Is you seen my mammy?

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5506077

Toddler's Mother Found

COATESVILLE, Pa. - July 24, 2007 - Police say they have found 24-year-old Marshay Williams, the mother of a toddler found wandering the streets.

Four-year-old Marshon Lowery was found alone in Coatesville 9:30 Monday night. When police found him they say the boy was soiled, barefoot and frightened. Marshay Williams' sister said she is upset over the news, but not surprised.

"I believe she is confused, crying for help. She has been running the streets with different men," said Miriam Robinson.

Williams had been last seen Sunday night with 38-year-old Blair Watson.

The boy is now in custody of social services, but he may be turned over to other relatives.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13824804/detail.html

Missing Boy Returned Safely
Uncle Returns His Nephew To His Home

POSTED: 10:45 am EDT August 5, 2007
UPDATED: 11:00 am EDT August 5, 2007

13824803_240X180.jpg

PHILADELPHIA -- The uncle of the missing Philadelphia boy returned him to his home Sunday morning.

Philadelphia police said the child's 40-year-old uncle asked to take his 5-year-old nephew to a store on Friday. When neither of them returned, the family contacted the police.

The child, Elijah McKinley, was taken from his home in the 5800 block of Master Street in West Philadelphia Friday. The uncle, Jeffrey McKinley, has a drug problem and a history of child abuse, police said.

The uncle is under arrest, police said.

http://www.koco.com/news/14004540/detail.html

Police: Shoplifter Abandons Boy At Metro Wal-Mart

14004575240x180rb9.jpg

POSTED: 12:54 pm CDT August 29, 2007
UPDATED: 2:42 pm CDT August 29, 2007

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A shoplifter abandoned a boy at a department store in southwest Oklahoma City last Friday, and nobody has come to claim him, police said.

Raw Video: Okla. DHS Official | OKC Police Update

Surveillance video shows a man leaving a Wal-Mart at 6100 W. Reno Ave. on Aug. 24 with a toddler in his basket. Police said that store security officials confronted the man about an allegation of shoplifting in the parking lot.

The man ran off, leaving the boy behind.

Police said they do not know the identity of the boy, but they believe he is 2 or 3 years old. The boy was taken in to Department of Human Services custody.

Nobody has come to claim the boy, and nobody has reported him missing, police said.

Anybody who recognizes the boy should call Crime Stoppers at 1-405-235-7300.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/14084443/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

Police Searching For Missing Upper Darby Teen

POSTED: 3:55 pm EDT September 10, 2007
UPDATED: 4:42 pm EDT September 10, 2007

UPPER DARBY, Pa. -- A search is under way for a missing 16-year-old mentally challenged boy in Delaware County.

14084418_240X180.jpg

Police said Stephon Burgess was last seen at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday when he walked away from his Upper Darby home on the 7200 block of Calvin Road.

Police said Stephon, who has Down syndrome, does not talk but may point to get someone's attention.

Stephon was described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 165 pounds. He was last seen wearing a green shirt and gray shorts, authorities said.

Darlene Burgess said her son broke his right leg earlier this summer, so he may be limping.

The mother added that Stephon may not have eaten since Sunday and, like most teens, loves pizza and soda, so he may try to ask for food or help.

This isn't the first time the Elwin School junior has disappeared. In the past, police said they have discovered Stephon as far away as Norristown.

His mom said he's fascinated with trains and loves to ride them.

Anyone who sees the teen is aksed to call Upper Darby police.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14080272/detail.html

mammy2cr4.jpg

Woman Arrested After Child Found Wandering
Police: Woman Left Child Alone, Came Home Drunk

POSTED: 7:52 am EDT September 10, 2007
UPDATED: 8:17 am EDT September 10, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS -- An Indianapolis woman faces neglect charges after her toddler was found alone in the dark near a busy road crying for her mother over Saturday night, Indianapolis television station WRTV reported.

Christine Powell, 27, was being held in the Marion County Jail Sunday facing charges of cruelty and neglect of a dependent.

Robert Turner said he saw a toddler crying hysterically and standing near the road at about 9 p.m. Saturday.

"(She was crying) 'Mommy, mommy,' just asking where her mommy was," Turner said.

Turner's son, Cody, said he went with his father to help Malena, 2.

