Offenders of Middle Eastern Appearance

When duress is no argument for rape
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/when-d...0283949222.html

This is unbelievable! A detailed description of the sexual torture of a 17yo girl by at least 4 Turkish animals. And, the slithering attempts of their lawyers to blame anyone but them. Of course the girl should have been raised not to go home with animals like this. Another victim of multiculturalism.

Unfortunately the article is presented as some knid of leagal study of "moral and criminal responsibility". Not nearly enough condemnation of the barbaric animals for my liking.

A trial has thrown into sharp relief the fine line between m
oral and criminal responsibility, writes Geesche Jacobsen.

THE two men say they were scared. Their friend seemed to be "going berserk", smashing up h
is flat, yelling and hitting a female friend. They say they did not know what to do.

So they went along with him when he demanded the girl have oral sex with them.

But both stopped the sexual acts after a few seconds and apologised to the 17-year-old girl straight away, a court was told.

Nevertheless, in a case that centred on the line between criminal responsibility and the excuse of "duress", a jury found them guilty of gang rape, and both now could face long prison terms, one even life in jail.

The girl, known only as AB, had met a group of young men at a bowling alley in July 2004. They became friends, and started partying together. She visited the Rosebery flat three of them shared, they t
ook drugs and chatted late into the nights.

Then, early in the morning of July 30, the leader of the group, Canan Eken, came home very drunk and was "not himself".

AB pretended to be asleep in a bedroom when Eken walked in and pushed her head towards his
crotch. She resisted and he allegedly started punching her.

He then allegedly ordered her to perform oral sex on his flatmate Bulent Topcu, 28.

Topcu's voice quivered when he told the jury Eken had said in Turkish: "Bulent, I will kill you. Pull your pants down. I will kill you."

But AB insisted Eken's Turkish words were directed to her, not Topcu. She did as Eken had told her, but as soon as he left the room, the sex stopped.

"[Topcu] got up and he said 'just pretend
that I came in the tissues' and then he spat into [a tissue] and said 'I'll tell him that I did it'," AB told the District Court last month.

"He said that he was sorry and just to go along with it so I don't get hurt any more," she said during her evidence.

Topcu told the jury he had been stabbed on an Auburn street six months earlier and had turned to Eken, a man who allegedly associated with the Rebel motorcycle gang, had guns and dealt in drugs, to feel safe.

But Eken, who had told him he
was on steroids, had never acted like this before, Topcu said.

"I saw [Eken's] knife. I didn't want to get stabbed again. I nearly died once. I just wanted the whole thing to be over. I couldn't move from my seat. I couldn't do nothing. I couldn't stop it. I was too scared."

AB said Eken soon returned to the bedroom and dragged her into the smashed-up living room, where there were two other young men: E
ken's other flatmate, Mustapha Dagdanasar, and Chrisovalantis Papadopoulos, whom she did not know.

Eken allegedly ordered her to pull down Papadopoulos's pants and perform oral sex on him.

Papadopoulos claimed she took the initiative, while he said "no", but AB denied this, saying he pulled down his pants himself.

"I was in hysterics, I couldn't breathe properly [because of asthma] "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ and I was crying," AB said. She said Eken hit her on the head with the handle of a knife.

"Billy [Topcu] or Mace [Dagdanasar] got up and said that was en
ough, but [Eken] told them to shut up," AB said.

Soon Eken allegedly ordered the two to have intercourse and they went to the bedroom.

Papadopoulos, 27, denied intercourse took place
, but AB said it did and she pushed him off her after 20 seconds, when he hugged her and apologised.

Papadopoulos said he was a religious man and he cried in court when recounting he had tried to leave the flat but was ordered by Eken to sit down.

"I obeyed him because of the way he was acting before and the way he was screaming. He seemed to have something in his hand when he pointed," he said.

Soon after this, AB escaped and called for help. It was about 3am.

When police arrived and broke down the door of the flat they found four young men, Eken, Topcu, Papadopoulos and Dagdanasar, hiding under a doona, fully dressed. The television and wall unit had been smashed, posters of Kemal Ataturk and Che Guevara torn off the wall, and a window broken when a James Brown doll was thrown out, the
court heard.

AB said the young men should have stood up to Eken
and tried to prevent the violence or the sexual activity. But Barry Cross, barrister for Papadopoulos, argued: "[Eken] acted in a frightening and terrifying way. In a way that was not only frightening and terrifying to her but to those who she was forced to perform sexual acts with."

Lawyers for both men had argued that their clients had not acted voluntarily, but under duress because they had felt threatened, acted in a way a reasonable person might act in such circumstances, and could not escape.

But the jury of eight women and four men did not accept the excuse and convicted Topcu of gang rape, carrying a maximum term of life imprisonment, and Papadopoulos of two lesser rape charges, with a maximum 20 years for each. Both are to be sentenced in March, but are likely to appeal.

When Eken appeared in court on Thursday, the Crown prosecutor, Kara Shead, told the court: &
quot;It is anticipated a guilty plea w
ill be entered "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦" Judge Anthony Puckeridge adjourned his case for sentence on April 20.[/b]

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/when-d...222.html?page=2

Eken allegedly ordered her to pull down Papadopoulos's pants and perform oral sex on him.

Papadopoulos claimed she took the initiative, while he said "no", but AB denied this, saying he pulled down his pants himself.

"I was in hysterics, I couldn't breathe properly [because of asthma] "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ and I was crying," AB said. She said Eken hit her on the head with the handle of a knife.

"Billy [Topcu] or Mace [Dagdanasar] got up and said that was enough, but [Eken] told them to shut up,&qu
ot; AB said.

Soon Eken allegedly ordered the two to have intercourse and they went to the bedroom.

Papadopoulos, 27, denied intercourse took place, but AB said it did and she pushed him off her after 20 seconds, when he
hugged her and apologised.

Papadopoulos said he was a religious man and he cried in court when recounting he had tried to leave the flat but was ordered by Eken to sit down.

"I obeyed him because of the way he was acting before and the way he was screaming. He seemed to have something in his hand when he pointed," he said.

Soon after this, AB escaped and called for help. It was about 3am.

When police arrived and broke down the door of the flat they found four young men, Eken, Topcu, Papadopoulos and Dagdanasar, hiding under a doona, fully dressed. The television and wall unit had been smashed, posters of Kemal Ataturk and Che Guevara torn off the wall, and a window broken when a James Brown doll was thrown out, the cou
rt heard.

AB said the young men should have stood up to Eken and tried to prevent the violence or the sexual activity. But Barry Cross, barrister for Papadopoulos, argued: "[Eken] acted in a frightening and terrifying way. In a way that was not only frightening and terrifying t
o her but to those who she was forced to perform sexual acts with."

