Is you seen my mammy?

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/09/28/2-children-found-unattended-in-baltimore-county/

2 Children Found Unattended In Baltimore County
September 28, 2015 8:21 AM

child1.jpg
child2.jpg

BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. (WJZ) — Two children were found unattended overnight in Baltimore County.

Baltimore County police located a 3-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/10/09/oakland-crash-dad-daughter-injured/

Police Search For 29-Year-Old Man Who Fled Crash In Oakland, Leaving Injured Daughter Behind
October 9, 2015 6:57 AM

driver-fled-mug.jpg

OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Police have released the name of the man wanted in connection with a high-speed pursuit Thursday that ended in a crash in Oakland and with the suspect allegedly fleeing the crash and leaving his injured child in the wrecked vehicle.

Police said Kelvin Govan, 29, left his 6-year-old daughter in a wrecked vehicle after he lost control and crashed into a wall on 85th Avenue during a pursuit with officers.

Officers were searching for suspects in an armed home invasion robbery that occurred Thursday morning in San Leandro.

Around 12:45 p.m., officers spotted a vehicle resembling the suspect vehicle on East 14th Street in Oakland, and when they tried to pull the vehicle over, the driver accelerated, leading officers on a high-speed pursuit, police said.

After the crash, the driver, identified as Govan, and a passenger fled the vehicle, leaving the Govan’s injured 6-year-old daughter behind, police said.

The passenger was apprehended following the crash, but Govan was not located.

The child was transported to the hospital for injuries suffered in the crash and is expected to make a full recovery, but she will require surgery, police said.

Police said Govan and the passenger, whose identity has not been released, were not connected to the home invasion robbery police were initially investigating.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ce-woman-abandoned-2-toddlers-motel/76397224/

Phoenix police: Woman abandoned 2 toddlers at motel
7:18 p.m. MST November 25, 2015

635840819100356596-holden.jpg

A 23-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of child abuse after two toddlers in her care were found alone in the hallway of a Phoenix motel, police say.

Police say Dajonae Marvette Holden checked into the Red Roof Inn Phoenix North near Bell Road and Interstate 17 just before 1 p.m. Monday, about four hours before two motel guests found the unattended children and took them down to the lobby.

The toddlers, a 15-month-old boy and 2-year-old girl, were thirsty and in soiled diapers
when police arrived, according to a probable-cause statement.

A motel employee couldn't reach Holden by phone and she wasn't in her motel room, according to police.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/AMBER-ALERT-New-Jersey-Dad-Daughter-359685231.html

AMBER ALERT: Father Accused of Abducting Daughter
By David Chang
Published 12 minutes ago

Valenzuela.jpg

An AMBER ALERT has been issued for a man accused of abducting his young daughter.

Police say 47-year-old Diomedes Valenzuela abducted his 3-year-old daughter Rebecca Valenzuela in Essex County, New Jersey. The two were last seen in Essex County, New Jersey around 2 p.m. Tuesday heading south on I-95.

Diomedes is considered armed and dangerous. He was last seen driving a silver 2004 Dodge Caravan with NJ registration K24ECS. He is described as a man standing 6-foot-1 and weighing 230 pounds.

His daughter is 3-feet and weighs 40 pounds.

If you have any information on their whereabouts, please call 911.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/AMBER-ALERT-New-Jersey-Dad-Daughter-359685231.html

AMBER ALERT CANCELED: Father Arrested After Allegedly Abducting Girl and Stabbing Her Mother
By David Chang
Published at 4:29 PM EST on Dec 1, 2015

An AMBER ALERT has been canceled for a man accused of abducting his young daughter after stabbing the girl's mother.

State Police say they found 51-year-old Diomedes Valenzuela and his 3-year-old daughter inside a grey 2004 Dodge Caravan on the Garden State Parkway in Clifton, New Jersey Tuesday. Valenzuela was taken into custody. His daughter was safe, investigators said.

Valenzuela allegedly stabbed his daughter's mother several times inside a home on Perry Avenue in New York City around 1:45 p.m. Tuesday before fleeing with the girl. The girl's mother was taken to St. Barnabas Hospital where she is currently in critical condition.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Missing-Baby-Girl-Philadelphia--360884111.html

Missing Baby Girl Found Safe
By David Chang
Published at 11:15 PM EST on Dec 7, 2015

JaHiyah-Johnson.jpg

A missing baby girl was found safe Monday night.

Police say 7-month-old Ja'Hiyah :rolleyes: Johnson was located and is in good condition.