"A little girl was crying, asking where's her mommy," Cody Turner said. "She was screaming it."

The Turners said they knocked on the doors and windows of the trailer where the girl was standing. When no one answered, Robert said he took the baby to his wife, who works nearby.

"She was crying. She was screaming," said Milessa Turner. "When he brought her up here she was crying. She told me, 'Mommy's in bed.' So, I figured ... her mom was asleep. No, mommy wasn't even home."

According to a police report, Powell was intoxicated when she arrived back home about an hour after officers got there.

"She was just staggering, kind of drunk when she got out. She just said, 'I'm sorry.' There's no apology for that," Milessa Turner said.

Police said Powell tested above the legal limit of .08 in a Breathalyzer test.

Investigators said they don't know how long Malena had been left alone, just a few feet from busy Massachusetts Avenue.

The child was placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5654868

Bus Driver Suspended After Leaving Niglet at Wrong Stop

By Denise James

September 13, 2007 - A school bus driver is suspended after a bus stop mistake that left a little girl lost a mile from home.

A first grader endured a traumatic journey home that she won't soon forget.

Six-year-old Cobree Hooper stayed home with her mom today because she was afraid. On Wednesday, her first day of school ended with the school bus driver dropping her off at the wrong location with no one there to pick her up.

"He opened the door told me to get off the bus. I got off and went walking," said Hooper.

She was dropped off at Washington Lane and Crittenden Street, nine blocks from 66th and 20th where she should have been taken and nearly a mile from where she wound up at Washington Lane and Limekiln Pike. Her petrified mother called police.

"Scary doesn't even describe how I felt. I was hysterical," said Andrea Jackson-Hooper.

The sharp, but frightened first grader crossed several major intersections in search of home or a familiar place, avoiding eye contact with people that made her feel uncomfortable.

"Cause there was a lot of people and I was scared that they would do something. So that's why I would turn my head to the other way and walk," she said.

"And there are people that prey on children. She's 6 years old. She's not strong enough to ward off an adult who's trying to attack her or anything," said her mother.

Finally, a passing motorist noticed the lone, crying child, determined she was lost, took her into a nearby library that contacted police, who realized she was the girl for whom everyone was searching.

"She was hysterical. When I came in she grasped on me, and held me and was crying," said her mother.

The Atlantic Express bus driver who transported Cobree from her Center City school has been suspended from district routes pending an investigation and could face further action. Cobree has a message for the Good Samaritan who noticed her.

"Thank you. I would have never found home if she wouldn't have helped me," she said.

Re: Is you seen my mammy?:13 Yr. Old Niglet Runs Off Wit HER Niglet

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/story/256315.html MIAMI
Missing mother, 13, infant son are found
lg

A missing 13-year-old Miami mother and her infant son missing for most of last week were located Sunday, Miami-Dade police said.
http://blackandmissing.blogspot.com/2007/09/missing-latisha-cross-and-damari-elvine.html .....This is a great website, lots of good stuff on here.
No details were released by police about where the girl and her infant were found.

Police said Latisha Cross, described as an endangered runaway, and her 3-month-old son Damari were being treated at a local hospital.

Last Tuesday, Latisha should have boarded a school bus, but the Cross family told police that a neighbor saw the eighth-grader get into a midnight blue Toyota Corolla.

Police said she may have left with an older man she met on a telephone ``party line.''

Police said they do not know the man's identity.

Family members told police that Latisha took all her son's clothes, some baby formula and changes of clothing for herself, and had told several family friends that she was ''tired of'' being treated like a kid.
Damn this one is definitely a classic. Chock full of TNB

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5751085

Abandoned Baby Found in Montgomery County

By Rick Williams

November 9, 2007 - Police in Abington Township, Montgomery County are trying to determine who left a newborn niglet on a family's doorstep last night.

The sprog was found along the 19-hundred block of Guernsey Avenue.

A woman walking her dog told police she heard a strange noise, and she thought it sounded like cats fighting.

Turns out the noise was coming from an African-American baby boy, abandoned and wrapped in blankets. (Aren't niglets always noisy?)

A note left on the baby read, "Can you please take him to the hospital? It's not that I don't love you. I just can't take care of you. I love you."

The baby was transported to Abington Memorial Hospital. Officials said he appears to be healthy despite having been outside in 34 degree weather for up to an hour.