Lawyers for both men had argued that their clients had not acted voluntarily, but under duress because they had felt threatened, acted in a way a reasonable person might act in such circumstances, and could not escape.

But the jury of eight women and four men did not accept the excuse and convicted Topcu of gang rape, carrying a maximum term of life imprisonment, and Papadopoulos of two lesser rape charges, with a maximum 20 years for each. Both are to be sentenced in March, but are likely to appeal.

When Eken appeared in court on Thursday, the Crown prosecutor, Kara Shead, told the court: "It is anticipated a g
uilty plea will be entered "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦" Judge Anthony Puckeridge adjourned his case for sentence on April 20.[/b]

Trial told of secret al-Qaeda number
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/tri...0284007938.html

ALLEGED terrorist Joseph Terrence Thomas was given a secret al-Qaeda telephone number to memorise because he had agreed to act for the terror network, prosecutor Nick Robinson said yesterday.

Despite instructions not to record the number, Thomas made a coded reference to it in a notebook that was found when he was detained by Pakistani authorities in January 2003.

Thomas told federal police he was given the number during a meeting with senior al-Qa
eda figure Khaled bin Attash, who also organised an air ticket for him to return to Australia.

In his closing statement, Mr Robinson told jurors to disregard Thomas' claims that he had never pledged allegiance to
or committed to join al-Qaeda.

He said that Thomas both trusted al-Qaeda figures and was trusted by them, staying with associates of the group for almost two years, including a period when he regarded himself as a fugitive.

"Bin Attash would not have given such information unless he had an agreement (from Thomas)," Mr Robinson said. He said that a senior al-Qaeda figure would not have given out a number that was meant to be secret unless he had some agreement with Thomas.

"(Thomas) trusted them. He stayed with them. He went, it seems, to different safe houses "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ We say he stayed because he wanted to provide them with a resource. At least twice he offered to work for them."

......[/b]
<b
r />

Swedish backpacker 'did not tease'
February 23, 2006

The trial continues. As usual the woman is accused of encouraging the rape. Lawyers who drag the woman's name through the mud to defend animals like this need to be given the same sentence as the animals. Assuming that they are found guilty, of course.

A SWEDISH backpacker who says she was raped after having her drink spiked in a Sydney bar denies she kissed and did a strip tease for her alleged attacker.

The woman, who cannot be named, is one of two women allegedly raped and robbed after having their drinks spiked at Sydney bars in October 2004.
Adel Samadi, 29, of Belmore, and Chebli Djait, 37, of Pea
khurst
, are accused of drugging and stealing the property of tourists from Japan, Korea, Switzerland and Sweden, along with two Sydneysiders and visitors from Perth and Adelaide.

It
is alleged they called themselves Dylan and Andy and used an epilepsy drug to incapacitate their victims before raping two of them.

Mr Samadi is accused of sexually assaulting the Swedish woman after buying her drinks at the Opera Bar at Circular Quay on October 19, the day after she arrived in Sydney from Sweden.

Giving evidence in the New South Wales District Court today, the woman said she suffered from memory blackouts after drinking two cocktails and does not recall much about how she got back to her hostel or what happened after that.

"In relation to the act of sexual intercourse, you don't remember much of what happened in your room?" Mr Samadi's lawyer Bernard Glennon asked the woman.
"That's right," she said

"Do you remember you had started to take off your clothes and were laughing, doing a bit of a strip for this man?" Dr Glennon said.

"No ... I don't think it happened like that," she replied.

"I remember he was on top of me in the bed and I remember he took my pants off
."

The woman said she thought Dylan was "nice enough", but she was not physically or sexually attracted to either him or Andy.

In a statement she gave to police in October 2004 read out in court today she said: "They appeared to be nice enough people but I cannot imagine having enough to drink to feel sexually attracted to them."

Mr Samadi and Mr Djait have pleaded not guilty to 12 counts of administering a stupefying drug with intent to steal.

Mr Djait has also pleaded not guilty to three charges of sexual intercourse without consent, while Mr Samadi has pleaded not guilty to one count of the same charge.

The trial before Judge Robyn Tupman continues tomorrow. [/b]

Woman claims drink spike rape
February 24, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18258173-1242,00.html

How are the nationalities of the victims important? The nationalities of the ALLEDGED middle eastern rapists is not mentioned? Only their names give it away.

A KOREAN woman has told court how she was sexually assaulted after two strangers bought her drinks at a Sydney bar.

The woman, who cannot be named, today gave evidence against Chebli Djait, 37, from Peakhurst, accused of drugging and assaulting her.
Djait and [color=#FF00
00]Adel Samadi[/color], 29, from Belmore, are accused of spiking the drinks of 12 people, including tourists from Japan, Switzerland, Korea and Sweden, and robbing them.

They have pleaded not guilty to administering a stupefying drug with intent to steal, an
d sexual intercourse without consent.

The Downing Centre District Court today heard how the Korean woman had lost her memory after a stranger, who introduced himself as Andy, bought her a Midori and pineapple juice at Sydney's Shark Hotel on October 17, 2004.

"After that I don't remember anything," the woman told the court by videolink from a room outside the courtroom.

Hours later she woke up on a mattress in a room, and says she was sexually assaulted by the man she recognised as Andy.
"He came to me and he started to strip me off," she told the court, sobbing as she gave her evidence.

"I felt happy and dizzy. I just coul
dn't move at all.

"I told him `Don't do that' ... (but) he just kept taking my clothes off."

She said she remembered the assault lasting about five minutes before she lapsed into unconsciousness.

When she came to, she said, Andy forced her to perform oral sex before again forcing her to have intercourse.

"I was a little bit awake but I couldn't move so
I just told him `Use a condom'," she said.

The next day the woman realised her camera was missing, and two friends with whom she had been drinking the previous night had lost a mobile phone and wallet.

The trial continues. [/b]

Three questioned over kicking assault
February 25, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18272998-1243,00.html

I am thinking about starting a topic like the "Suspected TNB". This story was all over the news for days before the press slipped up and added the expected "of middle eastern appearance". There were also four separate shooting in "gun-free" Australia over the weekend.

Not sure if the brave kickers were responsible for the man being unconscious. It would be just like middle easterners to start kicking an unconscious man they found in the street.

TWO men and a woman have been questioned over an early mor
ning attack on an unconscious man in Melbourne's CBD.

A 26-year-old man was laying unconscious in the gutter on Elizabeth Street, south of Little Bourke Street, when he was kicked by
a group of men about 6am (AEDT), police said.
A second man tried to intervene but the group then turned on him, police said.

Doctors today operated on an injury to his hand.

The first victim was taken from St Vincent's Hospital by his parents before doctors could treat him, hospital spokesman Mike Griffin said.

The victim was conscious when he arrived at hospital, but was believed to have been unconscious for two or three minutes during the attack, he said.

