against the data protection act for me to discuss who voted."

At her home in Leeds, mother-in-law Shakila Idris said: "I did vote for Haroon Rashid, my relative. I thou
ght it was all right.

"I used to live in Bradford. I did not think it could be fraud."

Last night Tory co-chairman Liam Fox told the News of the World: "We will of course look very closely at all the evidence and will treat this with the utmost seriousness." <
br>
Our dossier - including secretly videoed evidence - is available to the authorities.

- -
-

Grey squirrels to be
culled to protect native red specie
s

The Sunday Independent, 25 April 2004 http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/environme...sp?story=514989

Naturalists are to set up a network of heavily protected sanctuaries to save Britain's last red squirrels from extinction at the hands of their larger cousins - the grey squirrel.

The measures will include shooting and poisoning thousands of grey squirrels close to the 20 new reserves and are a last-ditch attempt to arrest the plummeting red squirrel population.

Since their introducti
on from North America in the late 1800s, grey squirrels have colonised most of England, Wales and central Scotland, damaging the forests needed by reds and out-competing them for food.

The Government-backed initiative fo
llows warnings earlier this month that the last remaining Cumbrian red squirrels are close
to dying out. They are considered Bri
tain's oldest "pure breed&quot
;, but only 1,000 Cumbrian reds are thought to survive.

Since the 1940s, re
d squirrels have become increasingly rare across England and now number about 160,000, compared to 2.4 million greys. Now officially one of Britain's most threatened mammals, reds are confined to a few conifer forests and woods in Northumberland, Cumbria, and Lancashire, and several islands off the south coast.

Now, the UK Red Squirrel Group, an official committee of conservation experts, has decided to designate 20 forests and woods in northern England as dedicated refuges for red squirrels, including the vast Kielder forest area just s
outh of the Scottish border.

The committee is to ask the Heritage Lottery Fund to pay for the new survival plan - arguing that red squirrels are an essential part of the UK's cultural history.

The ac
tion plan will involve banning the planting of broad-leaved trees loved by grey
s and protecting the conifers loved by re
ds. Each refuge will be surrounded by a buf
fer zone, where grey squirrels will be trapped and poisoned to prevent their spread.
<b
r>The committee is also drafting plans to protect red squirrels on the Isle of Wight and three islands in Poole Harbour in Dorset - the last grey squirrel-free areas of southern England. Local councils will be asked to shoot any grey squirrel which is spotted on sight.

The new initiative, which is being co-ordinated by the Forestry Commission and the Joint Nature Conservation Committee, follows mounting pressure for a more aggressive policy towards grey squirrels.

The British Trust for Ornithology believes that grey squirrels are partly
to blame for a collapse in woodland birds, such as finches, tawny owls and the nuthatch, because they eat their eggs and young, damage young trees and take up valuable food supplies.

Country sports enthu
siasts have appealed for local grey squirrel culls by shooters, and
for landowners to put out bait dosed with th
e lethal anti-coagulant drug Warfarin. Last mon
th's edition of Country Illustrated magazine claimed the grey's spread is one of rural Bri
tain's "single greatest catastrophes".

The article concludes: "Let us all go to war and kill some grey squirrels."

Demands for a national strategy have also come from the European Squirrel Initiative - an umbrella group of landowners and conservationists - which wants ministers to fund research into ways of chemically sterilising greys.

However, the Forestry Commission believes it is too late to eradicate Britain's greys, and argues that refuges for reds are more realistic and cost-effective. Ministers also argue that grey squirrels
are very popular in many British cities and that a national cull would be politically unacceptable.

- --

J*ws Fail to Ban National Front's Jean-Marie Le
Pen from UK

National Vanguard, 23 April 2004 <a
href='http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php
?id=2718' target='_blank'>http://www.nationalvan
guard.org/story.php?id=2718</a>

Blair government warns Le Pen not to 'incite'

David
Blunkett has threatened French far-right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen
(pictured) with arrest if he tries to "incite racial hatred" during his visit to Britain this weekend.

The leader of the Front National, who came in second in the French Presidential election campaign, is to be the speaker at a fund-raising, black-tie dinner on Sunday with members of the British National Party (BNP) at the invitation of its leader, Nick Griffin.

Members of the UK's Jewish-led, anti-White coalition are working to find out where the dinner is being held so they can attack the guests as they a
rrive for the Ô�Å¡£50-ahead meal.

The BNP expects to win at least one of the seven West Midlands seats in the European elections on June 10. Th
e party's top candidate is Simon Darby,
a 39-year-old businessman who runs a components supp
ly business. Mr Darby visited the European Parliament i
n Brussels in February at the invitation of the Front National and said the BNP, if elected, wanted to join Front
National in a nationalist block of MEPs who would vote together.