Anyone with information about the newborn is asked to call the Abington Police Department at 267-536-1110.

NOPD: Mother arrested for child neglect
01:16 PM CST on Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The mother of a three-year-old boy who was found wandering alone at a gas station in New Orleans East was arrested Wednesday.

L_IMAGE.11432118fbd.93.88.fa.d0.1e9714ee1.jpg

Three-year-old Kindall Sanders Jr. was found wandering inside a gas station in New Orleans East Tuesday afternoon.

According to Officer Shereese Harper, an NOPD spokesperson, 29-year-old Katayna Duhe turned herself over to authorities around 10 a.m. and was charged with child neglect, cruelty to a juvenile and a separate fugitive attachment.

Harper said Seventh District officers were called to the Chevron gas station in the 7000 block of Crowder Blvd. Tuesday afternoon after the owner reported seeing the toddler wearing only shorts and socks standing alone inside the store. The owner notified police after he could not locate the boy’s parents.

Duhe had called police in hopes of reuniting with the boy Tuesday night, but a detective with the NOPD Juvenile Bureau said she never showed up to pick up her son, identified as Kindall Sanders Jr. A social worker with the Office of Community Services told Eyewitness News that Duhe never called that evening after the boy was placed in foster care.

Harper said the child would remain in foster care until further notice.

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl110707khchildneglect.1e96dad28.html

Police: Mom gave away 'missing' baby
TYVON.jpg

The caretaker of Tyvon Jeremiah Rivera Hawkins told police the mother literally handed over the baby at a Lauderhill bus depot before walking away, authorities said Friday.

Tamika Thomas, 21, dropped off 1-year-old Tyvon at a Liberty City police station Thursday -- a day after the mother reported that her baby had been missing for a month.

Mother Tracy Rivera Hawkins, also 21, told police she left her baby in the care of an old high school friend in late September, but police have now found the story to be fiction.

Police say Hawkins passed Tyvon on to Thomas without discussion at the bus terminal at Lauderhill Mall.

''She handed him off like a football,'' said Lauderhill Police Lt. Rick Rocco. ``There wasn't even an agreement.'' :laugh::laugh::laugh:

The women had known each other in passing for about a year, since running into each other at the Covenant House shelter in Fort Lauderdale, police say.

Thomas had been staying at a domestic violence shelter in Miami-Dade before she turned Tyvon over to police at the Northside station Thursday afternoon. Tyvon was in good condition.

''If anything she took care of the child,'' said Rocco.

Police are still trying to figure out if Thomas will be charged.

Tyvon is in state custody, as is a second child of Hawkins. The other child is about 2 years old.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14652908/detail.html

mammy1uh3.jpg

Baby Abandoned At DeKalb Hospital

POSTED: 5:10 pm EST November 20, 2007
UPDATED: 5:24 pm EST November 20, 2007

DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. -- The DeKalb Police Special Victims Unit said it is looking for a mother -- possibly very young -- who abandoned a baby boy at a DeKalb hospital.

The SVU commander said his main concern is that the mother is okay since she may have been through birth under difficult circumstances.

Lt. Myron Logan said the baby is okay now but a rescue courtesy of another pregnant mom and the medical staff came just in time after somebody came through hospital doors with a baby in a bag.

“I don’t understand why would she do thatâ┚¬¦I understand some of itâ┚¬¦but a baby,"� said Scharana Lawrence. Lawrence said around 3 a.m. on November 10 she went to DeKalb Medical Center because of false labor. She said she was trying to reach someone for a ride when she heard a tiny voice.

“I went back and got the security officer,"� said Lawrence.

An infant was found in a leather bookbag -- tucked inside with a t-shirt and a diaper.

“The lady who found the babyâ┚¬¦had she not found the baby when she did we possibly could’ve lost the young child. The child was in desperate need of medical attention at the time,"� said Logan.

Logan said he believes a DeKalb Medical security camera shows the person, possibly a young mother, who brought the baby in and left it on a table unattended for roughly two hours. He said his mission is not just to find the mom but to find out if she is okay. “We may have someone out there who needs medical attention,"� he said.

Margie Hunter with DeKalb Medical Center said brand new moms can leave a baby in a hospital, police or fire department but they need to hand the baby to a staff member.