The three people questioned today were arrested about 1.30pm and released by about 4pm, police said.
Police expect to charge the two men, one aged 29 from Wallan, the other, 32, from Macleod.

The woman, 21, of Bundoora, was interviewed and released without charge.

Detectives are loo
king for a third man and are appealing for information. [/b]

Group kick unconscious man
February 25, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18267959-124
3,00.html

Of course they turned on the man who tried to stop them. He was interfering in their holy islamic work.

ATTACKERS continued to kick an unconscious man as he lay in the gutter in an incident in Melbourne, police said.

Police are looking for witnesses to the assault on Elizabeth St, south of Little Bourke St, about 6am (AEDT) today.
Police said one man tried to stop the attack on the 26-year-old but the group turned on him.

Both victims were taken to hospital for treatment.

Members of the group, described by police as being of <!--coloro:#FF
0000-->Middle-Eastern appearance, are believed to have left the scene in a yellow car.

Ambulance spokesman Ray Rowe said one victim was taken to St Vincent's hospital.

Details about his condition were not known. [/b]

'Good Samaritan' bashed in city
February 26, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/st
ory/0,10117,18274299-1243,00.html

I sincerely hope the NZ SAS man gave them a thorough beating.

And this article suggests the muslim animals DID find the man unconscious and then start kicking him. The brave, brave, muslim "men".

A "good Samaritan" was bashed as he went to the aid of an unconscious m
an being attacked by a gang of up to eight men in a city street.

The New Zealand SAS member needed surgery after defending a stranger he saw being punched and kicked as he lay in Elizabeth St about 6am yesterday.

The attack came hours after a man was stabbed in the head with a screwdriver in a separate attack in Collins St.

Police yesterday appealed for witnesses after reports a gang of "middle eastern looking men" continued to kick an eastern suburbs man, 26, as he lay unconscious for about three minutes.[/b]

Missed train ended in fatal attack
February 25, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18264891-1243,00.html

This story has been very big in the media. Apparently random murder in a busy place in day light. The offender was immediately caught so no descripti
on was released. It was not until I saw him led from court that his middle eastern appearance was revealed.

So now, just as we are supposed to understand the muslim reaction to the cartoons, we can now understand that this was not a random murder. It was just another muslim doing what islam preaches.

A TRAGIC twist of fate in missing his train left a devoted dad the victim of a fatal knife attack. Darren Jones, 28, died in an apparently random stabbing as he read sheet music aboard a train after a day's classes at the Victoria College of the Arts.

Mr Jones, who has a toddler son Jett with partner Kate Salisbury, would be alive today had he caught the 12.20pm to Belgrave.
But he missed that train by minutes and caught the next one 15 minutes later.

As his carriage arrive
d at Box Hill station, Mr Jones was stabbed three times by a man he had never met. He died on the platfor
m.

"He wasn't even supposed to be there," said Ray Seamer, his brother-in-law.

"He did nothing wrong. He wouldn't have hurt a fly."

Recovering drug user Cory James Acuna, 23, of Kilsyth, was remanded in custody when he appeared in Melbourne Magistrates' Court yesterday charged with the murder of Mr Jones on Thursday.
Mr Jones performed on guitar three or four times a week around Belgrave and Healesville and also taught music.

Family said he and Ms Salisbury had been together for years and doted over Jett, who turns two in May.

Mr Jones spent as much time as he could with his son and had begun to instil his love of music in the boy.

"Jett's not even two yet but he can pick up the sticks and play the drums," Mr Seamer said.

"It was just Jett and home and work and life and music. That was it."

Mr Seamer said Ms Salisbury was distraught.

She went to the C
oroner's Court wit
h Darren's parents yesterday to identify his body and say goodbye.

"He missed his first train coming home and caught that one. He'd just missed the other one by a couple of minutes," Mr Seamer said.

Mr Seamer said police had told him Mr Jones was doing nothing to provoke trouble.

"He was sitting there reading his music," he said. "He was almost asleep, minding his own business.

"There was nothing (to provoke the attack).

"He (the attacker) just got up, stabbed him and got off the train."

Mr Seamer said the family were deeply concerned about how Kate and Jett would be able to support themselves.

They are due to move out of their rented Belgrave property in 10 days and relied on income from Darren's gigs.

"They'd just got another house to rent, which they can't afford without Darren's money coming in, and she's got to support the
little fella," Mr Seamer said.

The tight-knit Belgrave community was still in shock yesterday.

Friends gathered to console each other at local ni
ghtspot the Aztec Bar, where Mr Jones played every week.

On Thursday night, in an emotional tribute to their mate, musicians played into the evening.

Kate's grandmother, Helen Guthrie, said Mr Jones was a gentle, talented man who always had a smile on his face.

"Music was his life, and his little son and my granddaughter," Mrs Guthrie said. "It's just amazing. It's like you're there in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Mr Acuna's lawyer, Tessa Theocharous, told yesterday's brief court hearing her client had some mental health issues but had not recently received treatment.

Mr Acuna, who was arrested at Box Hill station minutes after the attack on Mr Jones, was also withdrawing from amphetamines, she said.

Magistrate Jelena Popovic
ordered that Mr Acuna see a custody nurse as soon as possible. He will appear in court again on May 18.

Commuters expressed concern yesterday about safety on the Belgrave and Lilydale lines.

At Box Hill station, where Mr Jones died, travellers said
they felt nervous and would pay closer attention to their personal safety.

Rebecca Mitchell, 20, a student at Box Hill TAFE, said she was shocked and surprised by the fatal attack.

"We're just a bit freaked out, trying to comprehend that this sort of thing can happen," she said.

George Fotis, 29, of Blackburn, said he often encountered troublemakers and avoided the train at high-risk times.

"Drunks and people on drugs, they think they own the carriage," he said.[/b]

Verdicts no victory for Thomas, Ruddock says
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200602/s1578773.htm

Thanks to veritas1616 for bring the name "Jihad Jack" to my attention. Perfect name for this idiot. Happily he is guilty and now faces upto 25 years in prison. That should be plenty of time for him to finish reading the koran.

Federal Attorney-General Philip Ruddock says a Victorian man found guilty of a terrorism offence has not enjoyed a victory in court, despite being acquitted on other charges.

Joseph Terrence Thomas of Werribee was yesterday found guilty of receiving money and a plane ticket home from Al Qaeda after training with the terrorist group in Afghanistan.
<
br />His lawyers say they are celebrating his acquittal on charges of offering to work for Osama Bin Laden.

Mr Ruddock says the proven charge is serious.

"I don't see that as any form of victory for the individual. The individual has been convicted of a terrorist offence. I see that as very significant," he said.

Thomas, 32, was also found guilty of having the dates on a Pakastani visa changed to disguise how long he had been in the region.

