WM, 40 officer executed Wellston, MO market by a bad check writing negro

voiceofreason

Senior News Editor since 2011
https://www.kmov.com/news/suspect-a...cle_26b0b222-9600-11e9-acbd-bfa501446323.html

OFFICER KILLED
Man charged in 'execution' of North County Cooperative officer
Officer Michael Langsdorf had been on the force for 3 month

Posted on Jun 24, 2019

5d10fafe3575b.image.jpg

WELLSTON, Mo. (KMOV.com) – A North Carolina man with a lengthy criminal history fatally shot a North County Police Cooperative officer responding a report of a bad check inside a Wellston market Sunday,police said.

The shooting

North County Cooperative Police Officer Michael Langsdorf was called to Clay’s Wellston Food Market in the 6200 block of Page shortly after 4:30 p.m. after receiving a report of someone writing a bad check.

After arriving at the scene, the 40-year-old officer was confronted by the suspect, identified as Bonette Kymbrelle Meeks, during which a struggle ensued inside the store near the counter, according to police. Video surveillance inside the store reportedly captured the entire incident as it unfolded.

Police said during the struggle, the officer and suspect ended up on the floor. Major Ron Martin described the following moments during a press conference Monday morning:

At some point Officer Langsdorf was on top of Meeks, I don’t know how, looking at the video, Mr. Meeks was able to do it, but he was able to pull a gun from his waistband, strike Officer Langsdorf in the side of the head a few times, which caused Officer Langsdorf to be in kind of a daze and lose his hold on Mr. Meeks. Mr. Meeks was able to stand up and stand over Officer Langsdorf as Officer Langsdorf was on the ground facedown, stomach down. Mr. Meeks had the gun in his hand, pointed the gun to the back of Officer Langsdorf’s head and fired one shot.

Martin said the bullet struck Officer Langsdorf in the neck, traveled to his spinal cord and out his front chest. The officer was then rushed to Barnes-Jewish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 5:15 p.m.

“Mr. Meeks was successful in executing a cop yesterday, and a good one," said Martin.

Through tears Martin expressed gratitude to all the responding agencies and those at the market who helped Langsdorf get aid.

Meeks was later arrested in the 6220 block of Page. He was reportedly still carrying the gun used to fatally shoot Officer Langsdorf.

The suspect

Bonette Kymbrelle Meeks came to the St. Louis-area from North Carolina. During a press conference Monday morning, police said they believed Meeks came to the area earlier this year after spending most of his adulthood in North Carolina.

According to police, Meeks has been convicted of multiple felonies in North Carolina.

"I can tell you its an extensive, extensive criminal history and violent,"
said Major Martin.

The 26-year-old suspect was not injured during the incident.

Monday morning, police said Meeks confessed to murdering Langsdorf.

The suspect has been charged with murder first, armed criminal action, unlawful possession of a firearm and felony resisting arrest. No bond was set.

https://www.kmov.com/news/i-apologi...cle_a39735d8-9a0e-11e9-8fba-2b2452fd71c5.html

'I apologize for what happened;' Person of interest in shooting of Ofc. Langsdorf admits he was at shooting scene
Posted on Jun 28, 2019

5d16d9db1c4a7.image.jpg

ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- A person of interest in the fatal shooting of a local police officer was booked in the St. Ann Jail Friday evening.

Kawynn Smith is a person of interest in the investigation of the fatal shooting of North County Cooperative Officer Michael Langsdorf.

READ: Man charged in 'execution' of North County Cooperative officer

News 4’s Venton Blandin was the only reporter present minutes before Smith was processed.

"I was in the car, but I did not know what was going on inside," Smith said.

Smith admitted he was outside Clay’s Wellston Food Market moments before Bonette Kymbrelle Meeks shot and killed Langsdorf on June 23.

Smith said he was in the passenger seat with Meeks that afternoon. According to court documents, Smith has a history of writing bad checks dating back to the 1980s.

"I had found some checks. I gave them to [Meeks] and he wanted to go cash them," Smith said.

"Was that a good check?" News 4's Venton Blandin asked.

"No," Smith responded.

Smith admitted to knowing about the bad check Langsdorf was called to the store about. Meeks was trying to cash the check when he allegedly shot Langsdorf.

When asked why he gave the check to Meeks, Smith said, "Just stupid, I guess. Stupid on my part."

Smith said he didn't know Officer Langsdorf was killed until a couple of days later.

"I apologize for what happened," Smith said. "I did not know that was going to happen. Nothing like that. I do apologize. I honestly do."

Smith said he left before the shooting and never heard gunshots. He told Meeks he had to go home, so he left the car and walked to catch a bus ride home.

"I didn't know the guy was going to go in there and shoot nobody," Smith said. "If I could trade places with the guy, I would. I truly would."

Smith later revealed Meeks is his wife's cousin, but he said he had just recently met him.

BLACK-ON-WHITE: BLACK Killer of WHITE Officer Langsdorf sentenced to life in prison
🔥Hell Fire
BLACK SUSPECT
🔥Hell Fire
5x150-spacer.jpg
victim name
Bonette Meeks was found guilty in June of second-degree murder, one count of armed criminal action, unlawful possession of a firearm and resisting arrest in the death of North County Police Cooperative Officer Michael Langsdorf.

Defense attorneys for Meeks were seeking the minimum sentence of 10 years, citing Meeks' PTSD diagnosis and saying Meeks' constitutional rights were violated in the incident. Prosecutors asked for two life sentences plus 17 years.

On June 23, 2019, Langsdorf was responding to a call for a bad check at Wellston Food Market on 6520 Page Ave. He was shot inside the store during a struggle with the suspect.

Langsdorf's parents, fiancé and daughter all testified at the sentencing hearing Wednesday.

Meeks has remained stoic through the testimonies of the parents, fiancé and now daughter. He’s looked forward at the wall or down the entire time.

— Rhyan J. Henson (@rhyan_henson) September 21, 2022 Langsdorf was a 17-year law enforcement veteran and father of two teenagers.

He had been with the police cooperative for three months.

(Black-on-White)

Back