Is you seen my mammy?

Police find missing monkey

Police find missing monkey

01_11-nickerson.jpg

CHARLOTTE -- Police have found a 9-year-old that went missing Sunday night from his north Charlotte home.

According to reports, James Nickerson walked out of his home on Vancouver Drive, in the Hidden Valley community, around 8:30 p.m. while his mother was in the bathroom.

There is no word on where they located the niglet.

Pigeons can find their way home, but not niglets.

http://www.wftv.com/news/10735273/detail.html

10735266_240X180.jpg

Man Arrested For Leaving Daughter Locked In Car

POSTED: 5:21 pm EST January 12, 2007
UPDATED: 5:22 pm EST January 12, 2007

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A three year old girl was left all alone locked in a car and her parents were no where in sight. Eyewitness News has learned who the child's father was and why he left her alone.

When firefighters arrived at the jail parking lot where the car was located, a three year old girl was found locked inside of a Cadillac. When they couldn't find the driver they broke in the car and took custody of the child. All the while the girl’s father was visiting a girlfriend in the visitor’s center.

Johnny Hawk, Jr., 51, quickly went from a visitor at the jail to an inmate. His daughter was left locked in a car while he went inside the visitation facility for nearly two hours.

“Apparently they waited around for a few minutes to see if anyone would return. It became apparent that nobody was, so they got the child out of the car and Orange County Fire Rescue took custody of the youngster,”�”� said Jim Solomons of the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The little girl was removed from the car and taken to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital to be checked out. That's when Hawk turned up and tried to talk his way out of the mess saying he was in the bathroom.

But records showed that he was actually visiting with Lora White, who was in jail on drug charges.

“It's surprising anytime it happens anywhere, but you would think in an environment frequented by a number of law enforcement officers you don't know what people think at times,”�”� Solomons said.

Hawk was already on probation, so leaving the child in the car landed him inside the jail without bond. And the sheriff's office pointed out what could be a telling statement.

In the incident report when Hawk was told that the Department of Children’s and Families was caring for the girl and feeding her his alleged response was disturbing.

"I don't care about her,”�”� he said. “Just let her get lost."

There has been no word what will happen to the little girl next or who her mother is. The mother was granted custody.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The unintentional jigaboo humor never ends.

Great report Negrodamus.

http://www.kshb.com/kshb/nw_local_news/article/0,1925,KSHB_9424_5280007,00.html

Casey-Flowers_d.jpg

Mother charged with child endangerment
January 14, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – A Kansas City mother is facing two counts of child endanger after she allegedly left her young children alone in an apartment that later caught fire.

An electric stove ignited the cord of an electric fan in a first-floor unit apartment at 707 Indiana Friday around noon.

The apartment had no gas and the stove and fan had been left on, possibly in an attempt to circulate heat throughout the apartment, an officer said.

Neighbor Jason Jones heard the 2- and 4-year-old girls’ cries as he was exiting the building. According to the police report, Jones entered through an unlocked window and handed the two children out to his wife. He did not find anyone else in the apartment.

The report said 45 minutes late the children’s mother Casey Flowers, 24, arrived at the scene. She asked if the girls were OK, but fled after being asked to step aside and wait.

An officer noted that there was drug paraphernalia including small baggies, razors and glass pipes in a rear bedroom of the apartment in plain view. And, the items were accessible to both children.

After being located and taken in to custody, Flowers first said she lived alone with her children, but then said she lived with a brother. She told officers she had left the children in the care of her brother the day of the fire, the report said.

Flowers is being held on $4,500 bond. The children are in protective custody.

5964674bg20oc.jpg

Ahamd Cuffee, Three weeks old : Is you seen my mammy ?

5964674bg48kn.jpg

Mammy's dead, murdered by her boyfriend Jamal Mann

5964674bg37go.jpg

Chesapeake family talks about new mother's death

Family grieves for Akayla Cuffee. The new mother was found dead in her Chesapeake home. Hours later the 26 year old's boyfriend, Jamal Mann was arrested and charged in her death. Now a newborn baby has to grow up without his mother.

"Everybody loved her," said Akayla's sister Donielle Moore. "When I say everybody, you couldn't imagine."

Moore and Cuffee weren't just sisters, they were best friends.

"We had so many plans," added Moore.

Now those plans won't happen. A beloved sister has been taken away. Police say at the hands of her boyfriend Jamal Mann.