“I’m glad I was there. There was a reason the whole time,"� Lawrence said.

“Actually, we had a miracle take place,"� said Logan. Logan said the mom apparently tried to do the right thing bringing the baby to a hospital but the mistake of not handing it over to a staff member, even anonymously, came close to becoming a fatal mistake.

"He is going to be someone's blessing and he will bless somebody's life," said Hunter.

Logan said anyone with information in this case should call DeKalb SVU at 770-724-7710.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=local&id=5785562

Arrest Made in Abandoned Baby Case

by Bob Monek

November 26, 2007 - Abington police have announced an arrest in the case of an abandoned baby.

The baby boy was discovered on the front steps of an Abington Township home early this month.

The child's grandmother has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child. The mother of the baby, a juvenile, has not been charged.

The baby was abandoned in the 1900 block of Guernsey Street in Abington. A few days later, police released the baby's photo hoping to develop leads in their efforts to find the child's parents.

Chief William Kelly of the Abington Police Department explains, "Normally, the picture of a youth is not released to the media in a situation like this. We've actually gotten a court order so that we can release this picture in hopes of finding the parents of this new born baby."

Along with the photo, the police displayed his convertible baby carrier and clothing. He was wearing a dark blue ski cap, a light blue Carter's "Just One Year" jumpsuit, and was wrapped in a white blanket with the word "Baby" embroidered in red. That was all he had to protect him from near freezing temperatures.

The baby has been placed in the care of the Montgomery County Children and Youth Services. Doctors determined it was unlikely he was born in a hospital, but his health is fine now.

A news conference regarding today's arrest will be held on Tuesday morning.

Pennsylvania is one of 48 states with a Safe Haven Law, which allows parents to relinquish newborns up to 28 days old at any hospital in the state without the fear of criminal prosecution as long as the baby has not been harmed.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/14696294/detail.html

Grandmother, 33, Accused Of Leaving Boy On Home's Doorstep

POSTED: 3:45 pm EST November 26, 2007
UPDATED: 5:32 pm EST November 26, 2007

ABINGTON, Pa. -- There has been a new development involving an abandoned baby left on an Abington Township doorstep earlier this month.

The baby's grandmother is now accused of leaving the infant out in the cold.

"Baby Boy Doe" still may not have a name, but at least police said they finally know how the hours-old infant ended up on the steps of the home in Montgomery County back on the chilly evening of Nov. 8, NBC 10's Deanna Durante reported.

The newborn boy was found wearing clothes and wrapped in a blanket.

Abington police said in court papers filed Monday that those clothes were purchased by the baby's grandmother, 33-year-old Jacqueline Betha at a Target store on Nov. 8.

It was after an anonymous tip to police that they learned the clothes and blankets found with the baby were sold at Target stores.

Court papers said police reviewed surveillance tape from that day and saw a woman buying the clothes.

Court documents also state that investigators obtained the Bank of America credit card number from the day's receipts and traced her to a home in the Frankford section of Philadelphia.

Police interviewed 33-year-old Betha and her 17-year-old daughter. Police said in court documents that Betha was at work, her daughter called saying she was in labor and by the time Betha arrived home the boy had been born. Betha's daughter had concealed her pregnancy from her mother.

The court papers said the grandmother bought clothes at the Target on Old York Road and the intention was to take the baby to Abington Memorial Hospital, which is down the street from the Target. But police said the 17-year-old and Betha told police that they got scared and spotted a home around the corner from the hospital. They knocked on the door and left the baby outside.

According to court documents, Betha told police, "It wasn't the intention to harm the baby. We were afraid. We didn't know what to do. We thought that we were doing the right thing at that time."

No one answered the door Monday at Betha's home, although Durante reported that she did see people looking out the window.

The Frankford woman has been charged with endangering her newborn grandson.

Betha was arraigned Monday morning and released on $5,000 unsecured bail. She has a court hearing scheduled for a few weeks from now.

The grandmother could have avoided charges had she gone through with leaving him at the nearby hospital. Under Pennsylvania's safe haven law, anyone may leave infants up to 28 days of age at local hospitals or health care providers.

The boy, now 3 weeks old, remains in the care of Montgomery County's Department of Children and Youth. Investigative sources told NBC 10 that they hope the child will be adopted to a good home.

