Man Convicted After 2005 Chimped Out Shooting

Rebgal

Registered
I am almost 100% sure this involves spooks, but because there is no pic so far I'll put it under "Suspected TNB". Also the fact that there appears to be no reasons for the shootings except that a jig chimped out lends credence to my belief. Who else would use the names "Saladin" and "Nibel". Just love those bonobo names.:lol: :lol: Although this involves a 2005 shooting in Irvington, NJ, I think the facts as they have come out in the recent trial are a fine illustration of negritude in action.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-11/1169271418300260.xml&coll=1

Irvington man convicted in deadly shooting spree
Saturday, January 20, 2007
BY WILLIAM KLEINKNECHT
Star-Ledger Staff

A 25-year-old man was convicted Thursday in the killing of one man and the wounding of two others in an Irvington shooting spree that still baffles investigators.

Saladin Thompson and an accomplice knew none of the three people they fired on in the July 8, 2005, incident, including Nibal Green, the man killed as he was waiting for his takeout order from a Chinese restaurant on 16th Avenue.

"They appeared to be completely senseless, random acts of violence," said Carolyn Murray, first assistant Essex County prosecutor. Perfect description of chimping out.

Murray, who tried the case with Assistant Prosecutor Tamara Chambers, said the incident began about 10:30 p.m. when Thompson and his accomplice, Eric Gorden, 22, shot a man sitting on a porch on 21st Street.

Murray said Thompson shot the 28-year-old victim in the shoulder with a .40-caliber handgun, and Gorden climbed the porch and fired directly in his face with a .22-caliber, but that shot glanced off his hat. Only a jig could miss at that close range.

The two men ran down the street to the Lily Chinese restaurant, where Gorden went inside to buy a loose cigarette (?) and Thompson struck up a conversation with Green, 31, who was waiting for a takeout order outside, Murray said.

For no known reason, she said, Thompson shot Green several times and killed him. One of the bullets traveled through his body and struck and wounded one of the cooks in the restaurant, she said.

The incident occurred inside a district patrolled by State Police as well as Irvington police. An officer from a nearby mini-precinct at 16th Avenue and 20th Street heard the shots and police arrested the two men, both of Irvington, with their weapons as they fled, Murray said.

She said ballistics tests matched Thompson's weapon to the shell-casings found at the scene.

A jury took less than an hour to convict Thompson of murder, attempted murder and other charges after a three-week trial before Superior Court Judge Thomas Vena. He is to be sentenced March 16 and faces at least 30 years without parole.

His public defender, David Rosen, could not be reached for comment. Chimping Out is not a valid defense.

Gorden pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in a previous proceeding and is to be sentenced Jan. 26. The prosecution agreed under the plea bargain to recommend that he receive 22 years in prison.

Back