Guns banned in UK - 2 police women shot

-88-

Registered
Policewoman shot dead in robbery

A female police officer has been shot dead and another seriously injured as they responded to an armed robbery in the centre of Bradford.
The gunmen are still at large, with surrounding roads closed and dozens of armed police patrolling the area in an effort to track them down.

The officers were called to Morley Street at 1525 GMT to deal with a robbery at a travel agent.

Tony Blair said he was "shocked and saddened" by the death.

Staff assaulted

One eyewitness told BBC News the robbery was at Universal Express travel agent.

Members of staff at the family-run business were assaulted and cash taken.

It is thought the officer who died was in her mid-30s and may have been a "probationer" - of less than two years' service.

A Downing Street spokesman said Tony Blair was "shoc

ked and saddened" to hear of the shootings in Bradford and "his thoughts go out to th
e family and friends of the officers involved and to West Yorkshire police force".

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said: "While incidents of this sort are mercifully rare, they serve to remind us of the risks and dangers police officers face every day in their work to uphold the law and protect the public."

Councillor Khadam Hussain, whose ward covers the area where the shooting happened, said he was shocked by the officer's death.

He said: "It is appalling. I really feel for the family. It is shocking. This is a business area with a lot of restaurants and takeaways. It is not the kind of area you expect this to happen."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4450596.stm

Bradford in England (or should that be Pakistan)

bradfordriot410by256PA.jpg

_41036966_besenivsky_sharon_203.jpg

Pc Beshenivsky had three children
and two step-children

Pc Beshenivsky had been a community police officer for two years before becoming a police constable in February 2005 and lived with her family in a converted barn in Keighley, West Yorkshire.

She had three children and two step-children, and was killed on her youngest daughter's fourth birthday.

Five arrested over Pc shootings

Four men and a woman have been arrested in London by the Metropolitan Police in connection with the killing of a police officer in Bradford.
Pc Sharon Beshenivsky, 38, died after being shot in the chest. Her colleague, Pc Teresa Milburn, 37, was also shot and injured.

The shootings followed a robbery at a travel agents in the city on Fri

day.

Three men are being held in London, while a man and a woman were taken to West Yor
kshire for questioning.

A West Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said: "Further to information released at press conference this morning about the arrest of a man and woman in London, another three men have been arrested this lunchtime in London by Metropolitan Police officers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/4452710.stm

Adam Frankiuszewski, 60, spoke of three Asian or black men, all in their 20s running from Morley Street and into Edmund Street, where he was tidying up a church yard.
"They came round the corner. They were really hyped up, bouncing and were laughing and joking. They were only a few yards from me. As soon as I told police their helicopter went searching."
Mr Frankiuszewski added: "They came running, really hard but laughing and joking. I didn't see them get into a car. They disappeared up Little Horton Lane."

Mum, wife, cop... and hero

pr-Teresa-Milburn1.jpg

Teresa Milburn seriously injured

PC Sharon Beshenivsky

The deceased officer is 38 year old Sharon Beshenivsky. She joined as a police constable on February 7th 2005, she had previously worked for West Yorkshire Police for a little under two years as a police community support officer.

She was married to Paul and has three children and two step-children
(three boys and two girls). The eldest child is 14 and the youngster child, a girl, is four - it was her birthday yesterday.

Sharon completed her basic training and joined Team 5 at Bradford South in May.

Chief Constable Colin Cramphorn said: "She has been described by her inspector and all of her colleagues as enthusiastic and very positive. Her colleagues remember her particularly for her inf

ectious laugh. Her shift inspector told me last night he would have liked 30 Sharon'
s on the relief.

"She was very proud of her family and when she did have time to relax she was a keen bingo player."

The injured officer is 37 year old PC Teresa Milburn. She joined the Force on April 5th 2004. She is married to Chris and has one son aged 16. She comes from a large Bradford family and has three sisters and one brother.

She previously worked as a machinist before joining the police force.

Chief Constable Colin Cramphorn said: "She has had a difficult night in hospital but continues to make progress and she is receiving full support from her family and colleagues."

Statement from Det Supt Andy Brennan

As a result of enquiries made last night (Fri Nov 18) we now have a clearer picture of what took place at the travel agents yesterday afternoon.

Shortly after 3pm three men entered the travel agents and made
enquiries about purchasing
tick
ets.

Descriptions of these men are: one is Asian, aged 25-30, medium to
stocky build, short black hair, a beard, 5ft 8i
n - 5ft 10in.