He has been remanded in custody to face a pre-sentence hearing on Thursday.

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) says the verdict proves it was not just a trophy trial, as Thomas's lawyers described it to the jury.

A spokeswoman for Commissioner Mick Keelty says it represents a step forward in the fight against terrorism and followed an extensive and complex investigation by agents. [/b]

Gesture was fatal: police
March 4, 2006
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/gestur...1191849375.html

This is all it takes to offend delicate muslim pride. Typical insecure muslim overreaction. Although muslims killing mulims, who cares?

A MISUNDERSTANDING about the intended recipient of a rude gesture led to a murder , police said in Parramatta Local Court yesterday.

Police said a gesture from a passing car by Robin Nassour, 34, was meant for his brother George, 36, an actor in the SBS comedy Pizza, who was outside an Oxford Street night club, DMC, with a
bouncer, Michael Ibrahim, 27, of Dover Heights. The brothers had allegedly been refused entry.

The brothers Mouhamed Tajjour, 22, and Sleiman Simon Tajjour, 25, of Merryl
ands, were charged with murdering Robin Nassour and wounding his brother at the Nautica apartments, in Chiswick, on January 2, where the victims were summoned to resolve the issue, police said.

The accused, like Ibrahim in Waverley Local Court on Wednesday, were refused bail and will appear in Central Local Court on March 16.[/b]

Seven separate stabbing incidents in Melbourne in the last three days. One death. Not one mention of race. Not one description of any offender. Names are printed where victims have Anglo names. Names of arrested suspects not printed.

I have not bothered to include articles. I will if the truth is printed. I assume it was a busy weekend for people of middle eastern appearance and that the media is being sensitive to their special needs.

Cop tells of road assault
Kate Uebergang
07mar06
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...55E2862,00.html

Four on one. These brave middle easterners like to work at the lower end of the gang bashing ratio.

AN off-duty police officer thought four men were going to kill him during a night roadside attack, a court heard yesterday.

Sen-Constable Simon Busuttil, 38, told Melbourne Magistrates' Court he tried to shield himself from a flurry of punches and kicks as he was set upon by four men.
"I was really scared. I remember thinking these men were going to kill me," he said. "I was unable to strike back."

Sen-Con
stable Busuttil was knocked unconscious and received a broken nose and multiple bruises on July 28 last year.

Kemal Ciloglou, 21, of Meadow Heights, Ugur Duran, 34,
of South Melbourne, Ersoy Vural, 28, of Coolaroo and Vural Vuralhan, 35, of Coolaroo, each face seven charges including intentionally causing serious injury and assault.

Sen-Constable Busuttil told the court he was assaulted after pulling his car over to the side of the road following a collision with a white utility about 10.30pm in Coolaroo.

The father of one said he was attempting to exchange information with the other driver when he was hit from behind.

"It was just a flurry of punches. I tried to get away . . . The last point I recall is a kick to the head.

"I know there were four people around me . . . I was surrounded."

The preliminary hearing before Magistrat
e Lesley Fleming continues today. [/b]

Driver penalty appeal
Geoff Wilkinson
07mar06

We have met this criminal before. Hopefully thi
s time he will go to jail or be sent to Sudan.

AN appeal has been lodged against the suspended sentence given to a drink-driver who crashed into a school playground.

Attorney-General Rob Hulls yesterday confirmed the appeal against the sentence handed down in the County Court last month on Sudanese refugee Taban Gany.
Director of Public Prosecutions Paul Coghlan, QC, is believed to have argued the sentence was ma
nifestly inadequate.

Judge Peter Gebhardt handed down a three-year, wholly suspended, sentence on Gany, 32, and cancelled his driving licence for three years.

Gany had a blood alcohol reading of 0.175 at the time of the crash, was driving while disqualified and had two previous drink-driving convictions.

One child lost a foot and three others were seriously injured in the crash, at Dandenong West Primary School on May 19 last year. [/b]

After a busy weekend of stabbings in Melbourne the names are starting to appear. Multiculturalism shows its true colours (pun intended). I will post them here even though the names don't appear middle eastern (one is confirmed Sri Lankan). I don't think it makes much difference.....

Stab case man held
March 8, 2006
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/sta...1701510859.html

A MAN charged with murder after a triple stabbing in Spotswood last weekend sat impassively in court yesterday.

A lawyer for John Taleski, 28, told the Melbourne Magistrates Cou
rt that his client could have mental health issues and should see a psychiatric nurse in custody.

Taleski was charged after three men were stabbed near Scienceworks about 5.30pm on Saturday at Riverside Park on Douglas Parad
e.

Benjamin Rootes, 27, died at the scene. His friends Lee Halam and Scott Howard, both 27, received serious stab wounds.

Taleski has been charged with attempting to murder Mr Halam and Mr Howard. Prosecutor Kim Swadesir said the brief of evidence against Taleski would be served by May 4.

Chief Magistrate Ian Gray remanded Taleski to appear again for a committal mention on June 15.[/b]

Couple die on front lawn
Patrick O'Neil, Shelley Hodgson and Mark Buttler
08mar06

<div class='quo
tetop'>QUOTE</div>
A MAN was arrested last night over the stabbing murder of an elderly couple in front of their daughter and grandson in a quiet suburban street.

The husband and wife, both in their 70s, died after being stabbed several times on the front lawn of their home, in Pauline Court, Hallam.
Their son-in-law, [color=#FF0
000]Sarath Hettiarachchi[/color], 46, was arrested in South Oakleigh and was being questioned late last night by homicide detectives at the St Kilda Rd police complex.

Earlier, paramedics worked frantically on the couple for 40 minutes after arriving at 12.30pm but could not save them because of the number of stab wounds.

Ms Artiga said the woman had said her parents were on holiday from Sri Lanka and she did not know how to tell her brothers and sisters back home that their mother was dead.

[/b]

Spiking accused 'suffered epilepsy'
March 08, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18389741-1242,00.html

Amazing what the slithering lawyers will come up with. Maybe they are implying that the victims of these ALLEDGED rapists were taking this drug too. That is why they forgot that they gave consent to be robbed and raped.

A MAN accused of drugging, raping and then robbing at least three women has told a Sydney court he suffers from epilepsy and is taking medication for depression.

Chebli Djait, 37, from Peakhurst, and Adel Samadi, 29, from Belmore, are ac
cused of spiking the drinks of 12 people with Clonazepam in six separate incidents in October 2004, including tourists from Japan, Switzerland, Korea and Sweden.

Commonly known as Rivotril, the anti-epilepsy medication slows re
sponses and causes temporary amnesia and sleepiness.

The pair has pleaded not guilty to administering a stupefying drug with intent to steal, and having sexual intercourse without consent.

