Holocaust horrors recalled by survivors

Hellcat

Registered

By Stephanie Innes , Arizona Daily Star

About six decades have passed since the Holocaust killed his entire family, but Irving Senor's memories of World War II are as indelible as the number 137135 that's still on his arm from Auschwitz.

"I had 100 relatives, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins - I'm the only one who lived," said Senor, one of two dozen Holocaust survivors who took part in Yom HaShoah - Holocaust Remembrance - at the Midtown Temple Emanu-El Reform Jewish synagogue on Sunday.

"It's been a long, long time. But it comes back," said Senor, a Tucson resident. "I speak to children about my memories. There are revisi
nists out there who say the Holocaust never happened. I'm still here, and I can prove I was in the camps."

About 500 people of all ages were at the annual community event. Children and
r
r
gra
dchildren accompanied some of the Holocaust survivors, who held candles in a p
rocession through the synagogue to the music of "The Symphony of the Holocaust," which was composed by Shony Alex Braun, a survivor of the Dachau and Auschwitz concentration camps run by Germany's Nazis.

Senor, now 79, was 17 when he was sent to the Auschwitz camp in Poland. He spent most of the war cleaning bricks in Warsaw for the Nazis, and when the war ended, he married a fellow Jewish survivor and moved to Cincinnati, where the couple had three children. They stayed together for 54 years, until his wife's death in 1999.

As Senor and other survivors proceeded through the synagogue with their families, survivor Gerd Strauss, in his 80s, stood at the front of the synagogue and wep
t. Jane Lipski also had tears in her eyes as she walked slowly with her husband, Richard.

Lipski grew up in Poland near the German border and was 14 when the Nazis took over. She was a
ble
to
avoid the
concentration camps by pretending to be Aryan.

Her parents were not as fortunate. One day
when Lipski was 18, she came home and they were gone. They had been taken to Auschwitz. Lipski never saw her parents again. "I did not care what happened to me," said Lipski, who still has a strong Polish accent. "I wanted to die. That I am here is a miracle."

Sunday's event was titled "Anti-Semitism . . . Before and After the Holocaust." The keynote speaker was Tim Zaal, a 40-year-old former white supremacist who now works with the Simon Wiesenthal Center's Task Force Against Hate. Zaal explained that in spite of diversity education, white supremacists still exist in the United States.

"A lot of them are using modern marketing tac
tics with video games like 'ethnic cleansing,' and they are getting away from the skinhead look," he said in an interview.

Zaal told the audience that he was o
nce ant
i-Semit
ic. The spur for h
is hatred for people of other religions and races, Zaal said, came from seeds that were planted when he was very young. He went on to teach his own son r
acial and ethnic slurs.

Zaal has married a Jewish woman and says he is teaching his son tolerance.

Exhibit schedule

What: A traveling exhibit from the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum titled "Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals, 1933-1945."

When: Opens Sunday. Viewing hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Fridays and by appointment. The exhibit will be closed on Saturdays.

Where: Tucson Jewish Community Center, 3800 E. River Road.

Admission: Free and open to the public.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...lledbysurvivors
<!-
-QuoteBegin
--></div><t
able border='0' align='
center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>the Holocaust killed his entire family[/b][/quote]
Hmmm.....don't they all say that?

I am willing to bet that much of his lost family is lost...but living (or recently living after the Holohoax) in Israel and other countries. They may even be his neighbors and yet he does not know them! ;)

This k*ke is pissed because the brainwashing didn't work on everyone?

Maybe we should search for his "missing" family. It seems that every Hollowhoax speaker is the only survivor.

Why is this getting attention today

when its also PATRIOTS DAY

And we need to remember WACO

and OKC !

Its a j ew press.

F--k the gentiles loss of life and perpetuate

a holohoax to keep j ews as victims..

If the masses ever realize the J*ws are the VICTIMIZERS

and NOT the VICTIMS

the world will stand up and throw them out!

AUSROTTEN !

About six decades have passed since the Holocaust killed his entire family, but Irving Senor's memories of World War II are as indelible as the number 137135 that's still on his arm from Auschwitz.

Anybody going to play that number tomorrow ????

:D :D :D

Back