"When he would threaten my sister I kind of thought it was serious," said Moore. "Especially when she told me he was going to kill her."

In December, Akayla filed a restraining order against Jamal. The couple was together for a year, but Donielle says it was a rocky one.

"She broke up with him, then he called her and said I'm going to get you," added Moore.

Akayla feared for her life, however she was pregnant with his child. January 3rd she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Ahmad.

"When it was time for her to have the baby that's when he really crept his way back into her life," said Donielle.

With the new edition, the couple seemed happy again. That's until police found Kayla's body.

"I don't see how anybody could do that to somebody that they love," said Moore. "And leave them under the bed."

Though she's gone, her family says she lives on in her baby boy.

"Each one of us have a part of Kayla in us," added Moore. "He will know that from the love we give him. He will see his mommy in all of us."

For now Ahmad is staying with his grandparents. The family has made it their goal to make sure he knows his mother. As for his father, Jamal Mann is currently being held in the Chesapeake City Jail.

Why did the tweaking niggler cross da road?

Shivering toddler found crossing busy avenue

Hillsborough County, Florida - A 2-year-old niglet was found shivering and alone in a busy neighborhood Tuesday morning.

The child was discovered near the Bay Gardens Retirement Village along East 124th Avenue. Residents say the niglet had crossed the busy avenue when they called sheriff’s deputies.

07130182327_toddler.jpg

Retiree Chris Redman stayed with the toddler until Hillsborough County Sheriff’s deputies arrived.

“Before they got here he was freezing. I mean he was in his stocking feet and he had a little thin t-shirt on, he’s sitting freezing. So I loaned him my jacket, wrapped him up in it.”

0713018041_gillyard.jpg

The child was taken into protective custody. His mother, 34-year-old Kendra Elaine Gillyard is charged with child neglect, possession of marijuana, possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Gillyard was booked into the Hillsborough County jail on $5,000 bond.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10963155/detail.html

10967767_240X180.jpg

4-Year-Old Ayinde Bradford Found Safe; Dad Arrested

POSTED: 11:39 am EST February 8, 2007
UPDATED: 5:28 pm EST February 9, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

PITTSBURGH -- An Amber Alert has been called off for a child who was taken in a custody dispute outside the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh on the city's North Side, police said.

The boy, 4-year-old Ayinde Bradford, was found alive and safe with his father, ****a, at the Econo Lodge on Steubenville Pike in Robinson Township.

****a Bradford, 29, was arrested on charges of kidnapping and interfering with child custody, and Shayla Harris, 18, who allegedly drove a car in which the father and son rode, was arrested on a charge of criminal conspiracy, police said.

The incident began when Ayinde Bradford's grandmother dropped the boy off at his preschool program at the children's museum in Allegheny Square at about 9:45 a.m. Thursday, according to police.

"She noticed that ****a Bradford was quickly approaching with some gifts and presents, and he approached the grandmother and demanded to see his son," Pittsburgh Police Cmdr. Tom Stangrecki said.

****a Bradford confronted Ayinde's grandmother in the parking lot and threatened her when she attempted to give him a protection from abuse order that Ayinde's mother had filed, according to Pittsburgh Public Schools Safety Chief Bob Fadzen.

The grandmother grabbed Mace from her car, but Bradford pushed her to the ground, took his son and left in a car, city police said.

Police said the boy's parents are involved in a custody dispute.

According to the PFA, Ayinde Bradford's mother claims that ****a Bradford has a history of acting violently toward her.

The man has struck her in the eye with a bottle, pushed her down some stairs, threatened to take their child away, and chased her as she ran through the streets with their son, according to the PFA.

The PFA was filed after an alleged incident on Dec. 28, in which the woman describes being struck and pulled out of a car in the parking lot of the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium.

A judge continued the order on Jan. 30 and allowed it to stay in effect until Feb. 21.

****a? I had to find out. It's Koonta, knowha'm'say'n.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5036689

Niglet Left on Bus, Sets Off on His Own

By Cathy Gandolfo

February 15, 2007 - When the folks in the White House started talking about No Child Left Behind, this is not what they had in mind.

021507-leftbehind-toddler-200.jpg

It's yet another case of a child being left on a school bus for several hours. To make matters worse, the weather was bad and the child got off the bus and started walking in the street.