Mr Djait told Downing Centre District Court today he was taking the drug Rivotril to treat his epilepsy and depression.

"Sometimes I fall on the floor unable to get up ' I take this medication," he told the court through an interpreter.

"I also suffer from depression."
In addition, he said the drug was used to treat an injury sustained during a scaffolding accident on a construction site in early 2004 that had left him unemployed.

The Algerian national said he moved to Australia in 1998 and spoke French and Ara
bic.

He said his Peakhurst bedsit was often visited by Mr Samadi, who was able to enter the house through the backyard without a key.

The trial before Judge Robyn Tupman continues.[/b]

Lebanese shooting accused not guilty
By Geesche Jacobsen
March 9, 2006
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/lebane...1701574242.html

A MAN who was accused of shooting at a house to murder or injure the head of a rival Australian-Lebanese family has been found not guilty of the crime.

Abdul Darwiche was accused of shooting at the house in Yanderra Street, Condell Park, where Frank Razzak was staying on the night in August 2003.

But the decision by the Supreme Court Justice Virginia Bell is a big blow for Taskforce Gain, the police operation set up soon after this shooting to investigate gang wars in western Sydney.

T
he court had heard that a feud between the Darwiche and Razzak families had revived after the failure of the marriage between Khadige Darwiche, a sister of Abdul, and
Ali Abdul-Razzak, a cousin of Frank Razzak.

The home was allegedly shot at with machine-guns, which left bullet holes in several other houses in the street and damaged a car.

But when police arrived at the home, Mr Razzak denied he had been there when the shooting occurred.

After Ali Abdul-Razzak was shot a few days later near the Lakemba mosque, Frank Razzak went to the police and said he had been present at the time of the shooting but had been afraid.

He then told police he had stepped outside the home after the first round of shots, yelled abuse, and seen two men with guns under a street light.

He told police he immediately identified them as Abdul Darwiche and another man.

The case, which was heard by a judge alone after the jury was discharged for legal reasons, ended yester
day after the judge decided there was not enough evidence to establish beyond reasonable doubt that Darwiche was guilty.[/b]

Mother drugged and left for dead
Woman's dream cruise became a nightmare

By Geesche Jacobsen
March 10, 2006
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/cruise...1701634118.html

I'm not sure of the nationalities of the alledged offenders here. However, drugged, raped, photographed, murdered women. 8 men involved. Sound familiar? The names so far "Mark Wilhelm" and "Letterio Silvestri".

Of course, I will delete this entry if it shown that it should not be here.

DIANNE BRIMBLE had saved for the trip of a lifetime for at least two years.

Days before leaving on the 10-day cruise to Port Vila s
he began having nightmares and became afraid about going, a court was told yesterday.

And less than 24 hours after boarding the Pacific Sky in Sydney in 2002, she was dead.

She was
"killed by some person or persons supplying her an illegal dose of a date rape drug for their own sexual gratification for sexual assault and abuse", Ron Hoenig, counsel assisting, told the Glebe Coroners Court yesterday.

"As a result, she was subject to terrible degradation to which no human being, let alone a female, should be subjected."

Mrs Brimble was described as a devoted mother of three, who was sexually prudish and never left her drink unattended.

But the Queensland woman, 42, loved to dance and was vivacious and friendly, friends told the court. She had gone on the cruise with her 12-year-old daughter, sister and niece, and two families she was friendly with.

They started with drinks at the "sail-away party" on the ship's d
eck, followed by dinner. Then she went to the bar and disco.

By 8.30am she was found partially dressed in a cabin shared by four male passengers, who were part of a group of eight men with whom she had been seen dancing until 4.20am.

The deputy State Coroner,
Jacqueline Milledge, said that depending on the evidence she might terminate the inquest and recommend charges against "a known person or persons".

One of the men in the group of eight, Mark Wilhelm, later told police he and another member of the group, Letterio Silvestri, had had consensual sex with Mrs Brimble after leaving the disco.

He told police he later ran naked through the corridor and went to a nearby cabin occupied by four women.

When he returned to his cabin Mrs Brimble lay on the floor. He said he checked her pulse, put her into the shower, tried to resuscitate her and then called for medical help.

In a statement he read to police on board the cruise liner, Mr Silves
tri did not mention having sex with Mrs Brimble. He said that when he woke up Mrs Brimble was lying next to him on his bed and he pushed her off.

Mr Hoenig said the women in the nearby cabin had told police some of the men had visited their room about 5am and had shown them photographs of Mr Wilhelm having sex with Mr
s Brimble. Some women said they were invited by some of the men to have a look at Mrs Brimble lying naked on the floor of the cabin.

They also said the men offered them a drink of an oily liquid with a pink tinge that they referred to as "fantasy".

Police were also told Mr Silvestri had told some women the next day that when they could not wake Mrs Brimble, they dressed her and planned to return her to her cabin or throw her overboard, but abandoned the plans because of "the traffic" in the corridor.

Mr Hoenig told the court Mrs Brimble had died of the effects of the drug gamma hydroxy- butyrate - otherwise known as GBH or fantasy -
and alcohol toxicity. ""â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ she was preyed upon by some people after having had administered to her a substance that broke her will or interfered with any ability "â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡¦ to say yes or no."

The inquest, held in NSW because the ship left from Sydney and was under NSW jurisdiction until it reached the next port, continues.[/b]

No more cars, court warns boy, 12
Natalie Tkaczuk Sikora
11mar06

For a second I thought I was in the USA watching TNB. Television showed our hero swaggering out of court without a care in the world. Crotch of his jeans around his knees, sneakers shuffling along, you know the look. Rarely do I see a child more desparately in need of a thorough spanking.

A 12-YEAR-OLD road menace caught driving by police five times in one week was yesterday ordered to sell his car and stay in school to avoid being locked up.

The boy, who a Children's Court heard still did not realise the seriousness of his be
haviour, was also banned from getting behind the wheel of a car.
A magistrate told the youth he had four months to clean up his act and stay away fro
m cars or he could end up behind bars.

The court heard the boy was caught driving at 40km/h over the limit, running red lights, mounting a gutter and becoming airborne; he also gave false names to police.

The child, who was born in Sudan and speaks very little English, saved up the money to buy a car by stealing coins from his pensioner mother. He bought the car using a false ID, claiming that he was 19 years old.

The court was told he was on strict bail conditions when he was caught behind the wheel for the sixth time at 4.55am on February 12, breaching his curfew.

Last week he pleaded guilty to 15 charges, including six counts of unlicensed driving.

The court heard the boy was first caught by police a
t 9pm on December 21 last year, driving through a red light.

Less than three hours later he was caught driving 80km/h in a 40km/h zone before braking heavily, mounting a kerb, becoming airborne and fish-tailing.

