Milwaukee Children's Hospital lockdown when felon Ashanti shows up w/ glock

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
http://www.jsonline.com/news/report-shots-fired-at-childrens-hospital-b99142691z1-231935841.html

Parents were frantic during Children's Hospital lockdown
11/14/13

Police shoot, arrest man with gun on building's seventh floor

The frantic mother of a newborn baby struggled to get to the seventh floor of Children's Hospital, shouting into a cellphone, "He's going to shoot my baby!" according to a woman on the elevator with her.

The mother refused to let anyone else push the elevator buttons, said Samiee Cornish, 18, who was on the elevator as police pursued a man wanted on a felony warrant around noon Thursday.

When the elevator doors opened on the seventh floor, the woman "flew out," Cornish said. Through the open door, Cornish saw a swarm of police. Almost immediately, an officer pushed the mother back onto the elevator and pushed the "down" button.

"She just kept screaming and screaming," Cornish said.

Over the loudspeaker, a voice announced "Code blue: Hospital lockdown."

The hospital was locked down for about two hours Thursday after Milwaukee police shot and arrested Ashanti Hendricks, 22, who was visiting a baby on the Newborn Progressive Care Unit of the hospital.

Hendricks was shot in the wrist after he threatened officers with a gun, authorities said. No one else was injured.

The incident began about 11:11 a.m. when police received a tip about a wanted felon with a gun, the source said. The man ended up at Children's about an hour later.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. said his department got the call of an active shooter on the seventh floor of the hospital at 11:59 a.m. When they responded, they found that Milwaukee police already were there seeking a wanted felon believed to be in possession of a firearm. They found him in the neonatal progressive care unit on the seventh floor. He was holding a baby. When police told the man he was under arrest, he apparently put down the baby and fled.

The man had a gun, identified as a .40-caliber Glock, and turned toward officers in a threatening manner, Clarke said, but did not fire at officers.

"He fled down the hallway, while fleeing with a handgun," Clarke said. "With officers in pursuit, he turned around several times with that handgun in his hand."

A 27-year-old Milwaukee police officer who has been on the force for six years fired two shots, one of which struck Hendricks, according to Chief Edward Flynn.

Even after being shot in the arm, Hendricks continued to try to run away, Flynn said. Officers took him to the ground and had to struggle for several minutes to get the handcuffs on him, Flynn said.

"This is not a situation where a guy came in to shoot somebody," Clarke said.

The mother and baby were unharmed, Clarke said. It is not clear whether Hendricks is the baby's father.

The 22-year-old has felony convictions, mostly for drugs, going back to 2009, according to online court records. He was convicted twice in 2009 and again in 2011, records show.

In December 2012, he was charged was possession of marijuana, second offense, fleeing an officer and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Always amazes me just how much mayhem a single nigger can cause. They truly are a force of misery, destruction, and chaos to white society. Tell me again why we tolerate this nigger filth among us please........

Always amazes me just how much mayhem a single nigger can cause. They truly are a force of misery, destruction, and chaos to white society. Tell me again why we tolerate this nigger filth among us please........

It's because we as a nation are a bunch of obese, fat-ass sheeple. I hate seeing this super-obesity in white women. With nigger sows, I don't care, but when our women are like that I can't respect them as a whole because most of them ate themselves that way. If they are not willing to respect themselves, then why should I respect them--especially when they are a wall of toxic fat, hampering us from getting from underneath ZOG and his armed, mostly race-traitor minions!

Who cares about evil laws? I don't! I'm sick of those fecal-skinned, chinaman-eyed, boot-lipped, urofecal-smelling bastards or their damned snivel rights garbage! They are sub-prosimians and nothing but! **** Obongo too!

http://fox6now.com/2013/11/14/significant-police-presence-at-childrens-hospital/

Wanted felon shot, wounded inside Children’s Hospital
updated on: 10:08pm, November 14

ashanti-250.jpg

WAUWATOSA (WITI) — A 22-year-old suspect who had a warrant out for his arrest was shot and wounded near the neonatal progressive care unit of Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa around noon on Thursday, November 14th. Sources say the suspect is identified as

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke says at 11:59 a.m., a call came into dispatch that there was an “active shooter” situation at Children’s Hospital. Officers with the Milwaukee Police Department were apparently there conducting a warrant pickup for Dickerson-Hendricks who was wanted for “felon in possession of a firearm.”

Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn says officers identified Dickerson-Hendricks in the neonatal unit of the hospital. He was holding a baby at the time. Flynn says officers engaged Dickerson-Hendricks in a discussion, told him of his warrant status, and that he initially complied with the officers’ requests — putting the baby down, and beginning to leave with them.

Moments later, Dickerson-Hendricks fled through the neonatal ward and into a hallway.

“While in that hallway, the suspect turned on the officers with a 40 caliber glock semi-automatic pistol in his hand,” said Chief Flynn. “One officer fired twice, striking the subject in the arm, causing him to drop the pistol.”

Dickerson-Hendricks was captured and handcuffed a short time later. The weapon was recovered.

Dickerson-Hendricks was taken to Froedtert Hospital where his non-life threatening injuries were treated. The “all clear” was issued shortly after 2 p.m.

The mother and baby in this incident are fine. No hospital personnel were hurt in this incident — and all babies in the neonatal unit are continuing to be cared for.

FOX6 News has learned this is not the first time Dickerson-Hendricks has been accused of fleeing or being a felon in possession of a firearm.

In December of 2012, investigators say he drove off from a traffic stop, crashing his vehicle in the area of 60th and Congress.

He was then accused of running away even after he was tased, breaking into a home and trying to hid in a garage.

Police say they later found a gun in his car.

Back