The second is described as black, 20-30 years, slim, 6ft tall with
dark, smart clothing.

The third man is described as black and aged 20-30 years.

More than one of these men had a firearm and one of them had a knife.

http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/section...sid=12&iid=2027

Pc was killed on daughter's birthday

The female police officer gunned down by robbers was murdered hours before she was due to celebrate her youngest child's fourth birthday, it emerged yesterday.

Pc Sharon Beshenivsky, 38, a mother of three children and two stepchildren, had served in West Yorkshire Police for just eight months after earlier working as a community support officer.

nbesh20.jpg

Pc Sharon Beshenivsky: Police said the gunman had not hesitated to open fire on the unarmed officers

She was shot in the chest as the gang fled a travel agency in Bradford city centre. Despite wearing a protective vest, Pc Beshenivsky died within minutes.

A second female officer who was seriously inj

ured when she was shot in the shoulder was named yesterday as Teresa Milburn, 37, who joined the force in
April last year. She is married with a 16-year-old son.

It was the first time in Britain that two female officers had been fired upon in the same incident. The father of Pc Beshenivsky, Billy Jagger, 61, last night demanded that all police officers should be armed, saying that no other family should have to suffer the same loss as his.

"When you expect police to protect us, they should be given the best chance of protecting themselves," he said.

The Police Federation has called for a greater number of officers to be given firearms training.

One of the gang taunted the officers as they launched their fatal attack, according to an unconfirmed report. A resident, who asked not to be named, said: "A man who witnessed the incident told me the gunman had taunted the officers, saying something like &#
39;b
ring on the rest of them'."

Detectives are hunting for three men armed with a gun and a knife who held up Universal Express shortly before 3.30pm on Frid
ay and escaped with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Police said a man and a woman were arrested by armed officers in London at 8.30am yesterday in connection with the murder. It is understood that they may have been linked to the getaway vehicle. Yesterday afternoon, three men were arrested in London and another man was arrested in the capital last night.

Colin Cramphorn, the Chief Constable of West Yorkshire, said Pc Beshenivsky joined her patrol team in May after completing her training and was "an enthusiastic, mature and very positive colleague".

He added: "They remember in particular her infectious laugh and I think her inspector said it all for me when he said he would have liked 30 Sharons on the shift."

Pc Milburn remained under armed police guard in hospital last night after what
Mr Cramp
horn described as a "difficult night". Her injuries are not life threatening. Officers gave details yesterday of what happened during the raid and how the three men, two black and one Asi
an
all aged between 20 and 30, escaped.

The men had posed as customers before jumping over the counter. One member of the four staff on duty was struck across the head with a gun.

At 3.26pm one of the staff set off a panic alarm, alerting police. Within two minutes, Pc Beshenivsky and Pc Milburn had arrived. As the gunmen burst out of the travel agent's at 3.32pm, at least one opened fire with "several" shots. Police said the gunman had not hesitated to open fire on the unarmed officers.

The robbers fled along Morley Street. A witness saw them go on to Edmund Street and Lansdown Road, where they got into a silver car. Police were last night studying CCTV footage taken from cameras in the city centre.
<
br>Det Supt
Andy Brennan, who is leading the murder hunt, said of Pc Milburn: "She is very traumatised by the fact her friend and colleague has been murdered in this way."

Pc Milburn lives with her husband, Chris, and their son, James, in Birstall, near Bradford. M
r Milburn was too upset to discuss the shooting, saying he was "going back to the hospital" to be with his wife.

Mr Cramphorn said Pc Milburn had previously been a machinist and was hoping for a "complete change" and "new opportunities" in joining the police. She was a "very committed individual in making that change".

He said officers working on the case had a "firm determination" to bring the killers to justice. "There is a lot of hurt and upset, and soul-searching going on. There were a great deal of tears shed and, yes, I shed them too." He said that Pc Beshenivsky's husband, Paul, and their children - aged from four-year-old Lydia, whose birthday i
t was on Friday
, to 14 - were "completely devastated". The family moved to Keighley in July and live in a converted barn with views across the moors.

Yesterday police officers guarding the cordon around the murder scene laid floral tributes to Pc Beshenivsky. A 22-year-old community support officer said: "She was a lovely person, very, very ki
nd."

Police said that the first robber was Asian, aged 25 to 30, of medium to stocky build with short black hair and a beard, and was 5ft 8in to 5ft 10in tall. The second was black, aged 20 to 30, slim and 6ft tall. He was wearing dark, smart clothing. The third man was black and aged 20 to 30.