The next day he was pulled over by the same pol
ice in the same suburb. Six days later police caught the boy at 11pm in another car -- and just 24 hours later he was pulled over again.

The boy spent the past week in jail waiting to be sentenced after a magistrate refused to release him, fearing someone would die if he got behind the wheel again.

Yesterday the magistrate gave the youth one last chance to curb his driving urges.

He deferred sentencing for another four months, but released the boy on strict bail conditions.

Over the next four months he must report weekly to the juvenile justice unit and comply with its directions, stay in school during school hours, and not sit in the driver's seat of a car.

He has als
o been ordered to sell his car within 21 days or hand it over to police.

"If you commit any offences between now and June 30, particularly relating to motor vehicles, I will be sentencing you to a long term in a youth residential centre or a youth training centre," the magistrate warned. The case was adjourned to June
30. [/b]

Two jailed over massive drug crop
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200603/s1589058.htm

Two Adelaide men will spend at least two years in jail for their role in cultivating one of the biggest ever cannabis crops found in New South Wales.

Jim Mouroufas and Michael Nicolitsi, both 55, were sentenced toda
y in the Sydney District Court.

They were found guilty of helping to cultivate a $40 million cannabis plantation at Narrabri in western New South Wales.

The court heard that 2,700 plants were found by police during a raid in April 2004.

Judge Penelope Hock said while the men had played a minor role in the criminal organisation, they were still found guilty of very serious offences.[/b]

Five-year-old girl assaulted: police
March 18, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18515964-1242,00.html

A FIVE-year-old girl was indecently assaulted at a public toilet in Sydney, police said.

The girl was attacked at Mirabeena Regional Park, Landsdowne, in Sydney's west, about 6pm (AEDT) yesterday.
Her mother confronted the male attacker during the incident, and he fled the scene on a bike after snatching the woman's handbag.

The 30-year-old woman sustained minor injuries, police said.

Detectives are looking for a man described as being of Middle Eastern/Mediterranean
appearance, 170cm tall, medium build, 30 to 35 years old with dark brown hair.
[/b]

Men want Brimble compo
March 23, 2006
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18572078-421,00.html

The names and behaviour in this case continue to arouse my suspicion. Now they want compensation for attending the inquest.

TWO men described as "persons of interest" in the death of mother-of-three Dianne Brimble want taxpayers to reimburse them for a cancelled overseas holiday.

Dragan Losic and Petar Pantic are seeking almost $4000 each because they had planned to travel overseas this month ' but were unable to go due to the inquest.
Tahlia left the Pacif
ic Sky when it docked in Noumea, but Mr Losic was prevented from leaving until police had attempted to interview him. He did not leave the ship until much later.

Livid that Mr Losic had spoken out to the media after refusing all re
quests to speak to police, Mr Hoenig said the interview had put the Adelaide man "between a rock and a hard place".

"How's he going to come into the witness box ... how's he going to say he won't answer [questions] on the basis that it may incriminate him, when he has said on the record he did nothing wrong?" Mr Hoenig said.

"His comments have prejudiced his position ... it will be contended that what he told the journalist is a lie ... and that lie could well go to consciousness of guilt." The claim for compensation came as it emerged Mr Losic and friend Mark Wilhelm allegedly attempted to force themselves on a woman in another cabin as Mrs Brimble lay dead or dying in their own cabin. Brisbane woman Tany
a Power broke down as she recalled trying to move away from the men.

Advertisement:
"I did not want to hug him," Ms Power told the inquest.
Yesterday, the Coroner released photographs of the incident.

Ms Power told the court she had woken on the morning of September 24, 2002, with a na
ked man - another person of interest, Mark Wilhelm - climbing into her Pacific Sky cabin bunk without invitation.

She said he "kept grabbing her" and she finally "gave him a hug so he would leave me alone".

Ms Power said she asked him three times to get out of her bed but finally left herself, moving to her friend's empty top bunk.

It was while she was there that Mr Losic joined her and tried to kiss her a few times, she said.

Asked by Mr Hoenig if she wanted him to be in the bed with her, Ms Power replied: "No."

She tried to "push him away" but he was quite persistent.

She broke down when she first viewed photographs from the night, saying: "It makes me look like I have gone along with it."

Eight persons of interest to the inquest are unlikely to give evidence this week, as evidence so far has taken longer than expected. [/b]

Cruise ship death inquest adjourned
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200603/s1600484.htm

Honestly. When somebody suspected of a crime has their lawyer try to prevent the courts from asking them questions....is there any doubt that they have something to hide?

The inquest into the death of Brisbane woman Dianne Brimble on a Pacific Cruise ship has been adjourned until later in the year.

Over the past 12 days the Glebe Coroner's Court in Sydney has been hearing evidence from other passengers who were on board the Pacific Sky when Dianne Brimble was found dead in September 2002.

Police have alleged that she died from an overdose of a date-rape drug, and they have nam
ed eight men as persons of interest.

Today the court was told that two of those men intend on challenging the power of the Coroner's Court
to compel them to give evidence which may incriminate themselves on the grounds that it breaches an international charter.

The inquest also heard that police have recently received credible and significant information from an anonymous caller, and they are urging that person to contact them again.

Outside the court her partner David Mitchell also urged the person to call police again.

"It is our understanding that a person or persons has rung through to Crimestoppers with some information that is considered to be of substantial significance," he said.

"To help us find out what might have happened to Dianne, the family would like to ask that person to please contact police again on (02) 9320 7499.&quo
t;

The inquest has now been adjourned until June.[/b]

Men found guilty of drink spiking
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200603/s1600440.htm

At last!

A jury has found two
Sydney men spiked the drinks of 12 people in order to steal from and in some cases sexually assault them.

Chebli Djait, 37, and Adel Samadi, 29, have been found guilty in the District Court on all 16 charges relating to several druggings over a week in October 2004.

Among the 12 victims were tourists from Japan, Switzerland, Korea and Sweden.

During the trial, the jury heard their accounts of memory loss after drinking with the two men

Victims told of later finding that they had been robbed while some spoke in detail of being sexually assaulted while they were semi-conscious.

Sentencing will begin on June 2.[/b]

It seems like every day there are reports of violent crimes in Sydney. Armed robberies, drive bys, "random" shootings and stabbings, strong-arm muggings etc etc. Almost never are the races of the offenders reported. Unless of course the offender is white. As usual. Anyway, people are starting to notice....

A violent robbery every 43 minutes
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18652247-1242,00.html

March 30, 2006

EVERY 43 minutes somewhere in Sydney, someone is being robbed at gunpoint, with a knife or under the threat of violence.

The shocking statistics were revealed yesterday from confidential police incident reports over the past 48 hours obtained by The Daily Telegraph.
It showed that in just 33 hours from midnight on Monday to 9am on Wednesday, 45 robberies had been c
ommitted across Sydney.