Ja'Hiyah's foster mother told police she was in the upstairs bathroom of her home on the 3000 block of Agate Street around 1 p.m. Friday. When the foster mother's 8-year-old daughter opened the front door, Ja'Hiyah's biological mother, Desiree Smith, entered the home, police said.

Smith allegedly took Ja'Hiyah away without the permission of the foster mother or DHS.

The next day Smith met with Ja'Hiyah's estranged aunt outside at 9th and Market streets, investigators said. Smith then allowed the aunt to take Ja'Hiyah to a party, believing she would bring her daughter back around 6 p.m. that same night, according to police. The aunt never came back with the child however, officials said.

Smith then contacted her DHS caseworker Monday morning and reported that her daughter was missing. DHS then contacted police.

While Ja'Hiyah was not harmed, police have not yet revealed whether the girl's biological mother or ont will face any charges.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/18/baby-found-wandering-streets-of-harlem/

Baby found wandering streets of Harlem
By Daniel Prendergast
July 18, 2016 | 8:23am

baby.jpg

The little girl was safely returned to her home after she was found in Harlem early on Monday morning. Photo: David Torres

Police found a huge 2-year-old niglet wandering the streets of Harlem after she walked out the front door of her family’s apartment early Monday, officials said.

The little girl was walking in front of her fambly’s apartment building on West 144th Street near Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard when a neighbor recognized her and called police around 3:30 a.m.

The officers found the child unharmed and brought her upstairs to her home.

Police said it’s still unclear how she got out of the apartment. The girl’s mother was not home at the time.

No charges are expected to be brought against the fambly.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/20/drunk-dad-who-left-daughter-at-subway-takes-plea-deal/

Drunk dad who left daughter at Subway takes plea deal
By Rebecca Rosenberg
July 20, 2016 | 3:29pm

072016stanleyfrederique5sh.jpg

Stanley Frederique at Manhattan Supreme Court. Photo: Steven Hirsch

A bad dad who left his then 3-year-old daughter in a Harlem Subway shop during a drinking binge took a plea deal Wednesday in Manhattan court.

Stanley Frederique, 34, copped to felony abandonment of a child and misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child in Manhattan Supreme Court for leaving the adorable tot at the fast-food eatery July 11, 2015.

If he successfully completes a substance-abuse program, he can withdraw his plea to the felony count but the misdemeanor conviction will remain on his record.

“I’m just happy to put this behind me and get back to my baby girl,” the dopey dad said as he left court. He hasn’t seen his daughter, who is now 4, since the incident.

Luckily, no harm came to the child. A good Samaritan saw her alone just before midnight and walked her to the local precinct.

abandoned_child_pic_21.jpg

Frederique’s daughter at the precinct after her father left her in a Subway restaurant.

Frederique didn’t realize the child wasn’t with him until her frantic mother called him the next morning, court papers show. The Harlem dad immediately went to the police.

“I bought her a foot-long turkey sandwich, then my whole world went fuzzy,” he told cops.

“I don’t remember leaving Subway. The next thing I remember is hailing a cab. I think it was Brooklyn. It could have been Manhattan. I don’t know. My phone was dead.”

Defense lawyer David DeStefano said Frederique is looking forward to getting his life back on track.

zX8hmlG.png

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - A mother reunited with her toddler Monday morning after police said someone stole the woman's car with the young child in the back seat.

Around 9:30 a.m. DeKalb County police said a white 2002 Nissan Altima was taken from a Shell gas station located at the intersection of Flat Shoals Road and Panthersville Road.

More than an hour later, a detective found the car abandoned in the parking lot of the Wayfield Supermarket on Bouldercrest Road with the child still inside.

“I couldn't breathe, like, my heart went out my chest,” said Rachel Malone, the child's mother. “I couldn't breathe, but I thank God every day. You know, I thank Him for bringing my child back [be]cause that's all that I wanted, just for my child to be safe. I didn't even care too much about the car. I just wanted my child.”

Police are searching for the person who stole the vehicle, but want this incident to serve as a reminder to parents.

“We want people to know out there do not leave your child in the vehicle unattended, period,” said Assistant DeKalb County Police Chief Edward Jones.

“Take your child inside the store with you. Take your car keys inside the store with you. It is very dangerous to the child.”

Investigators said Malone will be charged for leaving her child in the car unattended.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/184020115-story

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/08/08/toddler-found-wandering-alone-in-park-in-delaware/

Toddler Found Wandering Alone In Delaware Park Reunited With Mother
August 8, 2016 8:39 PM

e64e6f34afdd5ecf0d451030bf9d1b7c.jpg

WILMINGTON, DE. (CBS) — Police say a young boy who was found wandering alone in a park in Wilmington, Delaware has been reunited with his mother.