Shanell Edwards almost can't stop hugging her 3-year-old son Elijah after a nightmare of a day on Tuesday. The Edwards live in Glassboro, which is just about a mile from Glassboro Head Start. Elijah started attending Head Start on February 1st.

He was picked up at 8:30 Tuesday morning. It was flurrying and quite cold. He never got off the bus at school and neither the driver nor bus aide noticed according to police. The bus was then driven back to the driver's home in Vineland.

At 12:15, nearly 4 hours after Elijah was picked up, he was spotted by a motorist walking on Walnut Road - roughly 20 miles from the Head Start in Glassboro... but around the corner from the bus driver's house.

"We took the child right over to the Emergency Room at the local hospital, had him checked to make sure there was no hypothermia or any problem. The child appeared to be fine," said Lt. Steve Cleveland of the Vineland Police Department.

Police believe the little boy got out of the bus through the emergency door. When he didn't come home by 3:45, Head Start Shanell Edwards called Head Start and was told her son never made it to school that day.

Bus driver Lillian Portalatin and aide Tamie Parks work for Student Transportation of America. They've been suspended and police have charged them with endangering a child. As for the woman who found Elijah... she left without giving police her name.

While Vineland Police looked for Elijah's parents, Head Start was calling the bus company and the driver was located. Finally the Edwards were reunited at 6 that night.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/11291392/detail.html

11298175_240X180.jpg

Sitter Accused Of Leaving Baby Alone Is Charged

POSTED: 6:45 am EDT March 19, 2007
UPDATED: 4:53 pm EDT March 19, 2007

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- A child care provider accused of leaving a 3-month-old baby alone found out today that she will face criminal charges.

Janie Gillespie, who ran Mom's Daycare at 503 Old Augusta Road in Greenville, already lost her license to care for children in her home as a result of the alleged incident.

Monday, Gillespie was charged with criminal nelgect of a child.

Tikeeta Wallace said she first went to pick up her son Camern from the daycare home earlier than usual on March 6. She said no one was there, but she heard her baby crying, and when she went inside, she found him alone in the house in a crib with a heavy blanket over his face.

Wallace said that she found the care provider through a referral service. Gillespie was licensed to care for up to six children in her home. As of Monday, all the signs that designated Gillespie's home as a daycare facility have been removed.

Wallace said, "I know it sends a message out to other daycare providers to let them know -- who are not doing the right things -- that you will get caught and you will get prosecuted."

Resources For Parents

Choosing a day care provider can be challenging for parents because not all home-based centers function at the level that parents hope for.

Linda Brees, Safe Kids Upstate director, said, "If they're wanting to open up a child care center in their home, there are some guidelines that they need to follow in order to be a licensed center, but unfortunately, there are not very many educational standards that have to be met."

Laurie Rovin, director of Success By Six, the branch of the United Way that oversees childcare issues, said that South Carolina lags behind when it comes to standards set for childcare providers.

Rovin said in the Upstate, the current effort to improve standards is focused more on center-based day care facilities. Because of that, Rovin said that family-based or home-based day care centers are somewhat overlooked, even though those, too, have standards to meet.

For day care referrals in the 14-county area, parents can call United Way Child Care Resource and Referral at 467-4800.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/11195077/detail.html

11197447_240X180.jpg

Mother: Day-Care Owner Forgot Infant, Left For Hours

POSTED: 4:08 pm EST March 7, 2007
UPDATED: 5:02 am EST March 8, 2007

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The mother of a 3-month-old baby said when she went to pick up her son at the home of her day-care provider, she found the baby alone and the baby sitter gone.

Tikeeta Wallace said she first went to pick up her son Camern at Mom's Daycare at 503 Old Augusta Road in Greenville at about 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, which she said is earlier than normal.

Wallace said that since no one was there, she thought the child-care provider had taken the baby somewhere with her, so Wallace left to bring some things back to her home nearby.

Wallace said that when she returned to the day-care provider's home about an hour later and repeatedly knocked on the door, no one answered. Then Wallace said that she thought she heard a baby crying, so she went to a back door and found it unlocked. Inside, she said she found her son alone in the house with a thick blanket pulled up over his head.

Wallace said, "I was hurt. I was disappointed. I could say a lot of things, but there's nothing to prepare you for the way you feel in a situation. Nothing to prepare you for that."

Wallace said that she found Mom's Daycare through a referral service.