It included holdups on banks, post offices and hotels.

More alarmingly criminals were also resorting to holding up people in the street for small amounts of cash.

The majority of the reported robberies involved a weapon. Some involved shots being fired while the others were under the threat of violence.

The crime spree covered the city to the east and south and from the North Shore to the Western Suburbs.
Fifteen of the incidents were "armed robberies" and a further eight were robberies with "aggravation". One was deemed robbery with menace and two incidents involved people being wounded. The remainder were simply classed as robberies.

They did not include br
eak and enter.

"This is just a typical day across NSW," said Opposition police spokesman Mike Gallacher. "The Carr-Iemma Government has starved the police force of desperately needed resources to keep our streets safe.

"On the issues of law and order this Government has ignored all the warning signs and sim
ply sat on its hands.

"It's alarming that the Premier and the Police Minister have enough time to pull water cannon PR stunts, but cannot find the time to address the serious problem of robberies across NSW."

Police are said to be getting "extremely" frustrated by having to race from one job to another.

Yesterday a report from the for Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) revealed Australians were more likely than any other developed country to find themselves a victim of crime.

In January a Productivity Commission report showed people in NSW were twice as likely to be robbe
d than people anywhere else in the country.

A similar armed robbery spree in September last year showed robberies occurring at a rate of one every 1â┚¬Ã…¡ÃƒÆ’”�Å¡½ hours. At the time Opposition leader Peter Debnam declared Sydney to be the crime capital of Australia.

The latest annual report from the Bureau of Crime Statistics reveals that of all robberies without a weapon, only 13 per cent were solved wit
hin 90 days.

For robberies with a firearm, the figure was 9.3 per cent.[/b]

Happily race could not be avoided in this report....

Strike force to probe shootings
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18654260-1242,00.html

March 30, 2006
A NSW poli
ce strike force assigned to deal with Middle Eastern crime in Sydney will join the State Crime Command in the investigation of a double fatal shooting.

Two young men were gunned down on Blaxcell Street, in Granville, about 11.15pm (AEDT) yesterday. One died in the street while the second was taken to Westmead hospital with several gunshot wounds and died a few hours later.
Police are also investigating possible links between the shooting in Granville and a second shooting at a house in the nearby suburb of Guildford, in which no one was injured.

State Crime Command chief Graeme Morgan said a
dark-coloured BMW was seen driving away from both incidents, but it was too early to link the events.

Assistant Commissioner Morgan said officers from the State Crime Command, assisted by detectives from Task Force Gain, were now investigating the shooting
s.

Task Force Gain was established in 2003 after a rash of shootings in Sydney's southwest involving people of Middle Eastern descent.

Mr Morgan said State Crime Command would normally wait for two days before getting involved in serious crime.
"The fact that the State Crime Command has immediately assumed carriage of this investigation is in itself significant," Mr Morgan said.

"Ordinarily, a double murder would attract the assistance of the homicide squad, but only for a limited period.

"In this case we are not waiting for the 48-hour period."

Mr Morgan said police were canvassing the area surrounding Blaxcell Street and had already spoken to a number of witnesses.

He said former Guantanamo Bay detainee [co
lor=#FF0000]Mamdouh Habib[/color]
had been questioned but he was not a suspect. [This idiot seems unable to stay out of trouble]

[/b]

OK. Maybe he just happened to be there. Regardless, his lawyer immediately swings into protect the muslim victim mode.....

Ex-terror suspect sees fatal shooting
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18654893-1242,00.html

March 30, 2006
FORMER Guantanamo Bay inmate Mamdouh Habib witnessed the fatal shooting of at least one of two men shot dead in a Sydney street, his lawyer said today.

Two young men died after being shot on
Blaxcell Street at Granville, in western Sydney, about 11.15pm (AEDT) last night.
One man died at the scene while the second man was taken to Westmead Hospital, where he died a few hours later.

Mr Habib, 50, a former terror suspect released by the US last year, was drawn into the dram
a as he drove along Blaxcell Street last night after collecting his son from work.

He saw a group of youths in front of him, his solicitor Peter Erman said today.

"He heard some shots fired. He saw one youth fall in front of him. He called the police," Mr Erman said.

"He does not know where the shots came from nor who fired the gun and he doesn't know any of the individuals involved.
"He assisted the police as best he could with limited knowledge of what happened because he happened to be at the scene at the time."

Police said Mr Habib was not a suspect in the shooting.

Raul Bassi, who campaigned for Mr Habib's release wh
en he was held at America's Guantanamo Bay detention camp, said Mr Habib had spent much of the night being questioned by police.

"It seems like police think Mamdouh was a witness or something," Mr Bassi said.

"I just had a brief conversation with him (Mr Habib) and he told me that he was almost all night with police."

Mr Bassi said Mr Habib was upset by the inci
dent and its aftermath.

"He feels a bit harassed," Mr Bassi said.

[Note to idiot lawyer Bassi: your victim-client called the police after witnessing the shooting. Of course the police think he was a witness.]

Police said two people had been arrested at the scene for disobeying directions but were released without charge later in the night.

Egyptian-born Mr Habib, who returned to Australia in January 2005, was captured in Pakistan in lat
e 2001 and detained by the US for more than three years as a suspected terrorist, but was not charged.

Last August, Mr Habib was stabbed in the stomach near his Sydney home while walking with his wife Maha. [Trouble just seems to follow this poor, poor muslim]

He was not seriously injured and said he believed the three men who attacked him wanted only to menace him. [/b]

Finally some useful information in this story....

There are no descriptions of the offenders. However, the police issue warnings to middle-eastern gangs. I assume then that the offenders must be middle-eastern in appearance. Interesting to note that the middle-eastern victims were also illegally armed.

Police fear reprisal violence after deaths
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18658708-1242,00.html

March 31, 2006
NSW police fear an outbreak of "tit-for-tat" shootings after the double murder of two men in the western Sydney suburb of Granville and the drive-by shooting of a house nearby.

Detectives are now investigating 22 shoot
ings this year in and around Sydney's western and southwestern suburbs, prompting NSW Police Commissioner Ken Moroney yesterday to call an emergency meeting of his ke
y deputies. Mr Moroney assigned responsibility for the investigation to his assistant commissioner responsible for major crimes, Graeme Morgan.
Mr Morgan warned police would not stand by and see a repeat of a wave of Middle-Eastern gang-related violence that swept Sydney in 2003.

He called on any groups thinking of revenge to remember that many members of the criminal gangs involved in the 2003 shootings were now dead or behind bars.

"I would invite them to reflect on what happened in 2003," he said. "The law will catch up with you."