Authorities say the boy, believed to be about 2 or 3 years old, was found around 6 p.m. Monday in Speakman Park in the 200 block of East 30th Street.

Police searched the park and surrounding area extensively but were unable to locate a parent or guardian.

Police reached out to the public for help and were able to track down the boy’s mother.

She told police that she had left the child in the care of his stepfather, who is believed to have been with the boy at the park before the two became separated.

The circumstances of how the child was lost remain under investigation, but police say no foul play is suspected.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/18/toddler-found-wandering-alone-at-bronx-subway-station/

Toddler found wandering alone at Bronx subway station
By Georgett Roberts and Daniel Prendergast
August 18, 2016 | 10:58am

A 3-year-old boy was found wandering around alone in his underwear at a Bronx subway station early Thursday, authorities said.

Cops discovered the child on the southbound platform of the elevated 183rd Street station above Jerome Avenue in Fordham Heights just before 7 a.m.

He was wearing only a pair of briefs and black sneakers at the time, cops said.

The boy’s mom was eventually located at a shelter on Davidson Avenue where the family lives and taken to the police station, where she was reunited with her son.

A neighbor who lives at the building said he woke around 8 a.m. to hear the mother screaming when she realized the boy was gone.

“The parents woke up and found out their son was missing,” the neighbor said.

“I heard the mom yelling, ‘Isaiah! Isaiah!’ She was very frantic.”

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Fowler-Missing-Twins-390929441.html

Pennsylvania Mother Doesn't Reveal Whereabouts of Twins Missing for More Than 10 Years: Police
By Wire Reports and NBC10 Staff
Published at 1:52 PM EDT on Aug 22, 2016

Patricia+Fowler+Missing+Twins.jpg

A judge has ordered the mother of Pennsylvania twins whom child welfare caseworkers haven't been able to locate for more than 10 years to undergo a mental health evaluation.

A district judge postponed Monday's preliminary hearing for Patricia Fowler on charges she endangered the children and obstructed efforts to find them. The judge rescheduled the hearing for Sept. 12 and said the evaluation must be done before then.

The 47-year-old Penn Hills woman and her lawyer declined to comment.

Fowler has given various accounts of where the 17-year-old twins live, none of which have checked out, said police.

"We have no reason to believe she did harm them," Penn Hills Police Detective Leo Johe told NBC affiliate WPXI. "There's no evidence. There's no bodies. But since we don't know exactly what happened, we can't rule it out."

Family members told investigators they also don't know where the twins are.

Fowler's son, 18-year-old Datwon Fowler, is charged with pretending to be one of the twins and sending a text to police saying they're OK. He doesn't have an attorney listed in court records.

53g2QPI.png

Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:47PM

COLLINGDALE, Pa. (WPVI) -- Police are investigating after a 3-year-old boy was found wandering alone on MacDade Boulevard in Collingdale, Delaware County on Thursday morning.

He was found around 7:15 a.m. next to a trolley station.

"The child leaves about three blocks from where he was found. What is concerning you have the trolley tracks, a major route for the SEPTA line and also MacDade Boulevard with buses and heavily traveled traffic," said Chief Robert Adams.

Investigators believe surveillance video from McDowell's Auto and Truck Service captured the child walking, and police swooping in moments later to pick him up.

Adams said the child was staying with his uncle in the area. The child's mother lives in Northeast Philadelphia. It's still not clear how the child got out of the home.

His uncle didn't have much to say we asked about what happened.

"I don't want to answer any questions until I find out everything," he said. "The child is okay."

Collingdale police posted the child's picture on their Facebook page and alerted media outlets in hopes that someone would recognize the child.

Within about two hours, his uncle showed up to Collingdale police headquarters to identify him. The good news is this 3-year-old was not injured, but now investigators are working to figure out how he got out of his uncle's home and wandered down a dangerous street all alone.

"I don't believe at this point there are any criminal charges pending, I could be wrong, but on the face of what I heard maybe it just some parenting skills that need to be fined tuned and take care of this kid so he has a bright future. He is a smart little guy," said Adams.

http://6abc.com/news/boy-3-found-wandering-alone-in-collingdale/1484508/

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...wandering-near-trolley-tracks/#comment-336659

Delco Police Have ‘Stern Words’ For Family Of Toddler Found Wandering Near Trolley Tracks
August 25, 2016 1:53 PM

toddler-found.jpg

COLLINGDALE, Pa. (CBS) — Police have some “stern words” for the family of a toddler found wandering near trolley tracks in Delaware County.

