Fernandez blames rape on evil twin Damian

Whitebear

Publisher/Editor-in-chief
Suspect in Dorchester rape puts blame on twin brother

Tuesday, June 8, 2004

A former Brockton man charged with raping a woman in Dorchester three years ago is trying to blame the crime on his twin brother, who is the only other person whose DNA profile matches evidence collected at the woman's home.

Darrin Fernandez, 29, used the same tactic last year at his trial for raping a woman on Hecla Street in Fields Corner, but the jury was not impressed and convicted him. He is serving a 10- to 15-year sentence for that crime. Now he is back in Suffolk Superior Court fac
ng charges he broke into a house on Peverell Street while the victim slept on the second floor on April 27, 2001.

The victim testified yesterday she awoke to find the stranger standing over he
r bed, talking sexually to her. ``I started crying and asking hi
m to leave. I was trying to make some noise,'' she said. ``He raised his hand and said, `Do you want me to hit you? Do you want me to (expletive) you up?' ''

A woman who lived nearby on Trescott Street testified Fernandez was the man who broke into her apartment the same night. She avoided an attack by screaming, causing her intruder to flee.

Defense attorney Robert Zanello told jurors prosecutors tailored the case to fit Darrin Fernandez after his twin, Damian, wrote the DA's office offering to cooperate as a witness.

AH ! the subs displaying "brotherly love".

Doesn't it just choke you up? :rolleyes:

Excuse me, I need to expectorate !

Back