The incident has reopened the debate on whether all officers should be routinely armed.

Hazel Blears, the Home Office minister, rejected calls for an armed force. "It is important that the police have a very close relationship with the public and for them to routinely carry guns might
put that at risk,&q
uot; she said. But Metin Enver, a spokesman for the Police Federation, which represents 130,000 officers, said it would lobby for more firearms training. Ten years ago, 6,837 officers were trained to use firearms, but that had dropped to 6,096 in 2004.

"We've seen an increase in gun crime, but a decline in the number of authorised officers. We want more officers auth
orised in firearms use."

Lord Stevens, the former head of the Metropolitan Police, said the killer of Pc Beshenivsky should lose his life. "All my life I've been against the death penalty," he said. "But I've changed my mind. I never thought I'd say this, but I am convinced that the monster who executed this young woman in cold blood should, in turn, be killed as punishment for his crime."

Friday's incident, the seventh killing of a serving female officer, brought back memories of the shooting of Pc Ian Broa
dhurst in nearby Leeds
on Boxing Day, 2003. His widow, Elisa, said yesterday: "The news is very hard to hear. My heart skipped a beat when I was told."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../20/ixhome.html

- - -

Rookie WPc shot dead

A policewoman was shot dead yesterday and a second female officer was seriously wound
ed as they answered a personal alarm call to an armed robbery.

Both were unarmed and probationers in their mid-30s with less than two years' service. The officer who died had no children. The other was in a serious condition in hospital and under armed guard last night. Her injuries were "not life-threatening".

Police guard the scene of the shooting in Bradford

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2005/11/19/nwpc19a.jpg' border='0' alt='use
r posted image' />

Both were wearing body armour as they rushed to a travel agents in the centre of Bradford at about 3.25pm, although they did not know that an armed robbery was taking place.

The woman who died was hit by a single shot. Her colleague was wounded in the shoulder when several other shots were fired.

A huge manhunt was launched for three men and the area around the scene of the crime was "locked down". Many venues in the city centre remained closed for the night. Armed police combed the streets within a cordon stret
ching more than half a mile and were also standing guard at the shop.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=YF4LGTAKU1VHTQFIQMFSFGGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2005/11/19/nwpc19.xml]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...1/19/nwpc19.xml[/url]

KILLERS LAUGHED AS THEY SHOT COP (who was a mum of five)

They were really hyped up, laughing and joking WITNESS ADAM RANKIUSZEWSKI

THE KILLERS of rookie police officer Sharon Beshenivsky laughed as they shot her.

Witnesses last night revealed how the armed robbers joked with each other as they fled from the scene of the murder.

Brave mum-of-five Sharon was killed just hours before she was due to attend her youngest daughter's fourth birthday party.

The unarmed 38-year-old constable was shot in the chest at close range as the robbers fled from a travel agents in Bradford, West Yorshire. Adam Frankiuszewski, 60, was tidying a church yard when he saw three men.

He said: "They were really hyped up - bo

uncing, laughing and joking.

"They came running, really hard, but laughing and joking. I d
idn't see them get into a car. They disappeared up Little Horton Lane.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/news/tm_object...-name_page.html

What a f**king pathetic country...that doesn't even have the ballz to arm it's own police officers ON THE BEAT for crying out loud!

The England of legend exists no more...a once mightly and powerful white empire has become a mere shadow of what it once was.

Damn, that Milburn woman could eat apples through a picket fence.

Cop killer suspects: eyewitness describes terror

Monday, 21st November 2005, 14:36
Category: Crime and Punishment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - A terrified mother of one told today how she feared for her life when police held her at gunpoint, believing she was hiding the men suspected of murdering Wpc Sharon Beshenivsky.

Nicola Dennis, 27, said she opened her front door on Saturday afternoon to be met by armed officers who dragged her out of her ground floor flat and forced her to lay face down on the floor in front of her stunned neighbours.

Miss Dennis' ordeal began shortly after midday on Saturday when around 30 police officers stormed De Havilland Drive in Plumstead, south-east London.

Single mum Miss Dennis said: "I heard shouting so I opened the door to see what was going on. The n

ext thing I knew, these two big armed police
men dragged me outside and made me lay on the ground.

"I was so scared I thought I was going to die. There was a big machine gun pointing right at my head. I was begging with them 'please don't shoot me'. I didn't know what was going on. The police officers just screamed at me 'shut the (f**k) up.'