The three-year-old was spotted around 7:15 a.m. near the Collingdale station at Woodlawn Avenue and MacDade Boulevard in Delaware County. The stranger brought the boy to the Collingdale Borough Police Station.

Officers flooded social media with the boy’s picture to try finding out who he belonged to. Police found that the boy stays with various fambly members during the week.

“A niglet is not a toy. I’m sorry I don’t mean to say it that way but you can’t take a milk dud and pass him around the fambly,” said Police Chief Robert Adams at a press conference. “If you can’t assume responsibility for the chile then there’s things you need to do.”

Children and Youth Services are meeting with the boy’s fambly members to determine a plan of action. The turdler is also getting a medical check-up.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...ne-in-parking-lot-in-delaware/#comment-336983

Toddler Found Wandering Alone In Parking Lot In Delaware
August 29, 2016 8:49 AM

toddler-found-in-dover.jpg

DOVER, Del. (CBS) — Officials say the parents of the boy found wandering through a Delaware grocery store parking lot have been located.

Authorities say around 5:30 a.m, a boy around two-years-old was found in the parking lot of the Redner’s Market on 88 Salt Creek Drive in Dover.

Troopers and employees tried to locate the boy’s parents, but were unsuccessful at first and turned to the public for help in their search.

Police say the boy is in good health and was taken back to Troop 9 in Odessa, where he is happy and playing.

His parents are now on their way to be reunited with their son. It’s still not clear how the boy became separated from them. :rolleyes:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Children-Alone-Pennsylvania-Apartment-401129825.html

Hongry Kids Found Alone Wifout Beds: Mammy Faces Charges: Police
Published 5 hours ago

A Pittsburgh woman has been charged with endangering her four children after police say they found them alone in an apartment with no beds, no food and one working light.

Court records show 34-year-old Takoya Parker, of East Hills, was charged after the children were found Saturday, though it's unclear if she's in custody and no defense attorney is listed.

Police said they found the children — ages 10, 6, 5 and 3 — after being asked to check on their welfare. They say the apartment was in disarray and the children said they hadn't eaten and didn't have a phone number to contact their mother.

When police contacted Parker at work, she allegedly told officers she couldn't leave and to "just take them." Police and child welfare caseworkers have placed the children in a neighbor's care.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/29/cops-try-to-identify-toddler-found-wandering-in-brooklyn/

Toddler found wandering in Brooklyn
By Amanda Woods
December 29, 2016 | 12:13pm | Updated

161229-child-found-feature.jpg

NYPD is asking for the public's assistance in identifying dis chile.

A turdler was found wandering a Brooklyn street early Thursday morning — and cops have found his family and launched an investigation, cops said.

The boy, who cops say is about three years old, was found near Livonia Avenue and Herzel Street in Brownsville at about 1:15 a.m.

Officers who were canvassing the area trying to find the boy’s relatives found his grandmother shortly after cops issued an alert about the unidentified boy.

The boy remains in the care of the Administration for Children’s Services as they investigate along with the NYPD.

It is not clear how he initially escaped his fambly’s nigger nest.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/3-year-old-boy-found-wandering-the-streets-alone/

3-year-old boy found wandering the streets alone
By Tina Moore
March 2, 2017 | 9:41am

A taxi driver found a 3-year-old boy wandering alone through the Bronx on Thursday morning, police said.

The child was walking down Sedgwick Ave, near West 167th Street, in Highbridge when the cabbie spotted him around 6 a.m.

The driver grabbed the child and flagged down a team of cops who happened to be on patrol in the area, officials said.

The boy was taken to Lincoln Hospital for an evaluation. He did not appear to be harmed, officials said.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/02/3-year-old-boy-found-wandering-the-streets-alone/

3-year-old boy found wandering the streets alone
By Tina Moore
March 2, 2017 | 9:41am | Updated

A taxi driver found a 3-year-old boy who wandered out of his Bronx apartment and onto 167th Street on Thursday morning , police said.

The child was walking down the street near University Avenue in Highbridge when the cabbie spotted him around 6 a.m.

The driver flagged down two cops who were on patrol in the area and turned the child over to them, officials said.

The officers then took him to a police station around the corner on Sedgwick Avenue before taking him to Lincoln Hospital for an evaluation.

He did not appear to be harmed, police said.

The boy apparently strolled out of his fambly’s apartment after his mom left for work and left him in the care of one of the child’s older siblings :rolleyes:, police said.

When the child’s grandmother arrived to babysit the kids, she realized the boy was missing, and walked over to the police station.

She was reunited with the child late Thursday morning, police said.

Back