Police: Kids Home In Car Seats While Mom Shops

GREENWOOD, S.C. -- Greenwood police said that they arrested a mother who left her four children alone at home, two of them strapped in the car seats, while she went shopping.

Officer went to the home after a hang-up on a 911 call. They said a 6-year-old girl answered the door, and said she was left alone with her 1-year-old brother and her 2- and 4-year-old sisters.

The 1-year-old was strapped in car seat on top of a clothes hamper. The 2-year-old was strapped into a car seat left on a couch.

14825252_240X180.jpg

The 6-year-old told officers her mother had gone to the Family Dollar Store, but officers were unable to locate the woman. Officers said about 25 minutes later, Beverly Davis Hill returned to the house and told them she had gone to a grocery store. She said she had strapped the children into their car seats so they wouldn't roam around the house.

A family friend was called in to watch the children while Hill was charged with unlawful neglect. She was booked and released on a personal recognizance bond.

And naturally, the plurality of sperm donors is not even mentioned.

What an ugly sow. Goes to prove a nigger buck will phuck anything, living or dead.

What a useless pathetic breed. Even the offspring have no purpose other than to provide wig and finger nail money.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14850031/detail.html

mammypiexw7.jpg

Three Children Found Home Alone

POSTED: 6:07 pm EST December 13, 2007
UPDATED: 6:52 pm EST December 13, 2007

DETROIT -- Three small children were taken from their Detroit home Thursday morning after police found them alone.

The children, ages 4, 2 and 1, told police they had been by themselves for at least three days.

They were discovered when the 4-year-old went to a neighbor's home and said they were hungry.

"The (children's) house is just nasty. That's all I can say, nasty," said a female neighbor who asked not to be identified.

"I heard the baby crying when I went over there," the neighbor said. "I changed the baby's diaper and fed them something to eat."

The neighbor also called police, who arrived a short time later and removed the children from the home.

"Actually, it's heart-breaking," said Detroit Deputy Police Chief Chester Logan. "We're going to make the best of the situation and make sure these kids are taken care of."

According to the neighbor, the stove was left on and clothes were thrown all over the home. "The bathroom was flooded, water running over the tub. I tried to turn it off, but I couldn't," she said.

The neighbor said she also found a broken jelly jar and crackers on the floor of the home.

"I got a little teary-eyed when they took the kids, but I think it's the best thing to do," the neighbor said. "If the parents don't care ... I don't understand. Why would you do kids like that and leave them at home?"

The neighbor said she was not sure about the children's father, but she did recall seeing a man at the home from time to time.

Detroit police have turned the case over the the Child Abuse Unit.

As of Thursday night, police still had not heard from the mother.

Re: Is you seen my mammy? More on Beverly Hill

Greenwood Mother Arrested
http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/search.apx.-content-articles-SPA-2007-12-11-0014.html

Tuesday, Dec 11, 2007 - 11:20 PM

A Greenwood mother was arrested, but has been released on bond, after cops say she left her 4 young kids, including two infants home alone.

Beverly Hill has been charged with child neglect after police found the kids alone when the oldest child called 911.

Hill says she had angels and god watching her children, and God wouldn't let anything happen to them. She says the charges have taught her a lesson.

:rolleyes2:

Dese Chilluns Waz Left By De Dumpster

12n-toddlersfound1214-autosized258.jpg

Little Yella Mulattos Left Out In Da Cold

Police are investigating a mother's possible role in the apparent abandonment of her two children early Friday in the parking lot of a Phoenix strip club.

A garbage collector found the children - a girl believed to be about 9 months old and a boy about a year and a half old - while making his rounds in central Phoenix about 5:30 a.m.

They were propped up against the dumpster, police said, surrounded by broken glass and cigarette butts, less than 10 feet from the road.

A surveillance tape attained from the club, located on Seventh Street and Virginia Avenue, shows the driver of a white sedan dropping the children off about 4 a.m.

Dale Mazur, general manager of Bandaids Show Lounge, said he drove into work to find "a half dozen police cars in the parking lot." Officers told him what happened.

An unidentified caller saw photographs of the children on the news and contacted authorities, police said. Officers were then able to identify the children and located their mother. Investigators wouldn't provide the identities of the mother or the children.

Police said it is not clear at this point what, if any, involvement the children's mother had in the drop-off.