Mr Darby said: "I cannot tell you where it [the dinner] is, because that bunch of lefties would like very much to disrupt it."

British National Party leader Nick Griffin said the theme of the visit would be "Two Parties, One Passion: Freedom," which he said represented their belief that the UK and France should withdraw from the EU.

He told the BBC on Wednesday that a nationalist presence in the European parliament would have an impact on immigration policy.

"MEPs who aren't in a bloc get very little chance to s
peak so at least we get a chance to put the nationalist point of view across," he told the Today program. &q
uot;When the liberal-left polit
icians all over Europe find they really have now got a na
tionalist alternative there at the heart of Europe then I t
hink we will see the same thing that has happened in Holland in the past two years.

"Once liberal Holland ha
s now got the toughest asylum policies in Europe - this isn't because the government there has had a change of heart, it's because they are scared of the nationalists."

Home Secretary Blunkett rejected calls by the Board of Deputies of British J*ws to bar Le Pen from entering the UK. Le Pen once described the holocaust as a "footnote of history," and is now categorized as a "holocaust denier."

However, to appease the minions of Zion, Blunkett issued this public
warning: "If he incites, if he fosters hate, if he causes a disturbance or public disorder, then the police will take appropriate action."

Not understanding t
he concept of racial solidarity, Mr. Blunkett went on to<b
r>say: "It is
ironic that a rightwing fascist party should invite a foreign
er to join them but the contradictions of the BNP are well know
n."

Sabby Dhalu, the Unite Against Fascism organisation's joint secretary,
said: "Le Pen's visit is
deliberately designed to whip up racism and stir up tensions in the run-up to the local elections. It is for this reason that we want him banned."

Rabbi Margaret Jacobi, of the Birmingham Progressive Synagogue, added: "Le Pen's views are repugnant, they are offensive and divisive. He stirs things up to make it difficult to work towards harmony."

George Galloway, cofounder of the communist front "Respect Coalition," has insisted that he "should not be allowed to step foot onto British soil at any time. "If the home secretary allows La Pen into this country he will be siding with the far-right against multicultural Britain," Galloway said.

Salma Yaqoob, also from the group &
quot;Re

spect Coalition," said: "Le Pen is not welcome in Birmi
ngham, the West Midlands, or indeed anywhere in Britain by more tha
n a tiny handful of people."

Labour MP for Birmingham Kahlid Mahmood, called on mainstream politicians to take the BNP on a
nd "exposed them for what they are: the party with no real policies other than disruption between communities."

In related news, a recent Gallup poll conducted in the UK, Germany and Spain showed that 64% of UK residents old enough to vote say they would vote for Le Pen, should they be allowed to vote for the French Presidency. In Spain and Germany, respectively, 57 and 53% share the same opinion.

- --

ID cards 'cannot stop terrorism'

BBC Online, 24 April 2004 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/uk_politics/3655497.stm

A civil rights group has dismissed claims that identity cards will prevent terroris
t
attacks.
Ten thousand volunteers will take part in a trial
of the
ID cards, to be launched next week, the BBC has learnt.

Home Secretary David Blunkett says the cards will stop people using multiple identities and boost the fight against terrorism and organised crim
e.

However, civil rights group Liberty says "it's a myth the ID cards will solve these problems".

"We have ID cards in many European countries, but levels of crime and the terrorist threat remain the same," Liberty spokesman Barry Hugill told the BBC.

He gave the example of the terror attacks on 11 March in Madrid, which had occurred even though Spain has an identity card scheme.

ID PLANS

2008: 80% of economically active population will carry some form of biometric identity document
Estimated cost of Ô�Å¡£3.1bn
Consortium of companies in UKPS trials led by SchlumbergerSema include NEC, Identix, Iridian Source: Home Office

Civil liberties
groups say h
aving several methods of identification, including passp
orts, driving licences and benefit cards, is still the sa
fest option.
<
br>They predict the cards could worsen race discrimination, particularly as foreign nationals will have to carry the cards before Britons.

The L
iberal Democrats also criticised the proposed trials as "a waste of time and money".

Lib Dem home affairs spokesman Mark Oaten said: "The Ô�Å¡£3 billion cost of ID cards would be better spent on more police and more intelligence services to tackle terrorism."

The chairman of an influential committee also expressed concerns, saying the public must "wake up" to the hidden dangers of identity cards.

The Earl of Selborne, chairman of the Royal Society's science in society committee said: "There has been a lack of public debate and there is a very real danger that we are sleepwalking into our technological future."

