Negro arrested again on dog-fighting charges

White Boy

Registered
http://www.theneworleanschannel.com/news/4238624/detail.html

2435871_200X150.jpg

N.O. East Man Arrested Again On Dog-Fighting Charges

POSTED: 11:33 am CST February 28, 2005
UPDATED: 5:49 pm CST February 28, 2005

NEW ORLEANS -- Police officers and SPCA workers responded Monday to an anonymous tip about dog fighting in New Orleans East.

After almost two months of surveillance, officers swarmed a home in the 4700 block of Evangeline Street, seizing 12 dogs and a cat. The dogs, many of them scarred from fighting, were said to be malnourished and living in deplorable conditions in a back yard and garage.

"It was very wet, very muddy," said SPCA worker Kathryn Destreza. "
They had short chains, no water, no food. A couple of were standing in mud puddles."

"There's dog feces throughout portions
of the house that I went in," said State Police spokesman Trooper Omar Landrum. "There's a strong odor from the time you hit the door."

Cleveland Harris, 45, faces 12 counts of dog-fighting and 12 counts of animal cruelty. He also faces drug charges in connection with a substance used to strengethen the animals.

"On the back of several of the cages there is fresh blood splattered," said SPCA Director Laura Maloney. "So the dogs clearly had been injured at some point."

Since 2003, Harris has been arrested three times on similar charges. Maloney recalled a raid in August 2003.

"Sixteen people were arrested that night at that dog fight," Maloney said. "We did a search warrant on his home. He had 19 dogs, tapes, dog-fighting paraphernalia."

Harris said his arrest Monday was the
result of a "vendetta" by the SPCA.

The SPCA said the dogs, mostly pit bulls, likely will have to be euthanized because dogs used in fights usually cannot be rehabilitated as pets.

A conviction for felony dog-figh
ting carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $25,000 fine.

"There's dog feces throughout portions of the house that I went in," said State Police spokesman Trooper Omar Landrum. "There's a strong odor from the time you hit the door."

That reminds me of my favorite nigger joke.

Q: What's the difference between a nigger and dog poop?
A: Dog poop eventually turns white and stops stinking!

T.N.B.

Back