Nig Whines Over Speeding Ticket; "I Wuz Profiled!"

Rick Dean

Registered

http://www.cleveland.com/crime/plaindealer...80146167150.xml

Another n-gger who thinks he should be exempt from the law because of the color of his skin. <_<

Indians player says police officer 'profiled' him

01/07/04

Karen Farkas
Plain Dealer Reporter

Cuyahoga Falls- Indians outfielder Milton Bradley was accused of driving more than twice the speed limit
but the angry ballplayer figured police had another reason for stopping him, according to a report.

It's because he's black, he told police.

Bradley, 25, was charged with dr

ivin
g 52 mph in a 25-mph zone and failure to comply, for driving away without signing his ticket. He is scheduled to go on trial Thursday, Jan. 15, in Cuyahoga Falls Municipal Court.

On Tuesday, Judge Lisa Coates refused to dismiss the failure to comp
ly charge, saying the issue should be raised after the prosecutor presents his evidence at trial. The motion for dismissal, filed by Bradley's attorney, included a report by Cuyahoga Falls police officer Edwin Dennis, who stopped Bradley at 2:50 a.m. Aug. 30 on State Road.

According to the report, Bradley "stepped out of his car and started cursing, stating I was being racial, I was 'profiling him' because he had California plates and because he was a black male."

Dennis told Bradley, of Long Beach, Calif., that
he was speeding and asked him to get back in his car.

Bradley continued to swear and denied he was speeding, the report said.

When Bradley handed Dennis his license, he also handed
him
his Indians
player card, stating, "Yeah, I'm Milton Bradley with the Cleveland Indians. . . . Why are you stopping me?"

Dennis said he asked Bradley for his Social Security number, which was not on the license. Bradley refused but gave him a previous speeding citation from Westlake tha
t had the number, according to the report.

Dennis returned the Westlake citation to Bradley and asked him to sign the Cuyahoga Falls citation, but Bradley closed his window and drove away, Dennis wrote.

Dennis and a backup officer, Dan Randall, followed Bradley, with lights and sirens on, at the speed limit for more than two miles until Bradley drove into Stow.

Bradley's attorney contends that Randall told a dispatcher Bradley may have thought he received the Cuyahoga Falls cita
tion when the officer handed the Westlake ticket back to him.

So Bradley had no reason to think the lights and sirens were directed at him as the officers followed him, attorney Rober
t McInt
yre said. McIntyre
had no comment Tuesday.

Bradley paid $115 on Sept. 3 for the Westlake ticket, according to Rocky River Municipal Court records.

To reach this Plain Dealer reporter:

Back