Wallace said, "She was very nice and friendly and, you know, I thought it was a nice place for my son. It looked just like grandma's place ... I bragged on how good this woman was with my son. It really just took me back -- completely knocked me off my feet. I couldn't believe it."

Wallace said that until she finds another day-care provider, a friend will look after her son.

"When I left my son with her, I expected her to care for my son as if he were her own," Wallace said.

The day-care provider declined to comment on the incident. She is licensed to care for up to six children in her home.

Wallace says she wants to see Mon's Daycare shut down.

Resources For Parents

Choosing a day care provider can be challenging for parents because not all home-based centers function at the level that parents hope for.

Linda Brees, Safe Kids Upstate director, said, "If they're wanting to open up a child care center in their home, there are some guidelines that they need to follow in order to be a licensed center, but unfortunately, there are not very many educational standards that have to be met."

Laurie Rovin, director of Success By Six, the branch of the United Way that oversees childcare issues, said that South Carolina lags behind when it comes to standards set for childcare providers.

Rovin said in the Upstate, the current effort to improve standards is focused more on center-based day care facilities. Because of that, Rovin said that family-based or home-based day care centers are somewhat overlooked, even though those, too, have standards to meet.

For day care referrals in the 14-county area, parents can call United Way Child Care Resource and Referral at 467-4800.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=29e05811-fab3-4727-8be4-cb86744ffe1e

070425abandonedbaby2xw5.jpg

Update: Abandoned Newborn In Good Condition

The family of a woman accused of abandoning her newborn son says she suffered from depression.

Westland police say 27 year-old Valeeka Gartrell gave birth to the baby boy Monday afternoon, wrapped him in a plastic bag and left him in the family garage.

Gartrell told her family she needed to go to the hospital.

There, doctors discovered Gartrell had already given birth and alerted police.

The baby boy is alive and healthy but is in the hospital.

Gartrell has another child who is in the custody of her grandmother.

Gartrell is being held at the Wayne County jail on $100,000 bond.

She has been charged with intent to commit murder and first degree child abuse.

Jefferson Parish officials said two men have been charged with kidnapping a 10-month-old boy who was found safe after his mother told police he was taken over the weekend.

Charles "Chuckie" Mosby, 18, and Lawrence "Nip" Dugay III, 19, each face counts of simple kidnapping.

Chanell Wilson, 16, said she was sitting on the front porch of her home on Ames Boulevard at about 9:45 a.m. Sunday.

Wilson told police that two men she knows casually came up to her, and "Chuckie" asked to take her son with him to a nearby store.

She agreed, police said. Wilson has been charged with improper supervision of a minor by a parent.

Investigators said they're still looking for the man who was driving the car that was carrying Mosby and Dugay.

:niglet::niglet::niglet::niglet::niglet::niglet:​

http://www.wdsu.com/news/13437767/detail.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5396726

2 Toddlers Found Outside Supermarket

The 2 and 3-year-old were Found on a Curb at 4 a.m.

FAIRVIEW, N.J. (AP) - June 15, 2007 - A cab driver found 2 toddlers sitting on a curb in their pajamas outside the A&P supermarket on Anderson Avenue early Friday.

Police launched a search for their parents.

A woman, who was either their mother or a relative, was located in Cliffside Park more than 3 hours later, Patrolman Carmen Dalessandro said.

The boys were spotted by the cab driver around 4:00 a.m.

The brothers told officers their names were JoJo and Dre, Dalessandro said. The boys said they were 3 and 2 years old.

No other information was immediately available.

077617243_vaa.jpg

Today's Top Black Mutha

A mother who allegedly left a 4-year-old alone in a van for more than 15 hours has been charged with cruelty to children.

According to Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills,
Valise Kenon, 26 of Lithonia, was charged Thursday night.

He said she was released on $2,600 bond Friday after being held overnight in the Putnam County jail.

According to Sills the van was broken down on the side of Route 16, the Sparta Highway, east of Eatonton.

A DeKalb County family was heading home in several vehicles from a July 4 family outing in Washington County.

According to Sills, Kenon said she got into another vehicle when the van broke down sometime after 10 p.m. Wednesday. She said she thought her son was with other family members.

Sills said the boy was discovered around 2 p.m. Thursday after his grandmother called the sheriff's office.