The children were taken to a hospital and found to be in good shape, despite being out on a morning when the overnight low in Phoenix registered 42 degrees.

The toddlers will remain in the custody Arizona's Child Protective Services until the case is resolved, police said. Liz Barker Alvarez, spokeswoman for CPS, said the investigation is in the hands of police.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/red.line.cta.2.620102.html

Police Look For Mom Who Abandoned Kids On 'L'

CHICAGO (STNG) ― Detectives continue their search Saturday night for a 24-year-old mother of three who left two of her children on the CTA Red Line Thursday evening and fled with her third child.

About 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Charmaine Nicole Smith was on a southbound Red Line train with her three children when she exited at the 63rd Street station and left the two boys on the L train, according to Wentworth Area Detective Laura Skrip.

The two boys, Isaiah Taylor, 6 and Angelo Gemerson, 4, were placed in foster care Thursday evening and the Department of Children and Family Services is investigating the family, DCFS spokesman Kendall Marlowe said. The girl, 3-year-old Infinity Armani Smith, is believed to be with her mother.

"The kids, from my knowledge, have been like most kids," said Chicago dectective Christopher Garlington. "They're talkative, they seem to be in good spirits and they seem to be in excellent condition."

Taylor's father called Wentworth Area detectives after seeing a photo of his son on the news Friday evening, Skrip said. The father, a Chicagoan, is attempting to contact his son's caseworker at DCFS to discuss possibly taking custody of the child.

"Our primary concern right now is for the safety of the 3-year-old girl," Skrip said.

Smith is originally from Chicago, but lived in Minneapolis for many years before returning here in early December, Skrip said. She is believed to be unemployed and has stayed at a number of shelters with the children throughout the area since her return.

It is unknown whether Smith has a history of mental illness or substance abuse, but an examination at Holy Cross Hospital determined both boys were in good health when she left them on the train.

Police in Minneapolis have been notified of the search for Smith and are working to get images of the woman posted around the area in case she heads back, Skrip said.

Detectives have yet to hear from the father's of Infinity or Angelo, and a family member of Smith's indicated to police that there is a good chance the fathers do not know the children are theirs.

Smith is described as dark-skinned African American woman about 5-foot-6 with a thin build.

Infinity was least seen wearing a yellow coat.

Police are concerned for the well-being of that child and are asking people with any information to call the special victim's unit. Wentworth Area detectives are urging anyone who may have seen Charmaine Nicole Smith or Infinity Armani Smith to contact them immediately at (312) 747-8385.

White Boy: "Police Look For Mom Who Abandoned Kids On 'L'"​

A woman who abandoned two of her three small children on a CTA train on the South Side last week was found by police this morning with the 3-year-old daughter she took with her, Chicago police said.

The woman, Sharmaine Nicole Smith, 24, had telephoned 311 to inquire about her boys, and an alert city operator contacted detectives.

Mother and daughter were found in good condition at an apartment building in the 6700 block of North Bosworth Avenue about 5:30 a.m. Police said the mother had not been placed under arrest as of this morning.

"She called 311 and somehow the 311 operator contacted [Wentworth Area detectives], and they contacted our radio zone," said Rogers Park District Capt. Robert Whalen.

At 6:40 p.m. Thursday, the woman stepped off an elevated southbound Red Line train at 63rd Street with her 3-year-old daughter, Infinity, in her arms, but left her two boys, Isaiah, 6, and Angelo, 4, on the train as passengers desperately tried to alert the woman that they were still aboard as the train pulled away.

Police have said the boys were sitting apart from their mother on the train and may not have been aware that she had gotten off.

Whalen did not know why the woman was at the Bosworth address. He said she and her daughter were in the Rogers Park District Station, 6464 N. Clark St., this morning until Wentworth Area detectives, who are handling the investigation, take over.

It's unclear whether criminal charges will be filed against the woman. The Wentworth Area special victims unit, which is investigating the case, declined to comment this morning.

On Friday night, a man who said he was Isaiah's father called police after seeing a television news report about the boys, police said. Police, who believe the woman and her children are from Chicago, have been trying to locate Angelo's father.

The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, which is investigating the case, took custody of the boys Thursday night, placing them in foster care, said agency spokesman Kendall Marlowe.

Back