Bassam Chami, 27, of Granville, and Mohamed Ibrahim Assaad, 26<!--/color
c-->, of Auburn, were gunned down in Blaxcell Street, Granville, about 11.15pm (AEDT) on Wednesday after a confrontation with several other men. Police are looking for a dark-coloured BMW sedan that was seen leaving the scene.

Mr Chami, who was shot in the head and died instantly, was a promising professional boxer and was due to be married in
nearby Lidcombe on Sunday.
Mr Assaad was shot three times in the chest and lay on the road for about 15 minutes before police and ambulances arrived. He was taken to Westmead Hospital where he died several hours later.

Police said one of the victims was carrying a concealed pistol but it had not been fired. Investigators took seven shell casings away from the scene for examination.

Mr Chami had been in prison for manslaughter but had recently been training for a professional middleweight boxing career.

Yesterday his photo
was stuck on the wall above his boxing gear at the Lidcombe gym where he trained five hours a day.

"He was funny," said his trainer Billy Hussein.

"He was the next big thing in Australian boxing. He was ferocious in the ring but if you met him on the outside you wouldn't know he was a fighter. He'll be sadly missed."

Mamdouh Habib, the former terror suspect released from Guantanamo Bay detention by the US last year, was a witness to the sh
ootings as he drove along Blaxcell Street after collecting his son from work.

Mr Habib was questioned about the shootings by police, who said he was not a suspect.

Later that night, in nearby Railway Street in Guildford, a family of four was terrified when their house was shot at after 1am, leaving eight bullet holes in a car, their walls and their front door.

Opposition Leader Peter Debnam described Sydney's
southwestern suburbs as a "war zone", a description Premier Morris Iemma said was hysterical.

Mr Iemma said the state Government would ensure the police Homicide Squad and Task Force Gain - which concentrates on Middle-Eastern crime - had the resources they needed to investigate the shootings.
[The only "resource" the police need is politicians who will not persecute them when they go to Lakemba mosque and round up all these muslim criminals.]

[/b]

Before anyone starts to feel sorry for this "promising young boxer" this article gives us some insight to his true natur
e.

Suburbs 'like war zone'
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18656917-1242,00.html

March 30, 2006
<div
class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div>
A PROMISING young boxer due to marry this weekend has been gunned down alongside his best friend in the latest outbreak of violence in Sydney's west.

Professional boxer Bassam Chami, and friend Ibrahim Assad, were both fatally shot last night on Blaxcell Street at Granville in south-western Sydney.
Mr Chami had served time in jail for the stabbing manslaughter of a man in a Sydney pub on Anzac Day in 1998.

Police said it was the 22nd shooting incident in Sydney this year, prompting New South Wales Opposition Leader Peter Debnam to label the city's south-west a "war zone".

Concerned about the recent increase in gun crime in Sydney, NSW Police Commissioner Ken Moroney today called
a high-level meet
ing of senior police.

In response to the latest killings, police called in the State Crime Command, along with members of Strike Force Gain, established to investigate crime linked to the Middle-Eastern community.

Boxing trainer Billy Hussein, who confirmed the names of the dead men, coached Mr Chami for almost two years and said the middleweight was a "real talent" who dreamed of becoming a champion.
He said the 26-year-old was due to get married on Sunday.

"It's more than a shock. Who cares what he was going to be, all I know is that his mum and dad lost a beautiful child," Mr Hussein said to AAP. [I feel like puking]

"Ibbie (Assad) was his number one fan. Ibbie was there whenever he competed. They had been best friends since they were five or so."

The pair was believed to be standing with a group of men on Blaxcell St
reet at around 11.15pm (AEDT) when seven shots rang out.

One of the two died at the scene, while the other died a few hours later in Westmead Hospital

Assistant Commissioner Graeme Morgan said one of the victims had been carrying a pistol but it had not been used.

He said the backgrounds of the two victims would play a "prominent role" in the investigation.

Mr Chami was sentenced to a minimum of five and a half years in 1999 for manslaughter, after stabbing a man to death at the Auburn Hotel on Anzac Day in 1998.

He also had a lengthy criminal history which included charges for firearms offences and intimidating police.

[A beautiful muslim child indeed!]

Police have already spoken to a number of people who were at the crime scene including former Guantanamo Bay inmate Mamdouh Habib, who was driving home along Blaxcell
street with his son. Mr Habib is not a suspect.

"He heard some shots fired. He saw one youth fall in front of him. He called the police," Mr Habib's lawyer Peter Erman said after speaking with his client.

Witnesses described a dark coloured, BMW sedan leaving the crime scene ' the
same description given by witnesses who saw a car fleeing Guildford three hours later after shots were fired at a house.

Mr Debnam said residents of south-western Sydney were "living with the sound of gunfire" and called on the Government to deploy 500 extra police into the area.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma said police would be given whatever resources were required to find those responsible for the double shooting.[/b]

Anyhow. Getting back to my original thoughts. The press needs to be brave enough to publish the races involved in all this Sydney violence. Then Australians would wake up to who the problems are. Muslims. In particular Lebanese muslims.

We would see more protests like at Cronulla. Politicians would be forced to end muslim immigration. Foreign criminals would be deported without question. That cargo ship that we confiscated from the North Koreans would have been an excellent transport vehicle to the middle east.

If we want to end the "war" send the muslims back to their holy-lands.

Extra police call for 'war zone'
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,18653389-1242,00.html

March 30, 2006
<div class='quotetop>QUOTE</div>
RESIDENTS in Sydney's west were living in a "war zone" and hundreds of extra police were n
eeded to stamp out shootings, the NSW Opposition said today.

Opposition Leader Peter Debnam said shootings were now occurring every day in some Sydney suburbs, with people dying every second day.
In the latest incidents, two young men were killed when they were shot dead overnight in Blaxcell Street, Granville, in Sydney's west.

In another incident, two adults and three children escaped unharmed when several shots were fired into their home at Guildford about 1.45am (AEDT).

Mr Debnam called on the Government to hire an extra 500 police, in addition to the existing 15,000, which he said would help solve gun crime in Sydney.

"Let's get 500 police on the streets in south-west Sydney and deal with this issue," he said.

&q
uot;The people in southwest Sydney are literally living with the sound of gunfire every night.

"The real issue is getting these thugs into jail. How are you going to do that? You get police on the streets."

Mr Debnam brushed off suggestions the crim
e problem was more complex than simply putting more officers on the beat.

"I don't see it as a complex problem, it's basic policing," he said.

"It's a war zone in southwest Sydney."

Mr Debnam said the Government had slashed 600 police from the force since coming to office, and its plan to hire a further 750 was little more than an election stunt which fit with a "media-driven" policing strategy.

Armed robberies now occurred every 45 minutes in NSW, a drive-by shooting every day and a shooting murder every second day, he said.

[My God! This is no
t Australia anymore! The muslims have made it just like their holy-lands.]
[/b]

Back