Mississippi niglet found hanging at home!

Tyrone N. Butts

APE Reporter

2813429_SS.gif

Photo from the front page of WLBT: Jackson Mississippi

Community Mourns a Young Girl Found Hanging

It's a death investigation that has left an unsettling feeling in the small town of Union . A 3rd grade student was found hanging in her home last Thursday, January 6th. Residents want to how and why something like this could happen.

Residents in Union said it's a heartbreaking story. School Superintendent Don Brantley said, "It was shocking to me that a third grader would hang herself...you know it keeps going through my mind, what would make a child so upset they would d
o something like that?

3rd grader, Tyneshia Jackson was found hanging in her closet by a jump rope.

Union Polic
e Chief Michael Bryant said, "We are not looking for it to be a homicide, but we are further investigating and are carrying every lead possible."

The chief said he hopes Tyneshia's death was accidental, but they're not ruling anything out...even suicide.

Police said Tyneshia's family found her hanged Thursday, January 6th. She was rushed to UMC. Her family took her off life support two days later.

When students returned to school on Monday, they prayed for their friend.

Superintendent Don Brantley's wife is Tyneshia's teacher. Jan Brantley said, "She was always smiling, always ready to give me a hug. She was a happy child, loved school."

Counseling has been offered to students. But even adults, are uneasy.

Mr. Brantley said, "I wasn't part of the investigation, I would like so
me closure on the situation."

Police are awaiting results in a state investigation. They should get answers next week. But people are still asking questions, especially the young ones.

Mrs. B
rantley said, "One of my students asked me a minute ago, if God could do anything why couldn't he make this right?"

Mrs.Brantley said only God knows for sure...and that's how she comforts herself...and her students.

It's the Klan's retaliation for indicting Edgar Ray Killen. Dem ebil white boys sure am sneaky!

T.N.B.

Originally posted by Tyrone N. Butts@Jan 15 2005, 08:29 AM
3rd grader, Tyneshia Jackson was found hanging in her closet by a jump rope.
I respect the visions of all minority interior designers - this does sound like an effective way to utilize that unused closet space.

There is an odor on this one.

I never heard of a 3rd grader hanging herself.

The devil runs rampent amoung the jigs.

Death of Union girl, 9, found hanged under investigation

Investigators are trying to determine whether a 9-year-old Union girl found hanged by a jump rope in her bedroom closet earlier this month was killed, took her own life or was an accident victim.

An autopsy performed on Tanesia Jackson, 362 North St., ruled the hanging caused the girl's death, but the autopsy failed to determine if the hanging was criminal, accidental, or suicidal, said Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain.

A relative found Tanesia, a third-grader at Union Elementary School, Jan. 6, Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain said. Tanesia was pronounced dead two days later, Neshoba County Coroner Allen Collins said. The onl
y visible injuries were to her neck, where ro
pe marks were obvious, he said. The injury is estimated to have occurred between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Jan. 6, he said.

Because of the unusual way she died, Collins said he was waiting on a police report "before I rule on a manner," Collins said. "This is an unusual one. You don't see this every day."

The Union Police Department asked the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation to assist in the case, Strain said. Union Police Chief Mike Bryant could not be reached for comment.

"The Bureau of Investigation is interviewing people in this case and the Crime Lab is processing evidence," Strain said. "We have several leads and we are trying to verify or refute those leads."

Lisa Jackson, Tanesia's mother, did not return phone calls.

Tanesia's death rocked the school, where about 350 students attend kindergarten through fourth grade, said Attendance Center Principal Joey Ezelle. T
anesia received her report card the day she was found hanged and learned she failed her math class, Ezelle said.

"The mother's explanation was she was upset about the report card and sent Tanesia to her bedroom for punishment," Ezelle said.

I bet da mammy hanged her.

T.N.B.

Back