Multiculturalism and the Politics of Guilt

albion

Registered
Multiculturalism and the Politics of Guilt: Towards a Secular Theocracy
by Paul Edward Gottfried

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books
Review:
The oppression many of us feel comes, Mr. Gottried ponderously explains, from an Orwellian therapeutic state apparatus, determined to forcefully mold its guilty subjects into a subdued, penitent mass that not only behaves with all political correctness, but thinks only the pure thoughts of the virtues of diversity and the desirability of unconstrained immigration. He correctly sees that the welfare state has now become the transformative force throughout the West, using its powerful coercive tools of affirmative action, the school system, and the penal code to force all w
hite European societies to strive toward a sort of ut
opian multicultural society, where "we all just get along."

After giving many examples illustrating the trends, he launches into his explanation. As far as I can make out, his argument is that secularism has weakened Protestantism, with all its rituals of guilt, penance and salvation, which, to satisfy our innate psychological imperitives, was transformed into a public expression of expunging our historical guilts with charitable acts toward the unfortunates of the third world--especially by letting them into our territories where they have full access to the cash in our welfare system.

The truth of his observations on the prevalent trends is clear to anyone who reads a newspaper.

And, I suppose, there may be something to this theory, ably set forth in this work, but I think Mr. Gottfried is plain wrong about the cause of the trends. My own inclination is to exonerate Protestants, and instead point the finger at the dominatin
g force of the mass media, which Gottfried almost totally ignores. I do
n't think he watches TV much. The government, in realistic day to day terms, hardly ever talks to me, nor do the Protestant elite, but the media hammers away at me every day.

It seems to me that Kevin MacDonald has a much firmer grip on this. The cause is Jewish group solidarity, the tool is the media that they dominate, and their goal is weakening the West. They feel more safe and comfortable in a society with several other minoriities, rather than one with an overwhelmingly White, European culture. Pretty simple, really.

Back