"I was laying face down for about half an hour and then they dragged me round the corner and sat me against the wall. I had my hands tied behind my back in little plastic bands.

"I was there when they brought the three men out from the flat above me. They were dragged out with their trousers round their ankles with a police officer holding each of their arms. The men looked really scared.

"One of them kept saying 'why have you got her? We don't know her.' But the police officers just kept shouting at them to shut up."

Miss Dennis said that after about an hour, a female poli
ce o
fficer told the armed officers to let her go.

Miss Dennis said: "They took me round the corner and took t
he cuffs off. I asked the female police officer why they had tried to arrest me and she said it was because they thuoght I was hiding the men.

"I told her how shocked and scared I had been and she said that pointing the gun in my face was an intimidation tactic and that the police were being so aggressive because it was to do with one of their own being killed.

"I'm so angry about it. They didn't even take the time to think about what they were doing when they arrested me. I'm just so glad my daughter, who is only six, had just been picked up from the house ten minutes before it happened. It was bad enough that all the neighbours had to see."

Three Somali men suspected of the murder were arrested in the flat above Miss Dennis. The flats are owned by a housing association based in Wembley.

The
smart estate of about 25 flats has been open for only six months.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=O...tness_describes

WPC: Asylum seekers held

FOUR of the suspects seized over the gun slaughter of WPC Sharon Beshenivsky are asylum seekers.
Last night murder cops were urgently checking the Somalis

'Presents lay on table'

A CHIEF CONSTABLE today told of the harrowing scene when he visited his murdered colleague's home.

West Yorkshire Chief Constable Colin Cramphorn saw Sharon Beshenivsky

Police investigate gangland drug links over WPC Sharon's death
More arrests likely as officers flown to capital in search for clues

Kate O'Hara
Crime Correspondent

THE men alleged to have murdered policewoman Sharon Beshenivsky are members of a 20-strong Somalian drugs gang which has been linked to criminal activity in London.
Detectives from West Yorkshire's homicide and major enquiry team (HMET) identif-ied the gang of Somalis from a silver 4x4 vehicle in which the three robbers are believed to have made their escape after gunning down the WPC and her colleague Teresa Milburn.
West Yorkshire detectives are still in London

LONDON: A large amount of cash intended for 'hawala' transactions in the Indian subcontinent was the main target of a burglary at a British travel agency in which one woman police officer was shot dead.

The killing of the officer, Sharon Beshenivsky, 38, last Friday has dominated media coverage here, including the coverage of a public outpouring of grief in Bradford and elsewhere in Britain.

Money-laundering expert Jeffrey Robinson told reporters: "Somebody obviously knew there was money there on Friday but the fact that a gun was involved says to me that this is not just ordinary guys looking for money to buy drugs."

<a h

ref='http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/009135.php' target='_blank'>Burglary for hawala cash leaves British cop dead</a>

BBC.-Uk
Last Updated: Wednesday, 23 November 2005, 18:51 GMT

Police identify Pc death suspects

Pc Sharon Beshenivsky
Pc Sharon Beshenivsky joined the Bradford South team in May
The identities of two prime suspects in the shooting of Pc Sharon Beshenivsky have been circulated to police forces nationwide, the BBC has learned.

Detectives confirmed they were now actively seeking three men after significant developments in the case.

Pc Beshenivsky was shot dead and her colleague, Pc Teresa Milburn, injured during a robbery at a travel agents.

Police also issued details of a silver Toyota hire car thought to have been used in Friday's robbery in Bradford.

Five Somali men, and a woman, were arrested in London over the weekend and brought to police stations in West Yorkshire but have all now been released.

BBC correspondent Mark Simpson sai

d it is understood police know the names of two of the me
n regarded as prime suspects in the case.

Their names, which have not been made public, are being circulated to police forces and to airports.

Detectives investigating the shooting said they had identified a car, believed to have been used in the robbery, as a Rav 4 model, registration number WP05 YTT.

Det Supt Andy Brennan, of West Yorkshire Police, said: "The vehicle was hired at Heathrow Airport on 25 October.

"We believe the vehicle travelled to West Yorkshire from London in the early hours of Friday and returned to London later that evening."

Police now have possession of the Toyota and want to hear from anyone who may have seen it particularly last Friday, the day of the robbery.

Toyota Rav 4
Police say the Rav 4 was hired at Heathrow airport on 25 October

Pc Beshenivsky, 38, died after being shot in the chest on her youngest daughter's fourth birthday. She had been a servi
ng p
olice officer for nine months.