He was taken to Putnam General Hospital and Sills said the boy's condition is not life-threatening.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_518154.html

'Forgotten' Homewood baby left in car for 10 hours

By Jill King Greenwood
TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Friday, July 20, 2007

A Homewood woman left her 13-month-old daughter in a car overnight for about 10 hours with the windows and sun roof open while violent thunderstorms raged outside, Pittsburgh police said Thursday.

Child welfare workers are caring for the girl. Her mother, Brandi Morgan, 25, who, police said, forgot about the child, faces a hearing next week on endangerment charges.

A passerby discovered the child, whom police did not name, just before 7 a.m. Wednesday, strapped in a car seat in the back seat of a brown Lexus parked at Brushton Avenue and Fletcher Way, said Pittsburgh police Cmdr. RaShall Brackney.

The rain-soaked girl wore only a diaper and was covered with leaves, dirt and twigs, police said.

"She was dripping wet and leaves were all over her," Brackney said.
The child was taken to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Oakland, where she was treated for a serious cough from exposure before being released to the custody of Allegheny County Office of Children, Youth and Families, Brackney said.

Police found Morgan in an apartment across the street from the Lexus, Brackney said.

"At first she apparently forgot she had a child because she denied it, but when we asked about the baby in her car, she said she was working and basically forgot about her baby," Brackney said.

The woman couldn't provide any proof of employment, Brackney said, and couldn't give police an explanation of where she was. Neighbors said they saw Morgan park the car and walk away about 9 p.m. Tuesday, but no one knew the baby was inside, Brackney said.

Police charged Morgan with reckless endangerment, child endangerment, leaving a child unattended in a vehicle and resisting arrest. The last charge stems from Morgan's refusal to go with officers who were trying to take her into custody, Brackney said.

"Not only did she refuse to go with us, she never once asked about the condition of her child," Brackney said.

Morgan was arraigned in Pittsburgh Municipal Court and released from the county jail after posting $10,000 bond. She faces a preliminary hearing Wednesday.

Ericka Hall, 33, a neighbor who has four children ages 5 to 16, said she doesn't know the other mother well but was horrified by the incident.

"My kids would never have been in that situation," Hall said. "Something has to change with this society. If you're going to have kids, take care of them. Period."

0720pmurray-b.jpg

Brandon Murray and Ericka Hall

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13727904/detail.html

13727991240x176oz1.th.jpg

Police Crack Abandoned Child Case Using DNA

POSTED: 6:34 pm EDT July 20, 2007
UPDATED: 7:17 pm EDT July 20, 2007

E-mail this story | Print this story

DETROIT -- Police have cracked an abandoned baby case from 2003 using a national DNA database, after the mother of the baby was arrested on unrelated drug charges in another state.

Four years later, investigators had enough evidence to arraign 40-year-old Marion Basset on Friday under suspicion of child abandonment.

In 2003 police said Basset left a newborn baby girl addicted to crack-cocaine on a stranger's doorstep and took off.

“It just stunned me,”��”�� said Alexis Williams, who found the baby wrapped in a blanket and a sweatshirt on her doorstep in 2003. “I didn’t know how to react or nothing.”��”��

Detroit police have been searching for the baby’s mother since then.

Basset was picked up in Alabama on narcotics charges and her DNA was put into a national database.

“Officers with the child abuse unit obtained some DNA from the child and they entered it into our DNA tracking system,”��”�� said Deputy Chief Marshall Lyons. “Several years later we discovered a person who was incarcerated at the Alabama state prison had submitted some DNA and it matched.”��”��

After the DNA was matched, police discovered Basset was back in Detroit and arrested her.

Police said Basset confessed to abandoning her daughter in 2003.

Health officials said the girl has suffered multiple health problems and has since been placed in a home.

Basset is being held on a $100,000 bond.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5506077

Turdler Found on Coatesville Street
Mammy Remains Missing

COATESVILLE, Pa. - July 24, 2007 - The search is on for a missing mother in Coatesville, Chester County after her little boy was found wandering the streets.

072407marshaywilliams200.jpg

072407marshonlowry200.jpg

Police released a picture of 24-year old Marshay Williams late this afternoon, hoping the public can help find her. Williams' four-year-old son, Marshon Lowery, was found walking along East Lincoln Highway around 9:00 last night.

Police have been attempting to locate Williams ever since. She was last seen Monday near her apartment on East Lincoln Highway.

Authorities say Williams suffers from mental disorders and is currently on medication.

Police also say she may be accompanied by a 38-year old man named Blair Watson.

Back