The government hopes th
e pilot scheme will pave
the way for compulsory identity cards within th
e next decade.

Ministers will detail plans for a nationwide identity da
tabase on Monday when draft legisl
ation is published.

Biometric options

Carrying false identity papers will also become a specific offence for t
he first time, with offenders facing up to 10 years in jail, say government sources.

The new cards will hold biometric details - facial dimensions, an iris scan or fingerprints.

The pilot scheme will try to assess which option works best.

Neil Fisher, from QinetiQ - one of the companies developing the new technology - said people would want to prove their identity to show they were not a risk.

He told the BBC: "You will want to be able to authenticate your identity almost for any transaction that you do, be it going to the bank, shops, airport."

A recent opinion poll suggested 80% of people backed a national ID card scheme.

But mos
t of the 1,000 people questioned by
MORI expressed doubts the cards could be
introduced without problems.

Nothing to fear?

Almost half would not
want to pay for cards - a Ô�Å¡£35 fee has been proposed.

On Thursday, M
r Blunkett said the cards would probably be free for young people, with concessions for the
elderly and those on low incomes.

- From 2007-08 all new passports and driving licences will include biometric data, with separate identity cards for non-drivers and those without passports.

By 2012, an estimated 80% of workers will have the card or a combined driving licence or passport.

The plans are designed to tackle identity fraud, which costs Britain an estimated Ô�Å¡£1.3bn each year.

"What has anybody to worry about having their true identity known?" Mr Blunkett said.

"They have got everything to fear from someone stealing and misusing it."

The government has said it sees ID cards as a weapon against ter
rorism.

- --

Asylum seekers
jailed over fraud scam

Co
ventry Evening Telegraph, 24 April 2004 http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news...objectid=141771
45%26method=full%26
siteid=50003%26headline=asylu
m%2dseekers%2djailed%2dover
%2dfraud%2dscam-name_page.html

Police have smashed a major international fraud scam based in Coventry which targeted local shops and banks.

Three failed African asylum seekers were handed jail sentences at Coventry Crown Court yesterday.

And a fourth man, Nigerian Tom Kumasa, 34, who is on the run and failed to appear at court, will be sent to prison as soon as police catch him.

Police chiefs admitted that although three of the gang were today behind bars, they had no idea of their real identities, such is the confusion created by their intricate web of aliases, fraudulent passports and dodgy bank acc
ounts.

The court heard how the gang had attempted t
o defraud Ô�Å¡£150,000 from H
igh Street banks, and credit cards - from as far away as Canada and Singapore - had been di
shonestly used to buy dozens of expensive, hi-tech electrical goods and jewellery.

Michael Smith, 40, and Kehinide Rafiu, 28, from Whitworth Avenue, Sto
ke Aldermoor, admitted c
onspiracy to defraud and were each sentenced to three years by Judge Richard Cole.

Adebayo Taiwo, 30, also of Whitworth Avenue, admitted four counts of possession and use of false documents and was sentenced to two years.

Kumasa, Smith and Rafiu had amassed 23 bank accounts between them, and all used a substantial number of false passports, credit card numbers, cheque books, names and utility bills.

Brian Dean, prosecuting, said: "These four men acted together and targeted Coventry, committing fraud on various financial institutions in a well organised and sophisticated fashion.

"There are many loose ends
in this case. We have only managed to scratch the surface of what has
been going on.&quo
t;

The police investigation began after Rafiu used a compromised American Express Card i
n Debenhams to buy Ô�Å¡£200 of perfume, and a keen-eyed shop attendant in the West Orchards store saw the defendant practising the card's signature prior to signing.

Defence law
yers s
aid Rafiu and Smith were fleeing from persecution in Sierra Leone - where both had seen family members massacred - but both had been refused asylum.

Neal Williams, defending Smith, said his client - like his co-accused - had fallen victim to circumstance because he had been refused asylum and was petrified about being deported. The only way for them to get jobs was to have false documents.

(Thanks to the subscriber who emailed the above -Ed).

- --

For the latest US and world-wide news, British Nation News recommends both; New N
ation News at http://www.
newnation.
org/
& National Vanguard at
http://www.nationalvanguard.org/

DISCLAIMERS
- -----------

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section
107, any copyrighted work in the British Nation News serv
ice is sent under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in such information for personal use, non-profit research and educational purposes only.

Under Bill s.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this email cannot be considered "spam" as long as the following is included:
1) contact information (at the top); and,
2) the way to be removed from future mailings (at the top).

All reprinted materials are the opinions of the authors, editors, or (most
likely) the media barons, an
d not necessarily British Nation News editors and staff...

- -----------------------
--
----------------------------------------

Back