Her colleague Pc Milburn, 37, who joined the West Yorkshire for
ce in April 2004, was shot in the shoulder during the raid on the travel agents on Morley Street in Bradford.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said Scotland Yard detectives were helping West Yorkshire Police.

He said significant developments were expected in the next 24 hours and the search for suspects was being extended wider than the Somali community.

At Prime Minister's Questions in the Commons, Tony Blair offered condolences to the family of Pc Beshenivsky who, he said, had been "so tragically murdered on duty".

A civic memorial service for Pc Beshenivsky will be held at Centenary Square in Bradford on Friday afternoon.

The service will be led by the Bishop of Bradford, the Rt Rev David James, and include a two-minute silence.

Meanwhile in Bradford, a large police operation was still continuing at the scene of the shooting with
officers
carrying out house-to-house inquiries in the city.

Outside the travel agency, forensic scientists have been carrying out a fing
ertip search behind a wooden barricade.

Skara Brae,

madkins

Note, the BBC does not identify the suspects in its report. Whereas SkyNews, and the Sun have said the suspects are two Somali brothers and an Asian.

Originally posted by Gmanjunior@Nov 20 2005, 04:47 PM
What a f**king pathetic country...that doesn't even have the ballz to arm it's own police officers ON THE BEAT for crying out loud!
We don't want to be armed - police
Last posted: Friday 25 November 2005 08:30
MOST police officers in Greater Manchester do not want to be routinely armed, says the Police Federation.

The debate about whether all officers should carry a gun has been fuelled by the fatal shooting of WPC Sharon Beshenivsky during an armed robbery in Bradford.

But Sgt Paul Kelly, GMP spokesman for the federation, which represents ran

k and file officers, said despite the tragedy, he believed his members in Greater Manchester did not want to be issued with firearms.

Instead, Sgt Kelly says all officers throughout the country should be issued with protective vests.

WPC Beshenivsky and her colleague
Teresa Milburn were unarmed when they were shot by a gang of robbers as they fled a travel agents in Bradford last Friday.

WPC Beshenivsky was shot in the chest and WPC Milburn was shot in the shoulder although the two officers were wearing protective vests at time of the shooting.

Sgt Kelly said that protective vests had saved the lives of many officers in Greater Manchester since they were introduced 10 years ago.

Sgt Kelly said: "Although the recent tragedy has made us think again about the dangers faced by police officers every day, I don't believe it has changed their view about being routinely armed.

"A national survey two years found that 80 per cent of officers did not want
to
carry guns - and I think the position is still the same, despite the shooting of Mrs Beshenivsky.

"Many believe that if all police officers are armed, then all criminals will be armed but I don't think that is the case.

"There is a small minority of criminals who carry firearms and an even small
er number who are prepared to use them.

"Those evil few will still use them whether we are armed or not. Although none of our officers have been shot since protective vests was introduced in GMP 10 years ago, they have saved the lives of officers from other injuries including stabbing.

"Not all police officers across the country are currently issued with them. The debate about whether officers should be routinely armed will go on for years.

"I am not anti-firearm - I used to work as an armed officer at the airport - I believe it is imperative that we have armed units within the force.

"In a challenging area like Greater Manchester,
they d
efinitely have a role to play and it is worth remembering we can call on them at any time of day or night if needed.

"But the federation's view and the view of our members is that not all officers need to be armed."

l Police officers in Greater Manchester have donated more than

Police name Pc shooting suspects

Detectives hunting the killers of Pc Sharon Beshenivksy have named the three prime suspects they want to question.
The 38-year-old officer was shot dead during an armed raid by gang at a travel agency in Bradford a week ago.

Police named the suspects as Mustaf Jama, 25, from the north Kensington area of London, and his brother Yusuf, 19, from the same area.

They also want to trace Muzzaker Shah, 24, who was born in Burnley but has lived in London since 2001.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4470286.stm

Poor BBC they've tried so hard to cover for these non-white murderers, now the Police have released their names . . .

Police name Pc shooting suspects

Detectives hunting the killers of Pc Sharon Beshenivksy have named the three prime suspects they want to question.
The 38-year-old officer was shot dead during an armed raid by gang at a travel agency in Bradford a week ago.

Police named the suspects as Mustaf Jama, 25, from the north Kensington area of London, and his brother Yusuf, 19, from the same area.

They also want to trace Muzzaker Shah, 24, who was born in Burnley but has lived in London since 2001.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4470286.stm

Back